Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by TryingToSee
"

This should start to make more sense soon. Just not this chapter. Spot the hint to Silver's back story.

"
The first time I wake, it has been three days if I am counting right. Silver is there, sitting on a chair in the corner. I moan and try to sit up only to fall back with a gasp. I lift my hand to my face as I see that I have Silver's attention.
"Guh! Okay, no sitting up. Where?" She is standing and speaking to me. Lifting my hand a little I make sure that my next revelation is made in the middle of her speaking. "No! Nonononono. This is not happening!" I wave my hand in front of my face. "This is not happening. Okay, think, Five Step Plan. One: Last thing you remember. We were on patrol. There was a fight. Topaz screaming, pain, more pain. Then Hit carrying me. Movement, then more pain and waking up here. Okay." 
As I'm speaking I also watch as Silver stops trying to speak to me and instead just stands. Waves of sadness come off her, and they only grow the longer that I speak. 
"Step Two: Check for damage. Vision nada, head is one big headache, hands and arms are fine. Ribs are bad. Really bad, definitely broken bad." I'm shifting, flexing and poking with my hands. I go to move my legs and stop with a gasp.
"Right leg, really bruised but not broken, I think. Next, Step Three: Determine location. This is not my bed, therefore I am not at home. I remember Hit carrying me so hopefully I'm at the infirmary, but I'm thinking worst case situation. Also I am not tried up. So, location unknown and most likely bad. Step four: Determine friendlies. Right, here goes. Hello? Anyone there?" 
I watch as Silver tried again to speak to me but I know I won't hear her. I wait for a little longer. Then just as she tries one last time to speak I 'unknowingly' interrupt her. "Hello~ anybody there? Ok, seriously guys if you're there then I need you to say something cause I can't see anything. Guys?" 
My voice starts to crack and my breathing speeds up just a little. Silver stands as close to me as my shield allows and keeps trying to speak to me. "Someone. Anyone! Hello?! Please! Someone answer me!" 
I start panicking and surprisingly so does Silver. She rushes to me and slams into my shield, I moan in response. I can tell that she is trying to speak to me, her thoughts scream with how upset she is. I didn't think this would affect her so hard. 
I am almost sobbing now whispering over and over for someone, anyone. Backlash runs in just as Silver is about to try to get to me. He grabs her and she fights him. 
"This is a dream. Just a dream. I'm at home, asleep, right now. This is just a bad dream. Please. It's not real. Can't be real. Please." Another sob escapes and Silver rips herself from Backlash and collides with my shield once more, even sinking in a little. I scream and 'blackout' again, watching as Backlash grabs her once more and drags her out of the room. 
Once again I am alone, if only for a moment as they send in someone else to watch me sleep. Why? Why can't they just leave me alone. I wish they would make this easier and just leave me alone. I channel my thoughts, making them the fuel for my shield, making it even stronger, on the off chance that they may try again.
Day five I awaken with a start. It is only for a moment, and I panic right away. Trying to get to my feet suddenly, and I collapse back to the bed curling up and yet again fall unconscious.


© 2013 TryingToSee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on August 21, 2013
Last Updated on August 21, 2013
Tags: Superheroes, pain, too much solitude gives you issu


Author

TryingToSee
TryingToSee

Canada



About
I love making up my own stories but I am really bad at writing them out. Spelling, grammar, and sentence structure is all very difficult for me. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by TryingToSee


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by TryingToSee


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by TryingToSee