The Game

The Game

A Chapter by Haart Wonders

February 2012
Birmingham, England


My boss has finally decided that it is time for us to talk and the first thing he says during our “important conversation” is: “You have let down my expectations”.
How dare you? During my job interview you promised me the world! An exciting work in your different companies (as if you had more than one), a lot of responsibilities, travels to Canada offices and meeting people from all over the world. Talk about expectations! I am pretty sure you have only this four wall office that you cheated to get a cheaper rent for and your “company” is only you and your big expectations. I am employed here just because I am pretty. There is nothing you need from my knowledge or experience. I am so done with your lying a*s! The only reason why I am being nice and don’t say all this in your face is because I want to see Greg and if I left I now I would not have the chance anymore…


Greg makes me smile all the time. I get so excited when I see a new email from him. And I get so nervous when we meet at the kitchen to make coffee. I want to know if he believes in love at first sight…

I first saw him and I knew - “Okay, this one is The One”. Not quite sure - the one who could fix my heart or break my heart! And from all the people in the whole office building, he was the one who started a conversation with me. And he was the one who gave me his e-mail. And he is the one I spend all day talking to. What else is this? Love at first sight? Soul mates at first sight? Or he is just a good player, the same as Lars was? Or even better at this game...

Let’s see. I will write him some dumb questions, like why did he move to Spain when he was younger. I wonder if someone broke his heart and he was running away from that someone. No, probably I am the only person in the world who would move to another country just to get away from a heartbreak.
Anyways, maybe by asking the wrong questions, I can find the right answers… Is he a player or not? Is he planning to break my heart or not?


...


There is nothing in his answers to my questions. He is just a good guy and that is all. Why can’t he be more of an a*****e? Then I could just tell myself: “I told you so” and move on. He has a girlfriend. It cannot be the only thing bad about him. There must be something else… I will write him few more questions and one of them will just be - “Do you like to play games? And I don’t mean football”, - “Yes, Cricket, Rugby…haha. Only joking. No, no, no!! In fact, thank you, you have just helped me to answer your question “something you find annoying in others”. THIS!!”

Well then, screw you, if you are so perfect you do not want to know me! I do play games! Simona warned me - "Just don't get so excited, he's obviously a player and remember that you are too”- maybe she was not right about Greg, but she is right about me.


I am a player who likes to play games and play guys.


© 2017 Haart Wonders


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great chapter! It was really amusing and made me chuckle at many places! I enjoyed reading it very much.
Some feedback.

1. I've given this feedback to many people.
Try showing instead of telling.

Ex) And I get so nervous when we meet at the kitchen to make coffee.

That can be changed to:
When we meet at the kitchen to make coffee, sweat runs down my cheeks and I even bite my nails.

Instead of telling that she's nervous, I'm showing it by making her bite her fingers, or even get sweaty.

Great job once again! :)


Posted 7 Years Ago


Haart Wonders

7 Years Ago

Thank you, this will help a lot when I rewrite the chapters. For now I just want to put the story do.. read more
Mr.Writer

7 Years Ago

No problem! Keep writing! I'm really enjoying it

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
1 Review
Added on March 18, 2017
Last Updated on March 18, 2017


Author

Haart Wonders
Haart Wonders

Birmingham, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Haart Wonders