Part Three

Part Three

A Chapter by Haley
"

Part three of three

"

So, here I am folks. Here I am standing next to my own soon-to-be grave at my funeral. I’m adapting pretty well, considering…  Maybe the funeral can offer closure and lead me one step closer to acceptance. Yeah right, closure is a hoax. I had the time of my life for about a year. I fell in love, satiated my wanderlust. Hell, I literally got something of an ultimate escape of sorts. Ask and you shall receive, as they say. Such a shame that meant dying. I was pronounced dead on the scene that night. I guess you can never save someone who doesn’t believe they need saving.

News travels back to a small town quickly, that’s for sure. It’s a lot harder than I anticipated, watching everyone I love break down. Knowing I caused them such torment is hard to deal with. It’s hindered any hope of moving on and crossing over into the next life. As my friends and family gather around my eternal home, the waterworks pour out. The Priest quoted bible verses in condolence,  but mom had to step away for a moment to regain her composure, and dad was trailing miserably behind her. My best friends sat in the front row, finding comfort in leaning on each other for support. Their eyes were glazed over from crying so much. And last but not least, I spotted Vince distancing himself from the others. He was sobbing just as hard, if not more than most people.

I wish I could let him know how I’m doing. I would tell him that what happened wasn’t his fault, I was a goner before he lost his s**t and went MIA. Standing in close proximity were two detectives, probably keeping their eyes on him so he wouldn’t try and make a run for it. Again. I bet they didn’t have the heart to cuff him in front of everyone. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Vince was arrested and ended up being charged with accessory to murder, since he supplied me with the pills. He took the fall for every last pill that the authorities confiscated from the premises.

He made sure that Adam was left out of it since he risked everything to make the 911 call. Vince’s trial is set for sometime in the next month. Prosecution was going for a 25 to life sentencing, but his defense attorney most likely has a plea deal lined up, assuming he will give up the name of our supplier. The devastation came around full circle, that’s for sure. I wish I could say ‘lesson learned’, but unfortunately there are no more do-overs. The only thing I can do now is choose to move on. I hope that my parents and friends find it in their hearts to forgive me eventually, and not only that, but I hope they realize how much I love them.

Maybe in another life I can make things right.



© 2018 Haley


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dead, it was. I liked the real life feel of the story. Made the escape feel true. I liked the places and the thoughts of the characters. To stand ghostly by your grave. Would be a odd place to be. Thank you Haley for sharing the entertaining and amazing tale.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Haley

6 Years Ago

thank you so much.
when i wrote this, i saw myself in my character, Jade. she embodies a dar.. read more
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You did well and you are welcome Haley.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 27, 2018
Last Updated on March 27, 2018


Author

Haley
Haley

Lawrence, KS



About
Nothing short of a paradox. more..

Writing
Say Anything Say Anything

A Poem by Haley


[Anti] Social Media [Anti] Social Media

A Chapter by Haley


Guns, Guns, Guns Guns, Guns, Guns

A Chapter by Haley