Chapter 5: Outside

Chapter 5: Outside

A Chapter by Grey Ezra

CHAPTER V

OUTSIDE

The five walk outside and look around, and find wooden buildings with a straw covering the roofs, most had a second layer on top of them, making the building quite tall in their perception. “Look out for illusions they appear there, but there really in your mind perspective. Even though we can only see one plane at once, there are ways to…distort this. Mostly magic but some things just naturally break this, like illusions."

"Hey, you talked about illusions yesterday." Rainbow Arze remarked, proud of himself.

Tiki Bison giggled in glee how the child noticed what he has done, "Special beings are like illusions and may show themselves to only people they choose. Though in mental or spiritual realm they will be spotted."

"How to you travel to different realms?" Grey Ezra asked

Tiki Bison suspected they would ask this so he flew his small floating body close and told quietly, "Its called the 'Transcendency'. That is the place between the realms. Its more of a fugitive place, but legend said that’s the place was a place that was before the beginning and after the end.”

The kids marveled in awe as the bison describes this legendary place. “What's it like?” asked all the kids in unison. 

“it appears two ways. When existence is in a “positive” state it looks like a bluish gray fog, and in a “negative” state it appears as a orangish brown fog. 

"How do you know about this place?" White Ezra asked.

"The Master told me. We'll talk about this later when he is with us." the bison said, "NOW LET US EXPLORE!" he sang cheerfully as he spiraled up in the sky.

The kids followed the bison through many allies littered with remains of objects lost and forgotten. I mean seriously there was garbage all throughout these allys, invested with rats, disease and bugs. But, they followed until they arrived in a clearing with many wooden stall with straw roofing and had stone tables, chairs, and benches; for most things sold here were food and needed a place to eat. They saw many people. There were people in interesting outfits selling an assortment of goods. The ground was a beige due to no rain in some time

"This is the market. Its where people sell and purchase goods," he hovered up to a slender man behind a stall wearing a green hat with a light green, cubic sea coming from the edge. He wore a matching cloak with the same pattern on his sleeves and by his feet, which looked big on him. He had black hair and had a few wrinkles. He also had a pointed black beard that went to his bottom lip and went down and around to the side of his lips. His sandals held his heel and isolated his big toe from the others. "This is Gary, Gary the fruit salesman."

"Hey, its Tiki Bison." His voice was scratchy and rugged. "You come for an apple again, No? Well I got one saved for you right here." He pulls out a orange apple, do to it being a hybrid of a yellow and red apple.

Tiki Bison waves his hand and a purple portal opens, he pulls out a gold coin and puts it in Gary's hand. He then puts the apple on his back, which he is almost the same size of, and says, "Thanks Gary, you’re the best."

"Hey, any time buffalo." Gary says and puts the coin under the counter of his stall.

"I like Gary," He said cheerfully as he blushes a little and walks in air to a table where the kids follow. He lands sets the apple on the table, his eyes become wide when he sees the children, "Oh, I'm sorry. Here, take these." He opens a portal again and halfway crawls in and pulls four coins out, "You should get some food too. Maybe get to know some people as you do so." 

So the kids took the coins and strolled amongst the shopkeepers shouting about their product. They walk up to a man named John in a brown leather cap and matching short sleeved shirt and pants. He was a baker of basic breads and biscuits. "Thank you, come again." said John the baker. The man smiles as he watches the children walk away with a small look of gratitude.

The children sit on stone benches and place there bread on table. They watched as the bison mask puffed up where his cheeks would be, filled with apple. As the bison continued to rotate his face in a chewing motion, he pressed his face up the apple and heard the bison munching away at the apple while small pieces fled the scene. He paused, looked at the kids who were giving blanks stares at both him and the bread. "Well go on, it's safe." 

The children stared at the bread for a few more seconds. Rainbow Arze takes the first bite in the piece they got from the baker, John. "It's...good, reminds me of…"      

"Don’t say it," Grey Ezra shouts as he raises his hand toward his brother, then finishes with head down, "…not yet anyway… it's still too early."

Tiki Bison understood there sorrows. He thought for a while of what they should do next. 



© 2016 Grey Ezra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on January 21, 2016
Last Updated on January 21, 2016


Author

Grey Ezra
Grey Ezra

About
Joined to get advice and feedback for a book I'm working on and would like to meet new people. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Grey Ezra