The player

The player

A Chapter by Haart Wonders

Spring, 2011
Denmark

I was in a relationship with a French guy from my school. Because - why not? He is French!

There was this one night, when many students went to a club to party. We went there as well, but my boyfriend wanted to go home early. I told him to go home alone, I wanted to stay.


I flirted with another French boy, that I had a crush on for months, but he never payed any attention to me before. This night he was very drunk. He pulled me by my hand to go dance with him and he danced in such a seductive manner that I felt a huge urge to just run away. This was not what I wanted. The club was so full with students and if anyone saw us, they would tell my boyfriend.

I ran away from the drunk French boy.


My best friend Elsa told me -”Giels was just looking for you and begging me to give him your number, he looks desperate. He just cried here - what is she doing to me” - I was laughing, because he never payed any attention to me and now he is being like a whiny, little b***h. Feels good to have this kind of a power over a guy who I used to like a lot.

Elsa said that she and Sean - her guy, will leave the club. I understood that she is tired and will go home to sleep. I still wanted to stay, because I had just started talking with my boyfriends best friend - an Italian guy - Bruno.

And Bruno is hot. Italian hot. Passionate. When we danced, the whole room went up in flames! He told me - “if only I knew you earlier…”

As the morning came Bruno wanted to walk me home. Near the club we saw Giels - he looked even more drunk. And when he came up to us, we decided to take him home, just to make sure he gets there safely.

This was the funnies walk home in the world, as both guys tried to get me away from the other guy for few words. Each one tried to tell me how much they liked me and that they wanted to walk me home. Did I make a choice between an Italian and a French boy? No. It got too much for me, so I told Bruno - “Please take Giels home, he is your friend. I will leave you too, otherwise none of us will get home”.


I had just reached my apartment building when I saw that Brunos number popping on my phone - he was calling me. I wondered, if something bad happened, did Giels say something to him about me?

Bruno asked me to wait for him - he wanted to talk with me in person.

I was sure that Elsa was home sleeping, so I decided to wait for him on the bench next to the house.

Bruno came and said that Giels went home on his own. He just wanted to talk to me before we went back to our separate lives again. We were talking for only about five minutes, when we saw a car driving in the driveway and staying by the other house - no one got out of the car. That was really weird.

Then we saw Giels passing the car and coming towards us, screaming at me: “You are a b***h! I hate you! You are a b***h” - I looked and him and said - “Then go home, if I am such a b***h!”. Bruno was sitting next to me on the bench, looking desperate.

As Giels ran away, screaming swear words at me. Elsa got out of the strange car that had previously arrived. She was laughing - “This is the best scene ever! Sean drives me home and we see that you are sitting outside with the Italian guy. And then we see in the rear mirror that Giels is running angry towards you with his jacked fluttering in the wind. And Sean asks me - which one is her boyfriend? And I said - emmm, her boyfriend is at his own home, sleeping”. We both could not stop laughing. That's me - drama follows me on every corner.


This was funny, this was a game.

I could play two French guys and an Italian guy.


Few days later I broke up with my French boyfriend to have a secret relationship with Bruno - they lasted for 29 days, because that was exactly how much time he had left to stay in Denmark until his Eramsus programme ended and he went back to Italy.

I cried my eyes out and could not breathe, when he left me. Our 29 day romance was the most passionate romance I have had in my life until then. We could not keep our hands off of each other. I really believed he had feelings for me. But when I asked him if he was back together with his girlfriend in Italy, he told me that they have been together since the moment he got back - I could not believe it. Because what we had was indescribable - I was naive and young enough to fall for him and I believed he would just leave his girlfriend and we would meet one day in England. How could he just a day after leaving me in Denmark, be with his girlfriend and have sex with her?

I was hurting so bad.

It was all just a game and this was just losing.


...

Me and Elsa went out clubbing to make me feel better. The club felt so empty, because all the Erasmus students had left the country and now Thursday nights were not the student nights anymore. They were just empty nights.

Since the club was so empty, me and Elsa could dance alone on the dance floor - have the club just for ourselves! We had heels as high as our standards and we were the stars of the night. We knew every single danish guy at the club was watching us, but none of them dared to come up to us, because we looked too good to be approachable.

I went to the bathroom to freshen up and the DJ was just passing by.

He smiled and asked:
-“Hvad hedder du?”

-“What?” - I was blushing as I did not understand Danish.

-”What is your name?”

-”Oh, my name is Linda”

-”You are a good dancer, Linda!”

-”Thank you” - I smiled.


I could not believe the hot DJ has noticed me. Who cares about that pizza m**********r Bruno, if there is this hot DJ who likes to watch me dancing?


That was the first time Lars talked to me. It was the beginning of the longest and most dangerous game ever played!


March 1, 2013

Birmingham, England


“I am not perfect. I do play games...” - I am writing an honest letter to Greg, so he finally gets to know that he has met the worst girl in the world. I want him to know that I pretend to be something I am not. I just cannot play with him. What’s the use of it? To hurt someone as good as he is? I want him to know that I am not worth his attention. I hope this letter will open his eyes and maybe he will just tell me to go screw myself.


© 2017 Haart Wonders


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ahh, nice one!
I like how you add a bit more to the plot.
Good one!
Keep these chapters flowing

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
1 Review
Added on March 18, 2017
Last Updated on March 18, 2017


Author

Haart Wonders
Haart Wonders

Birmingham, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Haart Wonders