The Golden Plow : The Plight of the Farmer

The Golden Plow : The Plight of the Farmer

A Chapter by Mati
"

A book written by a middle class farmer to incite a universal farmers revolt across the Lower Langueduc.

"
History
The Golden Plow: The Plight of the Farmer was written by Andre Meri Fonde. A farmer who gained prominence during the early years of Londumburg's dying Republic. He became one of the richest men in the whole of Londumburg until the State seized his property and he fell into poverty. During the time of his fall from wealth he began to seriously question the methods of the State and what he called "the plight of the farmer." He suggested that the farmer was a slave whose toil of the land was not his own and that it belonged to the State. He went as far to suggest that all workers of trade were also in bondage but that the farmer faced the truest form, for he supplied the most basic neccessity...food. It is a poetic fictional story of the farmers struggle. Andre begins the book with the end of a bloody revolt by the farmers, who then form a farming utopian society where the toil of the farmer was distibutred amoungst the whole community equally without the distinction of class division. Andre purposefully made the stoey short so that farmers could memorize it and preach its message to those who worked in the fields in hope to incite a great farmers revolt. The book was immediatly banned and placed in the Hereticus Scriptorum by the Avalin Church. As it was seen as a serious threat to the current prevailing system of governance. All copies distributed outside the City-State of Londumburg was confiscated and burned. Several farming villages began a few unorganized insurrections but were quickly and easily crushed by the Church and her Agents. Their leaders were burned at the stake while hundreds were imprisioned or tortured. Andre himself was imprisioned by the Lord Archbishop Vladislas Valasko during his first few years as Grand Inquisitor. Soon after his imprisionment he was quartered. 
Spoiler Rating 5: Andre is the grandfather of the King-Elect Lord Albus. 
The Golden Plow
The fire in the sky reigned down its flames upon the earth toilers, who felt the soil and the blood of nobles between their fingers. Too long had they lived in chains. What first their labour should have been joy. Their pain their great gain but the fruits of their labor were never their own but those who lifted not a finger or knew the pain of it. The great revolt of the earth toilers. But alas no more, the plight of the farmer was near an end. 
Together they came entwined in a single vision, a land free from the noble's lash and the lies of the coin fed. Collectively they stood tall above the fine-clothed palees* who now laid dead at their naked feet. Their blood mixed with the earth as they the farmers had already known. The wheel was broken as were the bones of the earth toilers and their sons. Now was the time of the Golden Plow and the Great Harvest. The land was now theirs and the cornicopia to come.  The plight of the farmer was at an end. 
Together now they formed the Agrarius that great spoken creed where all toilers of the earth were now the speakers of the earth. They spoke to the soil their mother, the plow their brother, the wheat their sisters. With hands joined they danced and singed in the field as they sowed the seed for the Great Harvest. They slept in their hearths without the fear of hunger that great enamy of the people. First it came of natural causes as the way of natures doing but soon became the device of greedy men. But again no more the plight of the farmer had come to an end. 
With the earthly charter renewed the toilers of the earth were one. The fruits their own and for all and the same was their labour. The fire in the sky reigned down its flames upon the earth toilers. Lifes struggle was nautres own and not mans making, rejoice my brothers and sisters for the plight of the farmer had finally come to an end. 
*Palees (Pale-ez): Those who did not work in the sun. (Nobles/Merchant Class)


© 2015 Mati


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on September 23, 2015
Last Updated on September 23, 2015


Author

Mati
Mati

Eugene, OR



About
I love to read and I love to write. I normally read non-fiction but as of late I have developed a great love for fiction. Particularly the classics. I wanted to write non-fiction more specifically phi.. more..

Writing
Zeus of Olympus Zeus of Olympus

A Story by Mati


The Alchemist The Alchemist

A Story by Mati