Save Me From This Madness

Save Me From This Madness

A Chapter by FantasyLover24601

The poisoned apple turnover had been meant for the savior, Emma Swan. That was why she used Jefferson and his hat to retrieve it. Jefferson watched Emma as she was talking to her biological son, Henry Mills, the adopted son of Regina. He was comatose and Emma was holding his book. Jefferson remembered how nothing had happened with the hat he was telling Emma to work on so that it could transport him and his daughter Grace, who was called Paige in Storybrooke, back to the Enchanted Forest. He had lost her before the curse hit because Regina trapped him in Wonderland. She had double crossed him and he was stuck there, making hats for The Queen of Hearts and her Knave because they wanted a portal to other worlds too. This would be the last time Regina would get away with double crossing him.

“Henry… You were right about the curse. I should have believed you. I’m sorry,” she told him softly. She placed the book under his pillow. “For when you wake up,” she whispered to her son. Regina arrived just as Emma was leaving.

“Say what you’ve got to say. You’ve got ten minutes,” she told the mayor.

“You know where to meet?”

“Yeah. Don’t be late.”

She left Regina alone with Henry. Regina stood over Henry’s bed.

“I’m sorry…” she began to say, sounding close to tears. Jefferson, who was lurking in the shadows, spoke up.

“Pity, isn’t it? There’s nothing harder than not knowing whether you’ll ever see your child again,” he said, trying to sound sympathetic.

“Jefferson, now is not a good time.”

“For you. Well, for me, it’s the perfect time. I’m here to collect. Where… Where is she… My daughter?”

“Emma was supposed to eat that apple, and she didn’t. As far as I’m concerned, that makes our deal null and void,” Regina told him angrily.

“I did what you asked, and you’re going to screw me over again?” he asked, barely containing his own anger.

“ Look at it however you want, Jefferson. The fact is, I’m done with you.

            “But I’m… I’m not done with you.”

            “What are you going to do? Kill me? I know you want to, but I also know you can’t.”

            “Do you?”

            “Yes. You don’t have it in you. Now, if you excuse me, I have to save my son,” Regina said with cold finality in her voice. She walked off and left Jefferson with Henry. Since he had been trapped in Wonderland, his memories had remained intact when the curse hit. However, his curse was to live in a huge mansion in Storybrooke, to have everything he ever wanted to share with his daughter, but couldn’t. Jefferson told Emma when he had her and Mary Margaret kidnapped that he couldn’t destroy the reality that his daughter was living with due to the curse. She was with some trusted neighbors, but all Jefferson could do was look at her through a long telescope.

But now, having those telescopes was starting to come in handy. He remembered Regina gloating about capturing Belle to him and how she had the upper hand against Rumpelstiltskin. He figured that Regina had Belle locked away in the mental ward when he caught her keying in a code on Valentine’s Day. Jefferson left Henry’s room and found a uniform in a storage closet. He quickly changed in the men’s room. When he got out, he heard that Henry had taken a turn for the worst. Jefferson went to the hospital cafeteria and made some tea for the head nurse in the ward. He had some of the same chemicals that he used to knock Emma out. He put in a larger dosage because he needed the head nurse to fall asleep quickly. Jefferson entered the ward and handed the tea to the nurse.

“Your tea.”

“Thank you. What’s the commotion upstairs?” the nurse asked and took a couple of sips.

“There’s a sick boy. He took a bad turn.”

“How tragic. Is there any hope for a…” she passed out.

“Recovery? Doubtful.”

Jefferson took a key ring from the desk and a coat from a coat stand. He walked down the ward and past the patient mopping the floor. He placed a finger to his lips and also passed a door with the label “S. Glass” outside of it. He turned and unlocked one of the doors. Luckily, it turned out to be Belle’s room. She was curled up on the cot, but looked up as he walked in. Jefferson held out his hand to her and helped her up.

“Come with me,” he said to her gently.

“Who are you? Why are you doing this?” she asked, confused.

“My name is Jefferson, and I need your help to do something that I can’t. There’s a man. His name is Mr. Gold. Find him. All you have to do is tell him where you’ve been, and that Regina locked you up,” he told her, slowly and steadily, keeping hold of her hand.

“Wait a minute, what?”

“It’s very important. Mr. Gold’s going to protect you, but you have to tell him Regina locked you up. He’s going to know what to do. You understand?”

“Yes, I-I have to find Mr. Gold,” she said, starting to comprehend what he wanted her to do. Jefferson escorted Belle out and pointed her towards Mr. Gold’s pawn shop. He watched her walk towards it, knowing that at least he would get some form of revenge against Regina.



© 2012 FantasyLover24601


Author's Note

FantasyLover24601
I know it's been quite a while in between updates! It's called second year of grad school. Please read and review like always and I will be hammering out another chapter tonight!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Woah! what a new chapter the events here are getting a real spin off!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 11, 2012
Last Updated on October 11, 2012


Author

FantasyLover24601
FantasyLover24601

Troy, MI



About
I love to read pretty much anything fantasy based and I also love writing a story set in that genre! I am my own worst critic when it comes to my writing, so I am hoping to get as much help as I can t.. more..

Writing