"I declare" Boy please!

"I declare" Boy please!

A Chapter by Happyg44
"

Despite what Mr. Osteen or other prosperity preachers say, God is not a genie! He won't give you what you want just because you "declare" that He will.

"

Today I read one of my favorite Bible stories:David and Goliath. When I came to the part where David declared his victory over Goliath (1 Samuel 17:45-47), a thought crossed my mind. Wow! David declared what he was going to recieved, then he recieved it! This doctrine has been incorporated into many "churches" across America. The idea States that if you just say God's going to give you a new home, car, or mate for example, you'll somehow magically recieve it! The doctrine is greatly supported by one joel osteen. Is this thinking really biblically accurate? I don't really think so. When I was a little dude living in the children's home, my dear granny used to pick me up every weekend. Before we pulled out of the parking lot, granny always said "Lord willing, we'll get home safe ". I always wondered what that meant. Like always i found the answer from Jesus Christ. John 14:13 says "

Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.". The key to this verse is "that the Father may be glorified in the Son.". God was definitely glorified by David defeating Goliath! But does God always get glory by giving us everything we "declare" that we have? This is something I personally have trouble accepting sometimes, because the obvious answer is no. A lot of times God uses pain and suffering To accomplish His goals. I know this fact all too well. I believe God allowed me to have cp to spare me from a life of crime and drugs. I believe God allowed me to spend 3 years in a children's home so i would ultimately realize who He was and why I needed Him. And i believe He allowed me to go through a painful surgery so I would realize the heresy of these teachings by false prophets like osteen. And currently, I'm going to certain things  I don't understand. Yet, I hold on to God's promise from Romans 8:28 which says God works everything together for the good of those who love Him. Well I know I love Him, and know He loves me, so I just gotta trust him. Wierdly, Christ (the Son) also had to submit to the Father's will. Before He went to the Cross, the Son asked the Father to take that cup from Him. Yet at the end He said the famous words "Not My will, but Yours be done." hold up, wait a minute, let me put some churchin it! If Jesus, who was Begotten Son Of God, had to submit to the Father, then we also have to submit to the will of the Father. I believe it was C. H. Spurgeon who said "When your will is God's will, you will have your will ".  Nough said! No matter what prosperity gospel preachers say, God is not some genie who will give you anything you "declare" you have. Trust me, I know! Instead of saying what we're going to have, we should simply say what we would like to have, but ultimately submit to God and say "Not my will, but Yours be done ". That's the Real Deal. Until next time remember "The Wages of Sin is Death, but the Gift of God is Everlasting Life "



© 2017 Happyg44


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on November 22, 2017
Last Updated on November 22, 2017


Author

Happyg44
Happyg44

MO



About
Hi, my name is Happy! I'm a 23 year old man with Cerebral Palsy. I communicate with a special computer that reads my eye movement. Although it takes me awhile to type what I want to say, I love writin.. more..

Writing