Chapter 12: Pit fight

Chapter 12: Pit fight

A Chapter by Grey Ezra

CHAPTER XII

PIT FIGHT

My nice announcer voice came on the intercom and gave a similar introduction to 'Garry', who got lots of applause, and another new fighter who was a minotaur.

A minotaur who liked to dual wield double blade battle axes with a handles thick and short, each having a leather strap looped at the end. This beast seven feet tall, and was almost as thick as he was tall. He was known by one name, "BIG M!" Few people cheered after he emerged from his side of the pit; in fact, few people said anything after he exited his concealed hallway. I qued the contenders and, instantaneously, they charged at one another.

Meanwhile...

The children watched their new friend in terror as the produce merchant bull charged towards the, literal, bull man. The Master, who was behind the petrified attempted not to cry but the most he could do was cry silently. Then the elder wiped his tears and a small floating cattle patted the old man's head his hoof, and said to his mind, "It has to be done."

"I know...but thanks," The Master said. With that, a determined look emerged on his face. When the human and the minotaur were almost adjacent in the arena, the old man sent out a faded, sparkly, light blue, blobby beam that only the trained eye could see, streaming from his hand, like a laser. The beam grew from his hand, as if it was floating water moving towards Garry, encompassing his torso upon arrival. That was a simple spell mixing illusion and conjuring magic.

Garry, who only saw the aquatic like limb after it immersed his body, squirmed in surprise and in fear for his life. Big M glanced up at the owner of this magic and winked as a big smile spread across his face. Then, he followed by raising both axes above his head, ready to strike. Noticing this, the blob surrounding Garry receded from his chest.

By now, the children, who could see the glittering; light blue; stream flowing from The Master's hand, watched in horror of what was happening. They then turned to him and he turned to them and only said, "I'm sorry, but it has to be done." He glanced at the buffalo as he quoted Tiki Bison, who felt happy he was quoted and

understood. Black Ezra retalialiated first by swearing and cursing what the old man had said. White Ezra and Rainbow Arze, not knowing what to do, cried and screamed for the safety of their new friend; and Grey Ezra thought to himself, "Why?"

Tiki Bison tried comforting the crying children and noticed the aura emitted by Grey Ezra. The small floating cow knew what it meant and sent his thoughts to the boy, "I know your concerned and confused, your not much different than him."

Grey Ezra turned to Tiki Bison, confused by how he could hear the bison in his mind and started to question it and what was said, and he thought it, attempting to send it the same way, "What!? How are you doing that? Am I doing it now too? What do you mean I'm like 'him'? Who is 'he'?"

The boy only received a giggle and the answer, "Your father."

The minotaur swung both his axes at the revealed portion of his chest. Garry, who was still struggling, released only his torso was trapped. He then jumped in the air, and used his aquatic captor to his advantage. The old spellcaster was stunned the fruit salesman floated slowly arcing the arena. His behemoth of an opponent jump on the blue extension and then, The Master dissipated the spell. Big M threw Garry in to the air and when he hit the ground the bull toward over him, he took both axes and cut him down the middle. All that then remained of Garry, the fruit salesman, was a severed corpse, that had a spasm for a few seconds while gurgling and choking, until he went still and silent. It echoed through the arena, as everyone was astonished at the moving, perished body that was Gary.

Garry died that day in the arena; and the last words he heard, as the mighty axes fell, was him hearing me say, "I'm sorry."



© 2016 Grey Ezra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on January 21, 2016
Last Updated on January 21, 2016


Author

Grey Ezra
Grey Ezra

About
Joined to get advice and feedback for a book I'm working on and would like to meet new people. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Grey Ezra