Holding Back

Holding Back

A Chapter by GoldenNotes
"

"This, this right here is what is holding me back Luke, this human is the reason I cant let go. The real question is do I really want to?"

"
All day, all night, and then all day again. Everything we said to one another came as naturally as breathing or as crying is to a baby. We went together like peanut butter and jelly (even if that is gross). I closed my eyes that night and dreamed about this green eyed prince. His curly brown hair, perfect, his sweet gentle slime, even more perfect, his deep green eyes,even more perfect. My alarm sirens blare to wake me up the next morning and the first thing i do is check my phone. "Good morning Ms.Genesis I hope you slept well." I slide the text open and reply immediately.  Well good morning Mr. Luke, I did a mater of fact and i hope for the same for you. He relies almost immediately with a perky smiley face. "Would you like to grab a cup of coffee we can just hang out if you'd like?" The text sets me a straight when i then look at the calendar its Saturday. I'm sorry I actually have something to do today Luke maybe another time. I get up and get dressed rather fast and brush my hair into a fishtail braid to the side of my head. How could i have forgotten, I haven't missed a day in 2 years. I hop in my car as fast as I could. I walk up to the engraved stone that lies so peacefully in the shade of the huge tree hovering over it. I stood there like I do every Saturday. 30 minutes went by then an hour then another 30 minutes until i was there for about 2 hours. I touch Tyler's gravestone lightly as I reminisce. "Hey its me again, Blair. Yup i talk to his grave leave me be. I heard footsteps coming up behind me. I spun around right into the warm embrace of an extremely tall person (i'm pretty short) "oh my gosh i'm so sorry" The scent of pure happiness fills my nose as i take a sniff of his cologne. I look up and find an all to familiar smile. "Blair?" Then its the eyes, the same eyes i have dreamed about to many times to count. "Luke? What are you doing here." I finally realize that in this very moment I am tucked into his arms and being held as if i was his own. "I, Um, yeah." He scratched the back of his head and looked to his left, still holding onto me. In this moment I realize the crowd of people leaving all dressed in black to the left farther down the hill. I look up and I am met with those emerald green eyes. "I'm sorry Luke," he smiles but it is empty. "It was some old friends that didn't really get lucky in their 20's" His eyes red but still gorgeous. "Why are you here" I look over at Tyler's grave and tears spring to my eyes. Within seconds i'm crying, it hurts but it hurts a little less standing in someones arms. He strokes my head ever so gently. "This, this right here is what is holding me back Luke, this human is the reason I cant let go. The real question is do I really want to." He hugs me tighter and I feel safe in his embrace. "Who was he Blair" Everything went quiet as i think of words but soon they all come rushing out. "He was the love of my life."


© 2017 GoldenNotes


Author's Note

GoldenNotes
Ok Chapter five guys. I know its not that good It took me a while to figure out what was going to happen but I promise the next chapter will be better.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This chapter seemed a bit rushed, and I felt like way too much character development happened in one chapter... love where this is going though!

Posted 6 Years Ago


GoldenNotes

6 Years Ago

Yes I agree it took me a while to write because I was having a hard time but i promise the next one .. read more
SilverInk

6 Years Ago

Kay... I'm looking forward to it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
1 Review
Added on December 9, 2017
Last Updated on December 9, 2017


Author

GoldenNotes
GoldenNotes

New York, NY



Writing
sdwad sdwad

A Book by GoldenNotes


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by GoldenNotes