Chapter One: Open the Gates.

Chapter One: Open the Gates.

A Chapter by Douglas Levi Gribbins
"

Open the Gates basically means i'm letting out the monster that lurks within me, and letting it speak with a calm and steady voice.

"
Dear, Guess who.
Ever since I was 4, I welcomed you with open arms, as you are the sole being that will take me as i am now, a broken soul in a scarred shell. Inevitable in every way to everyone, you are. Being the hardhearted man i grew up to be, I've never feared you in everyday life, not even once.

When i am finally silenced and accepted into the darkness, i will remain but a memory to all that I interacted with, but strangely...I will not be a memory to most that i cared about and/or loved, for that care or love was mostly one-sided, and taken for granted.

I called upon you often, to accept me into the shadows, and let this scarred face, and this fake smile, bring lies of happiness, and my true despair, to an end, often times I see myself trying to bait you to me, by setting up a rope, or fasting for long periods of time. What stopped me from finishing, you ask? Valerie, my dear Valerie, lectured me about how my actions were foolish, and about how...i wasn't ready to meet you yet, and that it would upset her if i did.

I do love my dear Valerie, but i question what love is...maybe when we meet, you will tell me the answer?
Goodbye for now, and good luck with your travels.


© 2014 Douglas Levi Gribbins


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

there are few grammatical errors, the opening of narration is good.. lets see what you offer us in next chapter.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The narration and metaphors used are excellent, so is the little mystery about it. Amazing, four is an early age for such imagination and creation or even discovery of a second self. Death, the unrequited love, the friend as the ultimate guide- its all described so well. I speculate monster's gonna get more horrific and scary in the upcoming chapters.

Posted 9 Years Ago


i Dived into your hell if as i wished. wow what a grammatically holly hell. nice one

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 3, 2014
Last Updated on September 3, 2014
Tags: Death, Dismemberment, Not Insurance, Personal



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hot Tea Hot Tea

A Poem by NoelHC