Merlin's Story-beginning

Merlin's Story-beginning

A Chapter by FamaSemperVivat
"

This isn't really part of the story, it's just the story line, my ramblings to work out the development of the story, you've already seen this.

"
On a moonlit night across the mist covered moor, stands a young man unsure as to where he is or how he got there.  The last thing he remembered was laying down in his cot for the night.  Curious about where he is, he follows the path through the end of the night.
Then as he stands at a glistening lake shore he begins to ponder, he peers out in guileless wonder. For rising from the moonlit lake, a lady flows towards him she leaves no wake.

"Child", she says "what is your need?"  "I’m here to aid you with all speed"  "My Lady, I arrive in shame, for I do not even know my name."
"Your name is Merlin," this I know, 
the quest that's drawn you has far to go." "What my Lady is my quest? I feel as if I have been possessed."

"Fear not my child soon you will see, your place on earth revealed to thee," as a sweep with her hand, the pool starts to glow, he sees himself standing near another. Unsure what this means, the lady speaks once again. "The magic felt within this glade, has begun to quickly fade. 
A great wizard one day you’ll be, because it is your destiny." Now, seek the dragon deep within, a cavern chained by kith and kin

Travel now on this path I’ve laid, to serve the prince and learn your trade,
For the prince one day will be, the king of all and in need of thee,
There you’ll find the dragon of which I spoke, chained around his mighty throat,
The magic that you hold within, must be hid from all till then

One day my child your name will be revered throughout eternity
My Lady I still can’t see what is it that my quest's to be
This I know Merlin the Mage,  you will grow to a ripe old age,
All the rest will be revealed to thee,  in time my child you will see,

Now go my son upon this trail, seek the prince so we may prevail
To bring our magic back again, to aid all our kith and kin
Science it seems to be the law of land instead of we,
In this quest you must not fail, or I and others will surely pale,

My lady the young lad cried, what is it has magic died?
Magic my son soon will be nothing but a memory
This prince that I must defend, will he also be my friend?
Yes she says he will be, King Arthur of Camelot friend to thee


© 2011 FamaSemperVivat


Author's Note

FamaSemperVivat
This right now, is just some ramblings, soon perhaps I'll have a good story line to it. I'll be cutting this section apart soon.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I find it ironic that the Lady of the Lake ends up imprisoning Merlin within a rock for all eternity... ;)

Great story though, and I like where you went with it. Merlin is one of the most polarizing figures of Arthurian legend, often being cast as both villian and hero. Of course, legend is legend... who knows what the truth really is? hehehe.

Robert

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I use to love merlin's stories in that Prince Valian, i think i am right i cant remember i like how you made this into a tale of its own, little short you gotta go on..

Posted 12 Years Ago


om o my!!
Merlins was my hero too...
you got a grreat work up here...please complete it!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great story telling, your woven in rhymes keeps in flowing smoothly, delight to recite out loud. This can be expanded into a mavelous continued storyline. Excellent work as always! Captivating read, my friend! *hug* David

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sounds like some fun ramblings to me! I like how the format shifts a little and you end in obvious poetic form. This could definitely be expanded into a storyline, a very interesting storyline.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I find it ironic that the Lady of the Lake ends up imprisoning Merlin within a rock for all eternity... ;)

Great story though, and I like where you went with it. Merlin is one of the most polarizing figures of Arthurian legend, often being cast as both villian and hero. Of course, legend is legend... who knows what the truth really is? hehehe.

Robert

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the rhyme in your story. It makes it flow almost like a song! Well done! Keep on penning!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I do not find it to be mere ramblings but rather a story with greatness evolving within it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


its good u may need to take out the ryming just a little too much.

Posted 12 Years Ago


oh but i just love your ramblings ..... brilliant write :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 12, 2011
Last Updated on July 1, 2011


Author

FamaSemperVivat
FamaSemperVivat

Springport, MI



About
A Wee Bit About Me (Besides being Irish that is) Well, I'm not very good talking or promoting myself in an About Me Page. It's easier to show myself in poetry. As far as this goes, just read my p.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..