Everything Goes to Hell Book 1 Tales of the Sludgeblood Prince Chapter 1

Everything Goes to Hell Book 1 Tales of the Sludgeblood Prince Chapter 1

A Chapter by EJ Williams
"

Read more at my website ejsmagazine.wordpress.com

"

(Faith)

Fanged people encircled me, arguing back and forth in a weird language full of hisses and growls. There were six of them standing around me, four men and two women, but there were even more in rafters and around the edges of the warehouse. I hugged my knees to my chest and bit the nail of my thumb, wondering just how dead I was. One of the men put a hand on my shoulder, his nails broke skin. I bit down on my thumb to avoid crying out in pain. One of the others ripped his hand off me, tearing my blazer and shredding my skin. I screamed out and got backhanded by one of the females. My head hit the ground as their arguing grew louder and the ones around the outskirts grew closer.

The chances of escaping narrowed.

I gripped my bleeding shoulder, trying to put meager pressure on it. One of them grabbed a fistful of my hair and dragged me upright. Another one shrieked angrily and their arguing grew louder still.

“Jesus Christ, you guys are loud.” A boy appeared, with ripped jeans, a dirty white T-shirt, and messy black hair. His face was screwed into a annoyed sneer and he held his finger in his ear. “We’ll have to fix that.” His voice came out in a thick Southern drawl.

I was released and the six backed away startled by his arrival. I scooted towards him, he was my best chance.

“Who the hell are you?” One of the women growled taking a threatening step back toward him.

One of the men narrowed his eyes in suspicion. “He doesn’t smell human. Doesn’t smell demon either.”

The boy dropped his hand from his head and smirked. “Oh I assure I’m a demon.” I stopped scooting towards him as his body began to change; brown eyes shone red, horns curled out of his temples, black leathery wings stretched out behind him, a thin, black tail like a whip wrapped around his leg, fingernails became sharp, blood red claws, and his canines grew into prominence. “And as for who I am,” his voice was deeper now, a guttural growl. He put a crimson clawed hand to his chest, “I’m Joseph Sludge, Son of Satan.”



© 2017 EJ Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on September 30, 2017
Last Updated on October 3, 2017
Tags: fantasy, angels and demons, lgbt characters, journey, adventure