Chapter Three: The Horrors of Self-Discovery

Chapter Three: The Horrors of Self-Discovery

A Chapter by Douglas Levi Gribbins
"

This is really personal

"
October 4th, 2014
Dear Guess Who.

Been awhile, has it not? I'm sure you would be happy if my constant letters to you would become more frequent. But alas, my time and need to emotional ventilation has been decreasing with every given day, "Just cutting your wrists will save you more time than to whine on a piece of paper." I mutter to myself while eyeing a silhouette of the same butcher knife that i constantly use in my dreams, but this time, i wanted to end my own life, not somebody else's. I noticed that this time,however, I could not feel my lips moving as the suicidal symphony of words were being released, In fact, i couldn't even feel my vocal chords acting, All i could feel, is the cold chills running down my neck coming to be the frost breath of what I only know as the monster that is my Past. He is always behind me, sometimes far, sometimes so close that you can feel the vibration of his footsteps as he sneaks into my shadow and watches my every move, awaiting my most vulnerable moment.
Pathetic it is, in my opinion, that this much time has elapsed for me to finally realize who, and what, I am. I realize what i'm truly thinking of, and am casting off my fake innocence that I hide in front of my true animal self. I ask you, My one friend, was it a mask that I so cowardly hid behind? Or was it a shell that i have since escaped from and am now reborn into who I am?
Before I make my departure, I have but one more question for you, my one friend.
Do you possess the knowledge of true suffering? 

-Xavier Fox


© 2014 Douglas Levi Gribbins


Author's Note

Douglas Levi Gribbins
Ignore grammar problems, please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The butcher knife, the personified Past sneaking into the shadow, the questions being asked sorta mysteriously.. The elements used are great and catchy.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 5, 2014
Last Updated on October 5, 2014
Tags: Death, Dismemberment, Not Insurance, Personal