It's Magic --- PART I - Chapter 1

It's Magic --- PART I - Chapter 1

A Chapter by Prime
"

Umm, let's begin the first part of the story.

"

It’s Magic

(My Soulmate)

 

Part 1

 

The Magical Beginning

 

Chapters 1-11

 

 

 

 Introducing:

Katherine McGraw (Kate)

Kevin Smith

Lawrence Foster

Mylene Carpenter




Chapter 1




        “I do believe that there’s always a person made to be meant for another person…” I say, smiling and holding the pendant tightly, while trying to remember the day Ron gave me this token seven years ago. Yeah, I kept this one for that long, and up until now, I’m still waiting for his return. I wonder if he had kept the yellow badge I gave him as a remembrance. And I also wonder if he still remembers me.

        “How can you be so sure about that Kate?” asks Camille, my older sister. Well, she’s only two years older than me… She’s now eighteen years old, which means that I’m sixteen.

        “Of course, I believe that my beliefs are always true.” And then we both laugh like crazy.

        I have my point, though. Because almost all of my beliefs are true, although only one of them seems to be not for real. And that belief is about Ron �" coming back in my life. But that never faded from my heart, and I will always believe in that…

        It’s not like I’m obsessed with him nor I like him, but it’s… okay, I just can’t explain it.

        It’s like, I owe him something… and it’s like I’m somewhat connected to him somehow, although I don’t know how or in what way.

        I pick a pillow beside me and started to hit Camille with that.

        “Oh, my gosh. How dare you!” she gasps while laughing and she does the same.

        It’s a pillow fight then… Pillows here, pillows there, pillows throwing everywhere!

        And it happens that I knocked her down with a bigger pillow.

        “No more, Kate. No more. I’m tired. Stop it.” she says while laughing.

        “Okay then…” and I did the last smash of pillow that sends us both laughing at ourselves.

        I put my lips together and blow, inflating my cheeks as my breath comes from open areas of my lips. This is my mannerism with myself.

        “Say, you’re going to college and you don’t know what course you will take yet…” Camille starts.

“Y- Yeah…” That reminds me, I haven’t given a thought about that lately. Well, Camille is currently taking a Business Ad course, but she told me she’d do Real Estate after she graduates.

        “So, have you thought about it?” she asks me.

        “Oh…” and just when I’m about to say “I haven’t,” a track plays from my phone, which makes me feel the magic around me… Well, it’s just my favorite song: It’s The Way You Make Me Feel �"by STEPS. It is an old song, but the quality, tone and message fits the taste of today’s teenagers, and I would say that this song never gets old.

        “Kate… Kate…”

        “Yeah, Camille..?”

“Somebody’s calling…”

        “Oh, damn.” I say as I reach for my phone in my pocket.

        And that’s when I realized that no one’s really calling. It’s my alarm ringtone. Well, my time’s not set correctly so the alarm went out randomly.

        “Oh, it’s my alarm. No one’s really calling…”

        “Alarm? This late?” she gasps and pouts.

        “Oh, never mind…” I say, rolling my eyes. “It’s a long hell of explanation…”

        “Okay,”

        Taking me back to my senses, my ear seems to be still hearing the song, like it’s playing in my head. But through that, I had thought of an answer to Camille’s question.

        “I know what course to take now…” I say, smiling.

        “What is it?” she asks.

        “A music course…”

        “What?!” she exclaims. I wonder why she did so.

        “A music course… I just figured out that music brings magic into my life…”

        “Then what’s your point?” she asks with one eyebrow raised.

        “If I could be a musical entertainer, then I may be able to share music with others… to bring magic in their lives as well!” I say, like I’m cheered. Well, it wouldn’t be hard for me, though, because not only that I can sing, I can also play guitar, drums and piano with expertise.

        “Childish, Kate.” She laughs then. “But you have a point there…”

        “I thought you had decided to settle on courses welcoming you to the world of reality; to the world of money…” she says again with a laugh.

        Well, I never did. Because I always thought about my existence in the world of music and magic, fantasy which is very far from reality, as they say… Maybe, these were influenced by watching romance movies with happily-ever-after endings; fairy tales; my belief about matters like true love and soulmates; or maybe I am just that dumb not to feel the reality around me.

        Oh well, I shouldn’t spend much time with those matters right now… What’s important is I finally made up my mind about the course I would take in college.

        Well, it’s almost late summer, and first semester in college starts at early fall, which is almost a month to go. Oh… My… Gosh!!! I’ve got one month left! Damn, I should make myself ready for college life, since as they say, it is different from high school life, which somewhat gives me a feeling that they are referring for the worse…

 

        After having fun with my sister, we told mom about it, and she was happy about me finally making up my mind about the course I’d take. Then, I went for a walk at the outskirts of the village my family lives in. The McGraw family…

After roaming around the park of our city, I went to the café just outside our village.

        Well, it’s not a high-class café and it seems like a refreshment place which serves as the rest house of coffee-lovers during morning. Well, mid-aged persons were usually the guests. Teenagers like me were seldom here, except for myself. This café is wide and big, allowing twelve wooden latte tables with four wooden seats on each table spread evenly all around the area, with enough spaces to move and one corner where the counter settles.

