Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by TryingToSee
"

Trust issues create so many problems.

"
I knew they had to be carrying me to the infirmary at the hideout, and I couldn't let them try to heal me or even examine me. It would bring up too many questions that I didn't care to answer. Keeping them away from my 'sleeping' body was easier than I thought it would be. To make things even easier for me they already knew that I could stun my opponents by projecting an amplified version of my own feelings. As soon as I 'blacked out' I started to project my pain. Not to anyone specific, as I usually do, but instead I let out a low powered wave in all directions. Then I slowly and steadily strengthened the amount 'leaking' out. By the time we had reached the hall, I knew everyone had to be aware of what my 'unconscious' brain was doing. 
I risked a peek at their minds to tell how it was going. Already a few had to stay back, or risk being overwhelmed. I knew most of them had a considerably lower pain tolerance, but was it always so bad? By the time we reached the door only two were able to stand it. I sped up the rate that my wave was increasing. Backlash was the one who had been carrying me, but as Hit passed through the door to the infirmary Backlash stumbled, and had to pass me to Hit. 
I truly didn't mean to release that much pain at once, but really it hurt when they unexpectedly moved me like that. I had to use my sight now to know how much more I needed to release. I saw Backlash leaning against the door frame, and knew he could come no closer to me. All that was left was Hit. I focus on him, once again. When he lowers me gently to the bed I let my pain bleed through, to such an extent that when he lets go of me he has to lean against the bed to stop from clasping. 
Then I added a new flavor to my wave. This one wasn't on emotion exactly but more of a feeling. It was what I used when I was surrounded or hiding and didn't want to be found. It was a type of repulsion, so strong it felt physical to any who got close. Hit literally stumbled back a few steps before backing slowly to the door. I let my vision fade. Now all I had to do was wait until they left me unguarded enough that I could make my escape. Well, not quite all. I would have to strengthen my 'shield' while slowly lowering the pain levels that was projected as I pretended to heal. Like a somewhat normal super powered person. Then when this was all over, and I was able to come back all healed, we would all be amazed over the strength that my subconscious mind wields over my mental abilities. To such an extent that even I would be amazed at, as 'I was unaware that I could even do that'. This is such a hassle. It would almost be easier to tell them the truth. Of course I won't, not when I can't hear or even really see their reactions. Not when I'm not able to fully think straight. Or even defend myself, should they decide to attack.


© 2013 TryingToSee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on August 21, 2013
Last Updated on August 21, 2013
Tags: superheroes, pain


Author

TryingToSee
TryingToSee

Canada



About
I love making up my own stories but I am really bad at writing them out. Spelling, grammar, and sentence structure is all very difficult for me. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by TryingToSee


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by TryingToSee


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by TryingToSee