Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

A Chapter by Harmony Grace

 

Chapter 9
 
I walked up to Emery after the graduation ceremony.
“So, do you have any clue when you’re going back?” I asked.
“This evening.” He said.
“Oh, would you mind if I came over one last time?” I asked.
“Sure, but you’ll have to leave before God gets there; mainly because no human can look at him.”
“Oh, yeah I understand.” I said. We walked home together spending as much time together as possible. 
“I am so sorry that I have to leave; and that I’m going to have to hurt you like this.” He said gritting his teeth, and clenching his fist. I hadn’t seen him this mad before.
“Hey, what’s wrong?” I asked Emery. Feeling like I had just asked a stupid question.
“THIS! This is wrong!” He yelled. “I shouldn’t have to leave you like this. You’re going to have to remember me; I’m going to forget everything. My feelings for you, our good times together. It’s not right. I don’t understand why God is doing this to you. Why he’s doing this to me! I HATE THIS!” he yelled. He looked shocked. I looked confused at him.
“Did you just say you hated God?” I asked.
“What? No…” He stopped. “Did I?” He asked.
“I’m not sure.” I said.
“I didn’t mean it that way.” He said.
“Uh huh…” I said still confused.
“I hope not…” He said looking really worried. “I’m an angel, I’m not supposed to have all these feelings.” He said.
“Yeah, I know.” I said. We finally reached my house.
“Well, I’ll see you tonight ok?” he said.
“Yeah, I’ll see you tonight.” I said. I told my mother what was about to take place.
“So, he won’t remember any of this?” she asked.
“No, he’ll only remember that girl he helped and protected.” I said.
“Oh honey that’s terrible; but I’m sure God knows what he’s doing.” My mom said looking unsure herself; which was not very reassuring.
“Yeah, ya sound sure.” I said. “Well I’m going to get ready for tonight.” I said. All the time I was getting ready I was crying. Not bawling, but tears coming down my face. I’m not a girly crier. It was finally 5:00 and I headed to Emery’s house.
“Knock-Knock.” I said while I entered the little church.
“Hey, come in. I was just getting ready.” He said.
“In a white robe?” I asked.
“Yeah, It’s the main fashion where I’m from.” He said giving that smile.
“Wow, Haven’t seen that in a while.” I said.
“I’ve been busy trying to get the girl I love saved.” Emery said still smiling.
“Yeah, I guess so.” I said. We talked about Heaven a little bit; me giving my idea’s on it. Most of them wrong. But Emery wouldn’t give specifics.
“Don’t want to ruin the surprise.” He said.
“Yeah, I guess.” I said. It reached 7:00.
“You should go. God will be here any minute.” He said.
“Yeah, ok. I’ll see ya…” I had forgotten. “No, I won’t see ya around. But I will see you when I pass in this life.” I said tears flowing now.
“This isn’t fair.” He said, holding me in his arms.
“No, it’s ok. I’d rather you be in Heaven than on this retched planet.” I said.
“Yes, but this retched planet has you on it.” He said.
“I know. But we’ll see each other some day.” I said choking back a lot of things. I truly felt the same as he did; but I held it back to help him. He helped me, so it was my turn to help him.
“I will see you around some day.” I said.
“Yeah, I wish I could SEE you.” He said, taking his hands and feeling my face.
“I know, but that’s actually why I love you more. You could never judge me for the way I looked. I knew you loved me for me. That was the greatest feeling ever Emery.” Light started to peer from the ceiling.
“I should go.” I said.
“No, it’s ok.” He said.
“But I thought you said no human could see God?” I asked.
“They can’t, but you won’t.” He said taking a blind fold and covering my eyes.
“Yes father.” Was all I heard.
“I Can’t hear his voice.” I said.
“I know, that’s how it’s supposed to be.” Emery said. I could see the brightness just through this blind fold. I didn’t think the whole blind fold thing would work.
“Father?” there was a short pause. “What was my task?” He asked; there was another pause. “Yes Father I understand it’s not important as long as I completed it, but just out of curiosity…sorry father.” Emery talked with God for a while. Until he asked this.
“If I turn her around so she doesn’t see you, may I say good bye to her properly? Thank you father.” He turned me around, and undid my blindfold.
