It's Magic --- PART II - Chapter 17

It's Magic --- PART II - Chapter 17

A Chapter by Prime
"

Moved to a new world. Big sis and li'l bro. . .

"

Chapter 17

 

        The time passes by quickly, that it’s the fifteenth day of shooting, which is six days away from going home! Well, I already miss Camille, mom and other people from home…

        We finished shooting all the necessary scenes to be shot in Paris since the twelfth day, and it was successful. All were reviewed and there were no more need for re-enactment or re-shoot or whatsoever that speaks of repetition. So we moved here in Amsterdam a day after.

        Here in Amsterdam, there are only a few scenes left to be shot, the major ones were the Christmas Party scenes, Promenade scenes and the ending of course. Well, these are the scenes in which Mylene, Hannah and I have more heated up fights. Well, the cat-fights done during the filming period in Paris were just minor ones �" scratches, face-slaps, hair-pulls. And truth be told, I just LOVE doing those wild scenes especially when I have to do it against Mylene. How much more about now that the major violent and wild scenes take part?

        Well one time, a hair-pull scene got very personal and too violent between me and Mylene that the scene had to be delayed until the next day for us to relax, but the director and production manager had to reprimand us from going farther beyond the script.

        When we were asked if there were any problems, we both denied of course, and I “justified” it by acting friendly as if nothing’s wrong. Best actress.

        Hannah and Travis had been pretty good together �" they look good together. And I also can’t deny that when we’re all paired up for pictorials, Lawrence and I look good together, too.

        Well, the scenes of Hannah and Travis as Marie and Luke were already so cheesy in Paris, and the scenes of Lawrence and me were not so cheesy yet, it is yet to be here in Amsterdam. But I observed that Lawrence and my sub-love-story is like the Kevin-Kate love story, I guess. Because Lawrence’s character, Tyrone is so understanding and so like Kevin when it comes to sweetness that I almost thought that he was really serious. Well, he is a very good actor to make me almost believe and get carried away.

        Well, me and Kevin has gotten pretty better as well. And he becomes sweeter and sweeter as days pass by that sometimes, if it’s not wrong, I could give meanings to whatever he does. But I have to understand that he is really that �" sweet, childish, lovely and whatever else. He still keeps Mylene company sometimes, and I guess he still doesn’t know about Mylene’s feelings for him.

        Sometimes, I also get jealous and truth be told, it does hurt inside. But I just think of that night when he told me that I’m the most beautiful girl for him as a countermeasure.

        As I’ve said, today is the fifteenth day of shooting in Amsterdam, and today we really held a real party in a classy hotel, and there are about fifty classy citizens of Amsterdam exclusively invited to be background characters as we’ll shoot the Christmas Party scenes.

        Well, in these scenes, most of my feature is outside the building as there are some scenes in which I negotiate with the gangsters.

        Remember the part in which my character, Diana, negotiates with the gangsters to do Hannah’s character, Marie, violence? Well, this is it. This is really, really it!

 

        “Calling on the characters of Luke and Marie, please come here in front, and the characters of Diana and the gangsters, please proceed to your designated place.”

        Oh, the assistant director calls out.

        “Okay, give me a couple of minutes, please!” I response with a smile…

        I fix my hair in my character’s hairstyle which is the contravida-type then I go to our designated place which is just outside the building.

        What I wear now, is a dark purple long gown, designed and made by an Irish designer which suits me as an antagonist with a dark personality. My make-up artist also tended me well, as she just puts a light foundation on my face, black eyeliners and light purple lipstick. This is not an ideal look of a contravida, I know, but I just love it. Well, it depends on how the wearer handles it, right?

        As I walk outside the sliding panel, Kevin passes by smiling and then holds my arm to stop me. By the way, Kevin is in his formal attire �" red long-sleeve with white ribbon as tie, black chalice-like overcoat and black pants. This is a formal party, so everybody wears formal attire, even the characters of gangsters.

        “This is the scene where you prove yourself to be a real antagonist, Kate.” He says with a smile. “Act well and good luck!”

        “I will.” I response, smiling at him as well… “Thank you.”

        And then he hugs me… which I think is unnecessary, oh well. I just hug him back. And it’s quite a while before I realize that I have to go, since holding each other’s arms feels magical.

        “Oh, I have to go, Kevin…” I say.

        “Okay.” He says, and the sweet smile is still on his face, and I walk outside.

        I know that our actions have been going beyond the borders of our friendship, yet I should just let it be right now. Well, I know that one day I will have to ask him if any of those counts into the kind that I am thinking of, but not now �" soon, maybe.

        I look at the other sliding panel, and Lawrence is there, smiling at me. He must’ve seen me and Kevin. I also counter with a smile and a wave.

 

        The shoot went well, all were just done in take one. And the scene that I love the most is which that Luke saves Marie from the harm in the hands of the gangsters. I keep on smiling, giggling to be exact, because I am carried away.

        I know that I’m a dry-cold type of a person, but I admit that sometimes, it really happens that I react to such cheesy situations in a common or particular way.

        The party is ended at almost twelve in the midnight and the background characters are dismissed right after. That leaves the production crew, and the stars (except the characters of gangsters) to sleep the night over here in the hotel, like what we used to do in the early shooting period in Paris.

        I don’t feel like sleeping yet, so I sneak out of my suite, in my pajamas and evening blouse, outside the sliding panels of the hotel and into the dimly-lit meadows. I find a big tree, which I will lie on. Well, big hard trees feel more comforting than soft beds. I clear it from dry leaves and dust around using my hands then I lean my back against it, head slightly tilted upwards. This position reminds me of what my position used to be when I lay against trees, mostly with Kevin beside me.

