H.U.S.B.A.N.D & W.I.F.E

H.U.S.B.A.N.D & W.I.F.E

A Chapter by SweetWriter88
"

Because a Husband and Wife know that marriage is more than a signed friendship

"


The stereotypical husband and wife are best friends. They love eachother, respect one another, and grow stronger through every argument. They spend all their time together.

That’s how my life should be. Get it? Should be?

My husband is not my best friend, nor am I his. We don’t spend every waking moment together, hell we don’t have a waking moment together! I get up and get the kids ready, we’re gone by the time my husband is up for work. And by the time I get back he’s already out the door because I missed him by literally ten seconds.

Eight years ago, the married life I painted was not this. I was going to be my husband’s support, his wife, the trophy he could show off to his friends. He was going to be my rock, the person I went to for everything, the one I could be smug about because I could call him mine.

Six years ago when I got married I thought I’d have that life. And I did until the first year ended, and the only thing he wanted to do was come home from work, leave to go hang out with the guys, and then come back home and sleep.

Two years after that, we had the twins, now what little I saw of him, has shrunk down to a sixth.

Until he came up to me on my birthday saying that he’d sent the kids to his parents and that I was his for the day. I’d been so shocked that I froze, like a statue as embarrassing as it is to admit.

It had been, I don’t know how long, since I’d had a conversation with him. I’d barely seen his face! Now here he is asking me out for my birthday.

I had half-a-mind to yell at him and say; “No! I’m going back to bed to sleep. I’m tired!”

But I didn’t. Instead, I took a shower, did my hair, put on make-up, a dress, and my heels.

I spent the day with my husband, eating, site-seeing, and then finally I found myself at the one restaurant that I thought I’d never see again.

It was the place we’d met, and the place he’d dragged me out of so he could propose. This place, full of weird memories, was somewhere I thought I’d never come again. Not by myself because I couldn’t remember how to get here, and definitely not with my husband.

And the surprises didn’t stop. A cake came out with sparklers on top, catching everyone’s attention and while I stared at the cake, I didn’t notice him on one knee until people started hollering.

Now, take a moment to imagine my face. Wide eyed, gaping like a fish, all but frozen staring at my husband on bended knee like he was going to propose. Now mind you, he proposed standing up, and he rushed the words, shoving the box to me with the most embarrassed face ever.

Now, he’s just looking at me….why? I don’t know, I can’t answer the question for myself. But something tells me that I’m about to find out.

He says my name. Slowly, as though he’s enunciating it. No, more like savoring it.  He takes my hand gently, but firmly so I know that I’m not going anywhere.

He repeats my name loud enough for the restaurant to hear, and he rubs the ring on my finger. “I love you.” He says throwing me off. I don’t know what I was expecting but it was not that. “And I know I haven’t shown it much, but I do. You’ve stuck it out with me, through thick and thin, never flinching or backing down. You’ve had my back even when I haven’t had yours. You’ll never know how much that means to me. Do you remember what we said when we got married? Husband stands for “He Understand Situations Better And Never Disappears”. And wife -"

“Wife means “We’re In For Eternity”.” I smiled, tears rolling down my cheeks but I was unable to wipe them.

“That’s right. And I’ve disappeared a lot. You haven’t seen me much, but that’s about to change. I promise I’ll live up to my title, and work to be a man you can brag about. I’ll be a man fitting to walk beside you, no matter what. That’s my promise.”

I bit my lip and nodded, watching as he stood and hugged me. The sounds of cooing and; “I wish my man would do that!” were drowned out.

He made a promise to me that day and he has yet to break it. My husband is a man who understands me like no one else. He’s always around and never disappears from me or our kids. And I’m his wife. I’m with him for an eternity and then some.

And since I’ve got that, I don’t need the stereotypes on how we should be. I’ve got something far better than a signed friendship. I’ve got a H.U.S.B.A.N.D.

____

H.U.S.B.A.N.D " He Understand Situations Better And Never Disappears

W.I.F.E " We(‘re) in for Eternity.

A husband and wife aren’t bound by unrelenting friendship, they are bound by trust and love. A couple who fights and works together even when it’s tough because the hurt doesn’t stop after you sign your names. Nor do the tears cease. Because that’s what it means to be married. To fight to keep the person you love. " Julianna Knight



© 2016 SweetWriter88


Author's Note

SweetWriter88
I wrote this after seeing a poster that one of my friend's showed me. I was inspired by it and it made me really think about marriage.

This is the product of that thinking. I'm not quite sure how accurate it is though, so any thoughts on this would be helpful!

-Unedited!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

312 Views
Added on May 13, 2016
Last Updated on May 13, 2016
Tags: Husband, Wife, H.U.S.B.A.N.D, W.I.F.E, &, Romance, Best Friends, Marriage, Meaning, Care


Author

SweetWriter88
SweetWriter88

About
Hi there, I'm Jillyane, but my pen name is Julianna Knight. I'm a teen to mature writer and I usually write fantasy and really anything fiction. I joined WritersCafe because I want to branch out an.. more..

Writing