Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Sugar and Spice

"Nothing fixes a thing so intently in the memory as the wish to forget it"
~Michel de Montaigne


I was twelve, when I finally realised that life was never the fairytale I thought it was. I watched the news, but I never really thought it was real somehow. The bad things happening weren't real because they never happened to me. Its just a bad story, one which my parents and teachers seemed to love. It wasn't real to me, in my head it could never be.

My name was Casey, or I should say is, considering I'm not dead yet. I might as well be though. I was thirteen when I was diagnosed with depression. Bipolar to be exact. Like Bridget's mum on "The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants.' I had incredible highs and really really bad lows. Everyone at school thought I was insane, laughing and always smiling, but they loved me because they didn't know the truth.

On the 7th of February 2009, Black Saturday occurred. I  was fifteen, never been through a tragedy that effected so many people before. My Grandfather died when I was thirteen (triggering the depression I don't know) and that was the first major thing I had witnessed. But still, it was nothing like this. This was huge, none of the guilt and regret that haunted me over his death can ever compare to this. I wish sometimes I died in it, the nightmares that I got from the fires were horrific. Still just like I always had and never told anyone about them. They thought I was better, my psycho doc, well he thought I was stubborn, no one knew the pain inside of me. The darkness that creeps up and consumes me wholly, the pain that every brisk stroke cuts through my skin causes. This was my pain, and my pain only.


© 2012 Sugar and Spice


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

an interesting start.
nice job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

yo i like this already.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 28, 2012
Last Updated on August 14, 2012


Author

Sugar and Spice
Sugar and Spice

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia



About
Hi My name is Emma :) Sugar and Spice is my WC name because it not only suits me, but my writing down to a t... As a young student, I was often praised for my stories and creativity, but criticised .. more..

Writing