Chapter three: Origins

Chapter three: Origins

A Chapter by Frozen-Inferno
"

Dante and Lecs finally have a chance to get acquainted.

"
A long silence was left in between me and Lecs. It was almost as if behind the shade of his hood he was wondering what he should say to a future serial killer such as myself. In this silence I was left to notice that a crowd was gathering and think about all that has went on in these three months. I can't recall every detail since I left home but I have indeed felt more free then in my entire life. If only I had know that this power laid dormant inside of me sooner. I could have stayed at home and did a few other things. They were lazy ideals such as fixing myself some food from the living room couch or locking my door at night from the comfort of my bed. Doing magic tricks to surprise others and make my old peers idolize me as a magician. Maybe then my life would've been bearable at home. I'd rather have a place to call home then do whatever it was Lecs wanted me to do. I may have left home on my own instinct but I didn't know that I would end up even lonelier then I was stuck at home. I got myself into this mess though. I wanted to leave home to find something and go where. What I was looking for and where I was going I still had yet to answer myself. 
This silence was almost choking to me. Between me and Lecs that is. This crowd around us seemed to have all the conversation in the world. All the "who","what" and when's flying around were vaguely chasing away the silence. But me and Lecs needed to at least speak. My voice was low at first because of the previous thoughts that were running through my mind.  " So...." I hesitate a little to gather my thoughts. My sentence starts over on a stronger note. " So this disaster. What does it have to do with me?" For the billionth time I ask a direct question and the answer I get was something to sort of change the subject. My irritation was building. " We should take our business else where. Follow me."  For the first time since we met Lecs' raspy voice was almost nervous. It was above that flat tone he maintained earlier when showing me to the other Monachus. The tall man turned his back to me and began to power walk towards the make-shift fence of people I saw as the crowd. They stepped out of his way to allow him through. Quickly I followed suit through the same opening these hooded men made, watching as Lecs pulled the gate of bushes out of his way manually this time. I mimicked his every move as we went deeper and deeper into the forest. 
This forestry was beginning to get thick and I was starting to feel that awkward silence again. My tone was naturally angered because of the fact Lecs has been acting like I'm some blind five year old you can lead around aimlessly. " Are you even going to tell me what exactly is going on?" As nice as that was worded it didn't sound nice. My tone was deep and halfway to rage. And there he was again just ignoring me as if I was some young kid he could refuse answers to. I didn't owe him anything. He may have saved my life but I was ready to die. I didn't ask for help. This pattern was enough to make me stop and plant my feet. To complete my stance I pointed at him and spat my words towards him as boldly as I could." Answer me old man! If you don't I will leave right now. If I don't listen to you then this 'disaster' you're so afraid of will come to pass." I gave him an ultimatum. Either he tell me so that I could wrap my head around the situation or I leave and do things on my own. With my newly discovered powers of course. It was enough to make him stop and begin to speak to me. "Me and you are not too different. We both have the gift of Telekinesis. My fellow Monachus and I caught wind of the plan and needed to unlock your full potential." There was no way in hell I was going to let him stop there. He needed to answer for everything going on. Not just what made them take interest in him.
Although my arm fell by my side I still had to remain bold to crack this shell Lecs had put around everything he didn't want to tell me. " I want to hear it all. Unless you want me to leave." Apparently being bold for once finally worked out for me. This was enough to make him turn his full attention towards me. Looks like it was story time. I was able to focus whenever I wanted to so this story shouldn't be enough to bore me. That is if it's interesting. " This is no laughing matter, boy. The plan is not just some pyramid scheme. It's a prediction directly from 'him'. The Destroyer himself told me about his so called plan. The creator of destruction and the very essence of evil itself. He's the one who created disease to narrow our population. War is another one of his most famous creations. The Black Plague was his doing. Any war in history was his will. But unfortunately for him these didn't very much succeed in destroying the human race. We aren't yet reduced to a burning wasteland so he is not satisfied." Lecs' tone was no longer light and nervous. He was more of serious. Serious, maybe even angry or irritated. I was amazed now! This was like some bed time story I wanted to hear a million times. I always knew there was some power Creator watching over us but I never knew there was some entity whom was the polar opposite. Which just happens to be a man. This story astonished me so much! But my face couldn't reflect that. If it were up to Lecs I wouldn't know any of this. So I had to remain bold and make him tell me more.
"Keep going. I wanna know it all." My face remained as flat as possible but I couldn't but feel as if I was subconsciously cracking a smile at these events. With a sigh, Lecs continued his story. His tone was now revealing just how reluctant he was feeling in doing so. " He wants to unleash his wrath on the world and bring humanity to it's knees. He's attempting to do this through his 'children'. The man in question is known as Disperdere. He's that evil side of your conscious. The side of you that enjoyed killing the DNA-hound from earlier. He is too power to dwell physically in this world which leaves him with only being able to add and influence it from the outside. This world is perfect for him to create his own. That's why he wants humanity wiped out so that he may mold it in his own image. Some people didn't know of his plan but knew he was the one behind the creation of war. And they loved him for it. Either they worship him or they join the very federation helping put his plan in motion called Exterminatore." I had one question. I wasn't as bold since it wasn't required. He was talking now and I didn't have to force him to speak anymore. " What do I have to do with all of this?" Obviously this disaster Lecs was going on about was the plan Disperdere had for this world. Which somehow revolved around what I could do I suppose. " Disperdere has had 'children' as some may call them. Simply known as the Children of Disperdere. Exterminatore made sure you were born and brought into this world but he was the one who made you. He gave you the power you posses. Supposedly what you hold is uncontrollable but you should at least learn how to use it. Anyone involved with Exterminatore was marked. You weren't since Disperdere's plan has not been yet set in motion." 
