Chapter 5 - Kaida

Chapter 5 - Kaida

A Chapter by PeriwinkleRoase

 

 

    

My name is no longer Kita. After much thought and consultation (with myself) I have decided that I am no longer the happy girl from the Aeacus Province. My name is the last thing linking me to the past. Kita is the name of a child. A cowardly one, at that.

I am now Kaida, after my mother. Kita's duty was to train. All the time. Every day.

Kaida's duty is to begin traveling again.

Kaida. It’s not that much of a stretch, really. Kita and Kaida both have the 'K' as their first letter. People always say I look like my mother anyways.

Well, they used to.

I had found my way out of the "forest" in minutes. That is what I call it now. Forest. With quotation marks around it. I now faced a vast and deserted field of tall wildflowers and grasses. The flowers bent to the cool breeze. Autumn was coming. You could feel it in the air.

My stomach rumbled. I forgot how long it had been since I'd eaten anything.

I bent over and plucked a yellow flower. Edible?

Probably not.

Maybe I should have timed my escape better. Possibly at a time when I had just been served food and water. Then I could have started stronger, and run faster.

I had heard sticks snapping and leaves rustling all of last night. I am deeply disturbed by the thought that Pitch Black is still running around, trying to find my whereabouts. They might already know my whereabouts, or at least my general location. I regret sleeping last night. I should have kept traveling. Pitch Black is likely hot on my trail. The distance I covered while escaping was wide, flat and open. I could be seen easily running into the distance, so they know what direction I was going in.

Suddenly I am very aware of how exposed I am here. I crouched down low so just my head could be seen above the thick field.

I scanned the horizon for anything that resembled human life. In the distance, I could see a glassy lake, dotted by cottages of some sort.

Definitely worth a shot.

I began crawling through the field. The burning sting of all of my glass cuts had lessened to a dull throb. Maybe they were healing. Moving was easier, and actually felt good after one hundred days of being in a cage.

It was hard to believe how much my life had changed in the last few months. Just a little while ago, I had a family and a home.

And my name was Kita.



© 2012 PeriwinkleRoase


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
Added on September 7, 2012
Last Updated on September 8, 2012


Author

PeriwinkleRoase
PeriwinkleRoase

About
You guys can call me PeriRoase. Or just Peri. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by PeriwinkleRoase