Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Chapter 2 - Pain

Chapter 2 - Pain

A Chapter by PeriwinkleRoase

    

Tip: Don't jump through windows.

As the window shattered around me, I could literally feel the glass splitting my skin open.

The pain in my wrist was unbearable. It was broken. No doubt about it. My screams were far louder than any of the sirens blaring from inside the compound.

With practically dead limbs, I dived face first onto the soft ground. I closed my eyes and slowly took deep, shaky breaths. I lay there, breathing in and out. I am alive. I am still alive.

I was weak and dizzy. The blood drenched grass around me was nauseating. I had a few minutes, and the most, before the guards came.

All my efforts for nothing, just to be put back in a cage. The thought hurt worse than my wrist. Fighting through, I lifted myself up onto my knees, and was rocked by another wave of nausea. I fell to the ground.

It was hopeless. The pain in my wrist was too much to bear.

All of a sudden I felt water seeping up my back. The ice. I had it with me when I escaped. Escaped. I escaped. I am free now. I reached under me in search for the ice. My fingers brushed the damp, cold surface.

I held it up to the sky. With my last remaining strength, I focused on the water, staring at it, feeling the familiar burn from behind my eyes. Slowly, the ice began melting into water, and wrapped itself around my wrist. I imagined it glowing, stretching new skin over the wound on my wrist. The searing pain flared to twice its magnitude. I shrieked in agony, and then it was gone. Just like that.

I lifted my head up to stare at my good-as-new wrist. Wow. I truly didn't know that I could do that. Maybe my abilities had progressed in the last hundred days. I sure hope so.

How long had it been? 30 seconds? One minute? The guards would have to use a far exit then run around the back of the compound to get to me. They would be here any second.

I pushed myself up onto my wobbly knees. The nausea returned, but not even half as bad as before. I got up on to my feet, and began stumble-running away from the compound.

I heard the guards thundering footsteps behind me. My eyelids were heavy with fatigue. My stinging cuts bled incessantly. I wanted to sleep, to stop, rest, eat. I wanted to be home. I wanted to HAVE a home. But I have to keep going.

Why? Because I have been Chosen.



© 2012 PeriwinkleRoase


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
Added on September 2, 2012
Last Updated on September 8, 2012


Author

PeriwinkleRoase
PeriwinkleRoase

About
You guys can call me PeriRoase. Or just Peri. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by PeriwinkleRoase