Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by TryingToSee
"

You may start to hate my main character until you realize her reasons for doing this.

"
It took them longer than I thought it would. They must have assumed that my shield would go down on it's own after a while. Well, that's not going to happen. 
For the past day I have had nothing to do but lay here and think. Even with my muddled thoughts I have managed to work out some things. Their thoughts tingle on the edge of my shield, warning me of their presence. I activate my sight once more. I'll need it to get the timing right. It sends a jolt of pain though my brain and I let my whimper escape. 
As I expected Hit and Backlash are the ones who come forward, as they have the highest pain tolerance. The others stay at the door, looking in. I can tell that they are speaking but I continue to 'sleep'. As they reach the edge of my shield I tense and Backlash reaches out his arm and brushes it. Promptly jerking it back, as it shocks him and I let out a cry and a full body twitch. 
I feel their worry grow as I see their blurring figures converse. Of course it would be Hit, he is the most stubborn, and he has his berserker abilities to help him override the pain. Hit slowly tries to force himself though my shield, and I let out another, louder, cry. I feel their worry grow as they realize that my shield isn't just one thin layer like they most likely assumed, but more of a thick mist, and that it hurts me when they touch it. 
Hit is far enough in that it closes back behind him. As his struggles grow my body becomes more agitated. This isn't working. I did not want to do this, I had hoped they would not make me go so far. Oh this will hurt. 
I arch my body off the bed and let lose an ear piercing scream. Backlash forces his arm though, grabs Hit and drags him back out. We all collapse. Me still twitching and whimpering, Hit curled into a ball, and Backlash cradling his arm. Once they stand back up, they back out to the door and together they all leave. I let myself slowly fade back into stillness. They don't try to reach me again.


© 2013 TryingToSee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on August 21, 2013
Last Updated on August 21, 2013
Tags: superheroes, pain


Author

TryingToSee
TryingToSee

Canada



About
I love making up my own stories but I am really bad at writing them out. Spelling, grammar, and sentence structure is all very difficult for me. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by TryingToSee


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by TryingToSee


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by TryingToSee