Chapter 20: Silent

Chapter 20: Silent

A Chapter by Happy Annoyance
"

Our female protagonist sees changes in the world...

"
Miyuki pushed open the musty wooden planks which formed the doorway looking out upon the empty courtyard. The tired soldiers looked back at their lady bowing their heads deferentially to her.  Miyuki smiled and nodded to them before walking off the wooden veranda.
She stood alone in the courtyard looking out at the gray sky sadly and took in a slow deep breath.  Though she was surrounded by soldiers she felt completely alone.  She had laid such great plans for this court, plans for introductions and plans for games.  Plans for her brother to make a name for himself in duels.  Now all these things seemed distant, Haya was dead as were many who served her.
Hiroyama pushed himself wearily towards the damsel, bowing quickly “My lady, you should not be outside.  We have too few men to guard you.”
The woman smiled softly “I cannot stand to be within that temple any longer.  There are too many wounded men there, the scent of blood is thick in the air.”
Hiroyama shook his head “But you must Miyuki-sama, the reinforcements from the castle have not arrived yet.  It would be too vulnerable to travel now, if another attack happened your life might be lost.”
Miyuki smiled weakly “If a clan did this, then they could send an army against us Hiroyama-san.  Even someone as skilled as you could not evade that.”
“If an army was raised we would know it Miyuki-san” Hiroyama replied softly, a dour look upon his face.  “Those men were picked men, but they were not an army.  Your kinsmen will be here soon my lady, please be patient until then.”
Miyuki looked to Hiroyama “I want to know who did this Hiroyama-san, this is accomplishing nothing.”
Hiroyama smiled “As do I but you are too valuable to risk to find that out.  Please join me within.”
Miyuki glowered her shoulders drooping, she just shook her head and returned to the temple in frustration.  


© 2014 Happy Annoyance


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on September 8, 2014
Last Updated on September 8, 2014
Tags: Samurai, Feudal Japan, Drama, Warring States

Honor and Treachery ((In progress, needs polish))


Author

Happy Annoyance
Happy Annoyance

San Antonio, TX



About
I am am a world traveler turned teacher who enjoys telling stories who has recently started writing. I would like to develop my style and expand my foundation of knowledge. more..

Writing