        I approach the girl before the counter with a smile.

        “Hi, Kate…” she says. Yeah, she knows me, and I know her, too.

        “Hello, Saab…” I greet her in return. Yeah, Saab is her name.

        She is eighteen years of age, and she is Camille’s best friend since high school, so it’s hardly impossible for me to know her, since she used to be always in the house back then. Well, she and Camille share almost the same looks. They both have amber eyes and short shoulder-length silky black hair, although Camille has longer one. In complexion, Camille has always been “the brighter” among the two of them. Even though Camille and I are sisters, we don’t look like we are. Why? Because I have craggy dark brown hair, brown eyes and fair skin… If you look at me for long, you’d notice that I have haggard face. My thin bangs almost completely cover my forehead, and the rest of my hair extends until the midst of my spine. Or has it? Well, it’s always in a single ponytail, like Saab does with hers. By the way, I have untied thin hair on the sides of my head… Well, they are shorter so they just fall until my shoulders.

        Well, with the help of Camille and me last year, she applied for a job and first got employed in a call center, but due to her increasing needs, she applied for another and landed on this café.

        By the way, I think we had already spent too much about our appearances…

        Let’s get back into the story.

        “Well, what would you like for today?” she asks.

        “Oh, two Bavarians, choco-webb doughnuts and a cup of hot milk-choco please…”

        “Sure, wait a minute…” she gasps as she types my orders on a computer beside her.

        Then, after a minute of wait, the tray with all the doughnuts on a single plate and a cup of hot milk-choco is before me.

        “There you go…” she says with high intonation. “Thanks.” I reply and smile.

        I carry the tray towards the table near the window beside the door then put the tray on the table and take my seat on one of the provided chairs. It happens that I hear a tingling sound as soon as I push myself to get a Bavarian. It’s coming from my chest. And as soon as I see the metallic side of the table, I get to a conclusion that two metals hit.

        I hold my pendant out and put it on the space on the tray, with it being connected to me through the gold necklace. Yeah, gold �" it is still a perfect gold with no signs of gash, rust or anything else, which means that the gold was pure and real! And it seems to gleam with the afternoon sunlight.

        I look outside through the clear crystal window. Much to my surprise is when I see a stranger �" Yeah, strange… He looks strange, because I am familiar with almost every faces in this city. And as I look for more “angles,” I see that his hair is brown yet lighter in some ways. I don’t notice that he is looking at me, too. So, when I get a glimpse of his smart yet sleepy-looking eyes, it reminds me of something.

I am taken aback to the park where everything started…

I was alone. But a boy with brown hair and hazel eyes came towards me, and we introduced ourselves. There I knew about his name, Ron. He then pulled the rope of the swing I’m in, and we had stridden. At first I was nervous, because it might be harmful, but he proved me wrong. We stride faster until we were sent flying onto the ground. But then we had so much yet to do. We played with other things in the park, like the slide, and the see-saw. We were playing on the revolving wheel stand, that thing where you can spin yourselves together, when a black car blew its horn at the side of the road. It was maybe Ron’s family, who took him away from me, and up until the present, he never came back yet. But before he left, he was able to leave me a remembrance, a half-moon-shaped pendant with golden necklace, and I wanted him to remember me too, so he got my personalized badge in remembrance of me. As they left, I took notice of the boy who looks exactly like Ron inside the car. And when I held the pendant out with my hand, Ron came into my thoughts, and I felt magic…

        He exactly looks like Ron… Ron! My childhood playmate, the one that I longed to meet again for seven years!

        I must’ve been making weird facial expressions as my imagination took me to my world of fantasies, that’s why he looks confused, with his eyebrows narrowing against each other.

        Then, I see a gold necklace around his chest…

        You can keep it, I have the other half anyway. I still remember him saying these as he hands the other to me.

        “Kate? Is something… up?” Saab, from the counter, takes me back to my senses.

        Well, it is then that I notice that I am already standing with both my hands pushed against the sides of the table with force…

        “I just have to get out…” I say, leaving my orders unpaid behind as I dash through the door. I’m coming back for those anyway… What matters to me now is that, I will meet Ron again. Does he still remember me? I just hope so, and I hope the pendant would help…

        But reality strikes me in the face as soon as I’ve gotten to the place where I saw him.

He's gone.



© 2013 Prime


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You mention that you feel you owe Ron something. That, lass, is called LOVE. Love can be received but it is ever so much more important to GIVE it, and don't worry about trying to understand it.

Someone once said that we are each born with one wing, and we can only fly when we find our mate as they provide the other wing. Consider then this your love and your destiny, dear Gem. :)


Posted 10 Years Ago


Prime

9 Years Ago

Great review, @dw817. Thanks anyway! =D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
1 Review
Added on December 27, 2013
Last Updated on December 27, 2013


Author

Prime
Prime

Sagay City, Region VI, Philippines



About
from Philippines ^_^ more..

Writing