Chapter 3: Acadia Falls

Chapter 3: Acadia Falls

A Chapter by HammerStar
"

A peaceful night on the beach quickly turns serious when Mike spots the Pirate command ship racing towards Acadia.

"
Mike runs along the Acadian beach as the massive ship hurried ahead, he bends forward running faster slinging his arms back and forth to give more momentum, the sand kicks up behind, he raises his head looking forward to his village as the ship lines up beside, cannon balls bombard houses as the ship broadsides the village with multiple rows of cannons, hoses blown to smithereens as dust rises from the crash, fires begin to burst from damaged fire places, Mike watches in horror as he puts all of his strength into his run, he slips and tumbled into a roll landing back on his feet continuing his sprint.

TIMELINE
THE PROPHECY CHAPTER
CHAPTER 3: ACADIA FALLS

Mike finally reaches the village keeping his pace, he passes houses buttoning as pirates begin making their way through the streets slaughtering anyone in their way, Mike continues running as he approaches his house, he puts his shoulder forward talking through his door knocking it to the ground, he hits with a thump, the force re-opens the injury in his arm as his tunic turns red with blood, he grunts in pain before making his way to his bedroom pushing his bed aside, soon after he hears a window shatter before the raging roars of flame, he quickly pushes his bed further revealing a hatch below, he stomps the latch of the hatch causing it to open beneath his feet, he collapses into his basement, he grunts and runs to a cabinet opening its doors, inside rests a suit of armor if Oak design, the steel has intricate markings all along it, it has many segments that cover the arms and legs, the helmet is chainmail, he quickly reaches for the armor but the rack poses heavy resistance, he grunts before opening a drawer below the cabinet, he pulls out a sword with Futhark markings along the blade, he grabs the sword and it’s sheathe siding it into the sheathe and placing it around his waist, he turns to a bookshelf covered in various objects, he grabs a roll of bandages wrapping it around his arm tightly, he proceeds to move to the hatch with haste, he looks above into the open hatch seeing smoke filling the room as the fire grows larger.
Mike grips the ladder climbing into his bedroom, the room is filled with smoke, Mike keeps to a low crawl as he navigates the smoke, he uses one of his hands wafting the smoke from his face, as he coughs violently, he struggles to find the exit until he hears the pattering of feet, he stands and sprints to the door being hit in the back by falling debris from his house, he hits the ground hard but pulls himself out of the door on his hands and knees collapsing onto the ground outside, he pulls himself into a sitting position before a foot comes flying for his head, he throws himself backwards back into a laying position to dodge the kick, he looks up to see the source of the footsteps as a pirate stands above him, Mike pulls his sword swinging at the pirates legs, the pirate brings his foot down on the blade knocking it from Mikes hands, the pirate grips his one sword stabbing downwards towards Mikes chest, the sword hits his chest piece making a small ship in the armor sanding small sparks flying as the pirate pulls his sword back up and grips it tighter, Mike rolls over grabbing the pirates legs bringing his elbow into the back of the pirates knee bringing him down onto his knees with Mike, and dropping his sword, Mike brings his hand up grabbing the pirates face driving his thumb into his eye socked pushing him against the ground below knocking him unconscious, Mike stands grabbing the pirates sword stabbing him in the chest leaving the sword inside him, Mike bends grabbing his sword sliding it into the sheathe looking on into the burning village.
Mike sprints through the streets past burning homes and pirates slaughtering the innocent, he navigates the streets towards Jeremys house, his pace slowed by his armor, he continues to put all of his strength into his sprint, he finally reaches Jeremys house, he strides forth drawing his sword, he kicks in the door and the house caves in front of the door immediately after, the windows in other parts of the house shatter letting loose flames, Mike steps back in disbelief “JEREMY !” He drops his sword stepping back more dropping to his knees “JEREMY !” He screams to the top of his lungs straining his voice, tears well up in his eyes his voice grows shaky he turns his head looking onward towards the beach, Jeremy stands on a small mound of sand staring at the massive ship in awe, Mike wipes his eyes and grabs his sword sheathing it, he sprints towards Jeremy, Jeremy stands still just staring, Mike sees a common fire and the ball heading straight for Jeremy, Mike has a flashback to when Mark was struck by a cannon ball and leaps at Jeremy tackling him off of the mound just as the ball makes contact, it kicks up sand and rocks that slam against Mike and Jeremy, Jeremy sits up in the sand staring on into his burning village as a tear runs down his cheek, Mike shakes Jeremys shoulders “Jeremy we have to go !”
Jeremy sits in shock, Mike grabs him dragging him to his feet and leads him along as he runs through the sand and eventually touching down on the dirt, Jeremy pulls away from Mike draping onto his knees staring into the village “no... no... no... NOOO !!” He speaks in a weak voice before screaming, he breaks down and starts sobbing, Mike pulls him up to his feet and Jeremy snaps out of it, Mike and Jeremy sprint into the local tree line disappearing into the woods and eventually finding themselves in the Jungle.