        The cool breeze of the evening soothes through my clothes that the cold metallic pendant that Ron gave me years ago radiate its coldness.

        I draw it out and make it shine under the moonlight, and then think…

        Where is Ron now? How is he doing? Is he still going to come back for me?

        And I know that those thoughts are crazy things. Why should I keep on hoping for him to come back? Here’s Kevin, real and always beside me. So why should I keep on thinking and hoping for someone whom I don’t even know if he even exists?

        But a promise is always a promise.

        I’m leaving. But promise �" we’ll meet again.

        I will come back. And I’m very sure that we’ll meet again.

        I still clearly remember those words, Ron. But where are you now?

        I close my eyes then clear my thoughts as I put the pendant back behind my clothes.

        And later on, someone also sits beside me, and puts his jacket over me. He then wraps his arm around mine, and his head drops on my shoulder. This familiar aura is never a failure to my guess.

        “Kevin…” I gasp.

        “I can’t sleep.” He says. “Why are you here anyway, Kate?”

        “Same reason.” I say. And an idea comes up in my mind. “Sing for me, li’l bro…”

        He laughs a little then. “Sing? No, I won’t…”

        “Please?” I say, and my arm also wraps tighter against his as an embrace.

        “Well, I don’t think I have a good voice.” He says.

        “No, I told you once that you have a magical voice, Kevin.” I say, then pinch his nose.

        “Ouch.” He complains. “Well, what song would you like me to sing, anyway?”

        “Anything to make us fall asleep…” and fall in love. But I can’t voice out my thoughts.

        “Oh, but please don’t laugh at me, okay?” He says while chuckling. “Well, there’s this song that I really, really like since I was a child, as mom used to sing this to me to sleep. It’s a pretty old song, I know. But please don’t laugh at me if I’d sound terrible, okay?”

        “Okay.” I say.

        He then raises his head and, with his other hand, he makes my head lean on his shoulder and he combs my hair with that hand’s finger. And his face is so near, that his sharp nose is almost touching mine, and then he sings in a sweet, sing-song, sleepy voice.

 

        Time, I’ve been passing time watching trains go by

          All of my life, lying on the sand, watching seabirds fly,

          Wishing there would be someone waiting home for me

          Something’s telling me it might be you �" it’s telling me it might be you, all of my life…

 

        Hearing this song, “It Might Be You,” plus that he keeps on fondling my hair and his nose is almost touching mine, his face very near mine is so sweet and romantic. And crazy is not just quite a term to describe the race of my heartbeat. The thought makes me smile.

 

        Looking back as lovers go walking past

          All of my life, wondering how they met and what makes it last,

          If I found the place, would I recognize the face?

          Something’s telling me it might be you…

 

        And there he goes, his other arm’s hand wrapped around my arm makes its way down to my arm’s hand, and the warmth indicating that the spaces between my fingers are filled with his fingers takes over.


          It’s telling me it might be you, all of my life…

 

          So many quiet walks to take, so many dreams to wake

          And there’s so much love to make,

          I think we’re gonna need some time, maybe all we need is time…

          And it’s telling me it might be you, all of my life…

 

          I’ve been saving love songs and lullabies

          And there’s so much more no one’s ever heard before,

          Something’s telling me it might be you

          Yeah, it’s telling me it must he you…

 

          And I’m feelin’ it will just be you, all of my life…

          It’s you, it’s you �" I’ve been waiting for, all of my life…

          Maybe it’s you, it’s you �" I’ve been waiting for, all of my life…

          Maybe it’s you, maybe it’s you �" I’ve been waiting for, all of my life…

 

        And through the silence that follows, we just stare at each other eye-to-eye, my tears almost falling of happiness. It may seem to be overreacting to you, but that’s how I really feel right now.

        “Was that enough? I did sing…” He asks politely-toned.

        “That was more than enough, Kevin.” I answer with a lip smile.

        “Really?” He says as his other hand reaches for the back of his neck and seems to scratch it, since his other hand linked with mine is firm and indestructible as if he doesn’t have any plans to let go.

        Well, I can’t seem to answer verbally, that something just motivated me to grab and hug him with my free arm for long.

        As I break from the hug, I tell him, “You can make any girl fall in love with you, Kevin.”

        “Really?” He asks, amusingly, but in a childish way. And his follow-up question really shocked me that I’m immediately rendered speechless, “Even you? Do you think I can make you fall in love with me, Kate?”

        My mind answers, I think I already did. But my mouth says, “I don’t know. Maybe?”

        Then he smiles brightly as he states, “Of course I couldn’t. Because we’re brother and sister, right?” and this follow-up statement seems to break my heart.

        But as I always do, I cover-up by stating, “Yeah…”

        A little while of silence pass by as I look the other way then he yawns. “Well, good night, sweet dreams and sleep tight, Kate. I’m now sleepy.”

        “Oh, good night, too. Sweet dreams and sleep tight, Kevin.” I response, still not able to face him…

        But his free hand gently holds my face to turn it towards him then he gently kisses the spot between my nose and my eyes so I have to close my eyes, and as he plants another kiss on my forehead, he whispers, “I love you, big sis.”

        I don’t want to be unfair with him, nor be so obvious, so I also counter with, “I love you, too…” but my voice cracks when I say, “li’l bro…”

        I immediately go back to my previous position, my back leaning against the tree and my head slightly tilted upwards. Then I gently let his head drop on my shoulder, not breaking any connection with our hands holding linked by our fingers.

        He first falls asleep, and when I’m about to doze off as well, I know I felt magic.



© 2013 Prime


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on December 27, 2013
Last Updated on December 27, 2013


Author

Prime
Prime

Sagay City, Region VI, Philippines



About
from Philippines ^_^ more..

Writing