So if anyone involved knows the plan does that mean that Lecs used to be apart of this large scary federation? I had to know!" I'm assuming you used to be affiliated with them?" My arms were now crossed in an expectant way. My question was not only heard by him but it hit him. Finally his old decrepit hands were revealed as they slid out of his robe and reached up to the mouth of his hood. He gripped it and pulled it back. His face was indeed showing age in that silver tied up hair, beard, soul-less silver eyes and. That.Tattoo. That was no normal tattoo! It didn't look painted on. It was almost as if something or someone burned it onto his skin. The shape was indescribable since I couldn't grasp it. And it even continued down lower into the covered regions of his robe. My jaw dropped and eyes widened in surprise. It looked like it belonged to something bigger. Like a missing piece of a puzzle. He had the chance to continue talking now uninterrupted. " I was indeed apart of Exterminatore but I came to my senses and defected. Indeed they're looking for me but I am easily able to take whatever they throw at me." If he used to be one of the willing minions of this so called pure evil entity hell bent on destroying the world then why was he attempting to help me? " What made you want to suddenly save the world?" My head tilted to the side. I could tell by the way his eyebrows scrunched and his lips hung open for a second that he had to dig deep for this next answer. Had I struck a nerve with him? " My wife and child inhabit this world. That is reason enough." A wife and child? My nosiness will get the best of me eventually." Where are they now?" Silence dawned over us once again as his mouth fell into a frown. His eye brows returned to their normal position as his pupils panned off to the side. 
" I get it. Too personal." Speaking of personal. If Lecs was man enough to get at least the tiny bit personal then maybe I should go ahead and let him know how one of 'Disperdere's children' were raised in this world. I cleared my throat to obtain his attention and then I began my rambling. This would grind against my very composure. I refused to cry in front of Lecs." Being apart of the supposed apocalypse gives my life more meaning then I've ever experienced. I know that sounds weird, to be happy to be apart of the end, but my life has been stuck in park for a long time. I hate my life because of everything that went on at him but I left home so I could better it. And here I am, being told I'm the spawn of the Destroyer pretty much. School wasn't good for me either. It's not like I couldn't do the work I just didn't see the point nor have the will. I did just enough to get by. And friends? Forget it. I learned just how shallow minded my friends were in High school before I left. Plus my mom did a good job of making me feel like I'm from hell. She would blame all of our troubles on me and constantly remind me of how much more money she'd have if I wasn't born. I was beaten and told I was worthless. I grew up thinking the opposite though. I'm a stubborn person. Eventually she lost her job somehow and we ended up living with my grandmother. He pride was broken and she turned to alcohol. The assaults got worse. What could I do though? Hit her back? She was my mom. I trusted her and loved her because of instinct. I won't lie I did love her regardless of what she did. One night. The night before I left home, she was going through the list of reasons I don't deserve to be on this earth. Woe is me because she thought I wasn't listening so she hit me. And hit me. And hit me. It turned into another beating from which I didn't yell,flail, or even flinch since I was used to the Seventeen years of abuse by now. She decided to pick up something this time. A vase. She broke it off my head and her downward swing with it left a few cuts on my face. Then, she went on to bash my head with a spare pad lock."
I could tell my story was slowly changing Lecs' first impression of me. I know I came off as a cocky,smug, psychotic kid who was made to destroy the world but that's not who I am. The only thing true in that statement was that I was made to destroy the world. I'm not cocky in any context of the world. Getting ready to continue my story Lecs brought up a question of his own. " You said the night before you left home. How did your mother react to your decision?" I laughed. How did she react? I'll let him know how she reacted!" React? She didn't get a chance to react. She's dead. She died in some bar fight apparently. I woke up to my Grandmother tending to the wounds she left me with. Although she could help disinfect and heal the physical wounds my mom inflicted upon me, she couldn't even hope to mend the emotional scars I was left with. I mean, I know I mentioned how stubborn I was but things hurt. Hearing you're worthless from your mom, the one person who's supposed to love and care for you, was heavy. And I carried that with me to school, it sat on me at home, and I guess it's leaving me now. Thanks for listening." I let out a sigh of relief. It was good to finally tell someone who knew I was okay growing up the way I did and who wasn't ready to call Child services. Lecs' mouth actually curled into a smile as he stepped closer to me. Then, he placed a hand upon my shoulder again, speaking sincerely. " I think me and you are gonna get along juuuust fine." Since he sort of shot me down earlier maybe I should do the same to him! " You sound like a pedophile." His face immediately flatted to match the shift in moods I just caused. Getting him back for his comment earlier was worth though I had to admit. 
He even took his hand off my shoulder. So, I decided to turn and head back for that village. The smell of the food was beginning to drive me crazy. I must eat! Until I heard.....crackling? I turned my gaze towards the ground to notice some flames. The flames looked as if they were alive. As if they had a mind of their own. Something was being formed by these flames.


© 2013 Frozen-Inferno


Author's Note

Frozen-Inferno
Here is where I saw a spike in my writing when I sat down and thought about it instead of free styling everything.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on July 17, 2013
Last Updated on July 17, 2013


Author

Frozen-Inferno
Frozen-Inferno

That one town, TX



About
I'm an amateur writer just here to share and improve my writing. I'm in the middle of writing a novel and I decided to post individual chapters as I complete here online. Any criticism is welcome. .. more..

Writing