The fire crackles releasing amber into the air, Jeremy sits upon the log staring to the camp fire remembering the fires of Acadia, he closes his eyes tightly clenching his teeth and fists, Mike sits across from him with the pieces of the prophecy note in hand “J-Jeremy... I... I know you don’t believe any of this” he holds the pieces of the note outward “but this may be our last an only chance, our chance to fix Acadia, bring down Birch... Bring your dad back !” There is a long silence, Jeremy stares into the fire and begins speaking in a weak voice “And I thought I was the kid here” he gives a sad chuckle, Mike lowers his head “Jeremy... if there’s a chance it’s one we have to take...” Jeremy looks up, tears drip from his cheeks “I can only hope your right Mike...” Jeremy turns laying down on the log, Mike lays down on his own log, but instead of resting he continues to study the paper.
The two walk through the Jungle as the sun begins to rise, they walk not saying a word, the only sound is that of the bramble crunching beneath their feet and the local wildlife waking to the rising sun, Mike moves a tree branch out of the way and breaks it off from the tree, immediately after an arrow flys past his head hitting a tree behind him, a voice calls out “HALT !” but no one is seen, a bush is seen moving as it rises, a man throws back a gillie suit as it hangs from his shoulders, the man was about Mikes height, his skin was dark and his hair was long and black, his eyes bared 2 different colors and a gillie suit was loosely attached to tattered clothing, the man raises his bow as he loads another arrow “Identify yourselves ! And explain why you’re here !” Mike holds still raising his hands beside him “My name is Michael Figerth, I’m a mercenary from Acadia, last night Birch and his men attacked the village... the guards were overwhelmed, Acadia is gone...” he looks down in disappointment, the man in the gillie points his bow towards Jeremy “Who’s your friend ?!” Mike steps in front of Jeremy “He’s Jeremy Aderson... son of General Aderson” The mans face turns to horror “if you are who you say you are and the news you bring are true... this could be serious” he lowers his bow “follow me, we must inform the Chieftain” the man gestures for Mike and Jeremy to follow, the two look at each other and follow behind.
The man leads them to the Jungle village concealed in the trees, but not only concealed in the trees but built in the trees, giant spiral staircases wrap around trees leading to their peak, houses are connected to the sides held by supports as ripe bridges connect the trees, Mike, Jeremy, and the man walk up the stairs of the largest tree, at the top is a huge structure, the man opens a hatch and steps into the structure, Mike and Jeremy follow, the structure is mostly empty, there are doors along the walls leading to more rooms, down along the room at the very end rests a man in a chair, the man looks tall, his hair is ginger, he has a bushy beard, he wears a large green trench coat and holds a cane against the floor, Mike recognizes the man as Chieftain Walter, he speaks up as Mike, Jeremy and the man walks closer “Freddy, who are these people you-“ he stops recognizing Jeremy “Jeremy ? What are you doing in HighRise ? I wouldn’t have thought Mark would let you leave Acadia let alone come here” the man in the gillie now revealed as Freddy speaks up “Sir... these people bring dire news” Walters face turns to concern turning to Mike and Jeremy “What news...” Mike steps forward “Chieftain Wilson... we are here to inform that Birch and his men have been successful in the destruction of Acadia...” he clenches his fist “My home” Walters face turns to horror and looks at Jeremy “Jeremy tell me it’s not true !” Jeremy starts to cry “Dad is f*****g dead !” Jeremy kneels down and sits upon the floor sobbing, Walter stands pressing his cane against the floor “Freddy ! Inform the scouts ! We must inform the other chieftains ! The Shard must not fall into Birch’s hands !” Mikes face turns to confusion “That word again, what the hell is a Shard !” Walter looks at Mike confused “where did you hear about that !” He approaches Mike in haste, Mike outstretches his arm holding the pieces of the page “This where” Walter steps back “Where did you find that !?” Mike steps towards Walter “I’ll tell you once I get my answers !” The room is filled with dreadful silence, Walters face turns serious “You may want to take a seat”

CREDITS
Concepts By: Jason Hensley and Caleb Reynolds

Written By: Jason Hensley (me)



AFTER CREDITS
The shores of Acadia can be seen, the massive pirate ship floats close, row boats line the beach, another rowboat hits the sand, three men get out, one of them gets out wearing a long brown trench coat, his hair is short and he has a long bush mustache, he wears jewelry, he wears a sword on his waist and another on his back. the other man is Brian, he wears his red trench coat and an axe is mounted on his back. And the final man is Captain Birch himself, he speaks, is voice muffled by the thick golden armor he wears “This is our village now”.


© 2020 HammerStar


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

20 Views
Added on March 5, 2020
Last Updated on March 5, 2020
Tags: Pirates, Jungle, Mercenary, Warrior, Tribe, Battle, War


Author

HammerStar
HammerStar

About
I like writing and reading stories that develop a dynamic universe that is rich of content. more..

Writing