Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Grayciey

On the day of the memorial, the service went really well. Then at her graveside we planted flowers. After my father planted his flowers he was nowhere to be seen.
During the time when my mothers workmates were planting their flowers, there were gunshots. Instantly the 6 of them including the then governor of our city who served in the army with my mother died on the spot with fine sniper shots to their heads. They were old and out of shape instead of running after the first shot they lay down. It was a blood bath.
I just held Ryan so tight and shielded him. I had no idea what had happened.

I never saw my father again. He must have used the subway routes to gey away because the police looked for him all over. The next day all newspapers featured the conspiracy of the army as those boxes he had mailed went to the different media houses.
The story was that my mother knew about the embezzlement that was going on in the army and went further to even describe treason by the 6 army officials who sold Graceville's secrets of war strategies to other foreign warring nations which led to thousands of deaths of military men during the Citrian war.
Which set Graceville's economy back as these 6 men became richer and richer.
My mother was going to out them. She was fearless. The only way they could get to her was through me, the distraction gun shot that later led to her death.

The articles explained why my father did what he had to do and this caused alot of media craze. Every radio and tv station was talking about it. Millions supported my fathers actions because the law had failed to see, arrest, prosecute and sentence these murderering and treacherous men who were now the ones ruling Graceville and thus untouchable.
And since justice delayed is justice denied, my father had to take things into his own hands. The evidence he presented was very real and convincing. Even evidence of charters signed by these men with the foreign nations. It also included receipts of purchase of the same caliber guns that were used to shot me and my mother.

They called him a star, a fearless hero, the hope of our nation, the avenger!!

I was proud. But i missed him greatly. After a while the press stopped coming to our house. The police stopped asking questions. Nobody really want him to get caught. Thus investigations on finding his whereabouts stopped after 6 months.

I received a postcard. It was written, "Princess, now i can live again, i took my first breath after 20 years.
Am alive! I love you always and forever."

I cried soo much. I missed him so but at the same time i was happy! Happy after a long time of always blaming myself. I took my first breath on that very day. Life had began.


© 2014 Grayciey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on January 2, 2014
Last Updated on January 2, 2014


Author

Grayciey
Grayciey

Nairobi, Kenya



About
I am a versatile and sublime writer I am everything under the sun! I am a road sign, the north star! Enjoy.... more..

Writing
bRoKeN bRoKeN

A Poem by Grayciey


AGAPE LOVE... AGAPE LOVE...

A Story by Grayciey