“Trinity, thank you so much for helping me complete my task, whatever it may have been.” There was a pause.
“What Emery? Is God talking to you?” I asked.
“Oh Trinity…You’re beautiful!” He said.
“Thanks, now…wait. You can see me?” I asked.
“Yes, I can see you. You’re absolutely beautiful.” I could see the life in his eyes. I could tell he was no longer blind.
“God has finally revealed my task. In order to get my sight back I had to make you SEE God’s love was there, and true.” He said. “Now that you know it’s there and can see it, I can see too.” He said.
“Emery, that’s wonderful! Now, you must go be with our God.” I said crying. I could see God’s light beaming off of Emery.
“I’ll miss you Emery. I love you.” I said.
“I love you too. I wish I could miss you.” He said. “May I father?” He asked. “Thanks.” Emery leaned in once more and kissed me. “I love you so much.” He said. He put the blindfold back on me; after a while Emery’s voice said goodbye and the light disappeared. I took the blindfold off.
Emery was no where. I fell to my knees. I had been left alone, and yet I felt God’s presence. I ran downstairs to the little basement where I found that room with the journal of my relatives writing. It wasn’t there, it was dirty and a mess. Nothing was left. I walked slowly home.
“I’m home.” I said. My mother came into the living room.
“Is he gone?” She asked.
“Yes. He’s gone. Gone to be with God.” I said.
“Honey, are you going to be ok?” She asked.
“I think so.” I said. About that time I fell to the floor and started to bawl.
“I didn’t think so.” My mother said and held me for a while. It was early morning when I stopped crying.
“I’m going to bed.” I said. More dead than anything.
“Ok. Honey, I hope it’s better in the morning.” She said. But it wasn’t. I woke up, I must have cried some more in my sleep, my eyes were wet. I went downstairs and got some breakfast.
“Hi hon. How did you sleep?” She asked.
“Pretty ok.” I lied.
“Mm, well it’s time for school.” She said. 
“Yeah, Don’t remind me.” I said. I knew today would be the hardest, mainly because I knew today would be the first day that I wouldn’t see Emery’s Smile, hear his voice, hear his jokes, see his eyes light up, see that glow about him, See Him…Yeah, today was going to be difficult.
I walked into class and of course my eyes shot to where Emery would sit, and of course he wasn’t there. In his place though was Paige. The nice girl I had met the first day of Class.
“Hey Trinity, what’s up?” asked Paige.
“Nothing much actually, just trying to focus on other things.” I muttered the last part.
“Oh, well where’s Emery? Is it true he switched to another school?” She asked.
“I don’t know what happened to Emery.” I lied.
“Oh, ok. Well, I’m having a birthday party Saturday. If you’d like to come.” She said.
“Oh…um, thanks for the invite but I’ll have to see about it ok?” I said.
“Sure.” She smiled. Immediately after she smiled Emery’s face lit up in my mind.
“Mm.” I grunted and turned my head away and closed my eyes. Kind of like when you get a sudden head pain.
“Hey! You ok?” Paige asked.
“Hm…?” I asked.
“Are you ok?” she asked again.
“Oh, yeah…I’m fine.” I lied again and closed my eyes again and started to rub my forehead.
“You don’t look it…” She muttered.
“Sorry, I’m having…withdrawal.” I teased and gave a smile to show that I was ok…kind of.
“Hehehe.” She laughed. “From what?” She asked.
“It doesn’t matter…it’s not bad.” I assured her.
“Ok…So hopefully you can come to my party.” She said; and I did go and have loads of fun. It was nice. We had a bible study and lots of Jesus related things. It was nice to have other followers of Christ around in this time. It helped me to get through all of the Emery problems. Paige and I started hanging out a little more. We’re turning into pretty good friends. Once we started hanging out, it’s like we’d known each other our whole lives. Even though it had only been a month.


© 2009 Harmony Grace


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on November 9, 2009


Author

Harmony Grace
Harmony Grace

About
really want to be an actressdirector, but I also really love to write! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Harmony Grace


Avery Avery

A Book by Harmony Grace