Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Marchosias D'Azreal

-
Humans are considered the weakest form of life. Many are barely strong enough to lift themselves. However, they play an important role in the Earth's ecosystem. They provide blood for vampires, meat for werewolves, mates for veela, incubi, and succubi, but most importantly, they provide a source of humor for Angels, Fallen or otherwise.
-
Dahlia grabbed her backpack and coat from her locker. 
"God, I am so glad school is over for the year." She remarked, talking to whoever was listening. 
"I know, right? School got sooo annoying with the stupid midterms. I mean, why the hell do the teachers feel the need to give us a huge test right before Christmas? It does not make any sense." Selena, her best friend, replied, also grabbing her coat and backpack from their shared locker. 
"Seriously! It's bad enough they had to make us decorate, but a test too? That's pushing it." Dahlia said bitterly. She was what you would call a modern-day Scrooge. While she didn't have much money, she was a b***h around the holidays. Especially Christmas. New Years Eve however, was a different story. Dahlia grinned as she remembered last year's celebration. Selena, Aaron (her boyfriend), her, and a bunch of their other friends had gone party hopping, hitting a bunch of different parties and getting wasted. Needless to say, when she stumbled in the door at two in the morning, her parents were not pleased. She had been grounded for a month!
"Hey girls! Whazzup?!" Aaron came up behind them, draping an arm over each girl's shoulders. Dahlia kissed him on the cheek, wrapping an arm around his waist. 
"The sky." Selena replied grumpily, as Aaron and Dahlia kissed. Selena shrugged away from Aaron's arm, wishing she had a boyfriend. At the moment, she was hopelessly single. Dahlia broke away from Aaron, much to his displeasure. 
"Sorry, Lena. Forgot." Dahlia smiled apolegetically, knowing Selena would forgive her.
Selena sighed in defeat, before shooting Dahlia a mischievous grin. 
"It's fine Lia. 'Sides, there is always Will." Okay, maybe she wasn't 'hopelessly' single. Selena and William went out sometimes. They always broke after the first date though. Then they got back together. It was a vicious cycle.
"Cool." Dahlia rolled her eyes as Aaron picked her up suddenly, throwing her over his shoulder. "You know I hate it when you do that." Dahlia said exasperatedly, twisting around to look up at Aaron. 
"Why do you think I do it?" He asked, grinning at his double innuendo. Dahlia sighed in defeat as Selena giggled. Dahlia glared at her; well as best she could at least.
Aaron led Selena outside, still carrying his brunette girlfriend. 
"Goddamn, it's cold out here!" Dahlia cursed, suddenly shivering. Aaron, for some unknown reason, was unaffected by the cold, but he shrugged, flipping Dahlia down off his shoulder. She was still carrying her backpack and jacket in her hands, so she was pretty cold. Dahlia quickly put on her water-resistant coat, instantly feeling warm. She swung her backpack over her shoulder, then grabbed Aaron's hand before he could sling her over his shoulder again. He pouted childishly, before intertwining his fingers with her's. Everyone at the school had no doubt the two would get married after high school. However they still had a bit of time to wait. They were only Juniors after all.


© 2011 Marchosias D'Azreal


Author's Note

Marchosias D'Azreal
Only rated M because of swear words and innuendos!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a funny chapter. The style made me think of several of my friends styles plus my sisters. These people seem fun and rebellious. Always makes for an interesting read. ON to the next chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 1, 2010
Last Updated on November 28, 2011


Author

Marchosias D'Azreal
Marchosias D'Azreal

Underground, WI



About
LOL!! (Go ahead, I dare you.) Don't click here! more..

Writing