Thoughts

Thoughts

A Chapter by HumanHotTopic
"

An interaction between Eleanor and the shadow creature, whom I have named Orville.

"
Eleanor woke up in a cold sweat, icy tendrils slowly crawling along her back.
"was it all a dream?" She asked the inky darkness surrounding her shivering frame.
"Nah, I'm still right here. get used to sleep deprivation, 'cause we're staying up all night!" 
Before Eleanor had time to process what the shadow creature had said, she was overtaken by a searing pain, and she slowly drifted to a dreamscape of fluffy jet black clouds over a vermillion sky.

While the scene would have looked intimidating to most, Eleanor found it comforting. She sailed along, forgetting her troubles while scrolling through memories, not a care in the world. Then a thought edged its way through the serene nothingness, reminding Eleanor where she was and what had happened.
"HEY!" cried an infuriated Eleanor. "WHAT DID YOU TAKE ME FOR YOU DISGUSTING BEAST!?"
This was not her finest moment, yelling at a creature that could likely smite her.
"I didn't take you at all. Kid, this is your mind, so you had better get used to it," The creature's voice was eerily calm, deep and gravelly, yet soothing.
"Who are you anyway?" asked a now lulled Eleanor.
"Well, I would be Orville. Does that answer your question, Eleanor?"
Now satisfied, Eleanor let herself drift back into memories, soon diving into a deep sleep.


© 2022 HumanHotTopic


Author's Note

HumanHotTopic
Sorry that it's so short, my motivation has been running low lately. This was one of the few times I've had any for a while.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on April 9, 2022
Last Updated on April 9, 2022
Tags: fantasy, supernatural, spirits


Author

HumanHotTopic
HumanHotTopic

Tecumseh, MI



About
Hello! I'm Glitch. I use any pronouns, but They/Them are preferred. I'm just a weirdo messing around who wants to have fun and help. more..

Writing