Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

A Chapter by Harmony Grace

 

Chapter 10
 
It’s been 3 months. 3 months since I’ve seen Emery and heard his voice. The last thing he said to me rang in my head.
“I love you so much…” It still hurts to think about it. But I couldn’t let it get me down to much. I have currently started seeing Isaiah Johnson. I know a cliché last name, but he’s such a nice guy! A nice Christian guy, that’s not going to Heaven anytime soon. Well, hopefully anyway. We started seeing each other shortly after Paige’s birthday party. I am about to go see him in a little while. On my way to the Diner I met up with Paige.
“Can I talk to you?” she asked.
“Yeah, of course you can.” I said.
“You might not like me after this though…” she said.
“Paige you’re my best friend, I won’t not like you.” I said.
“It’s about Isaiah.” She said.
“Ok, go on.” I said.
“I have had a crush on him for well forever, since the 1st grade. And I wanted to apologize to you for having wrong feelings toward you…” She said.
“Oh…Paige, I’m so sorry…I didn’t know. I’ll break it off.” I said.
“No, please don’t. I can see that he’s happy with you. I didn’t have the guts to ask him out.” She said. “any way, just go and have lunch with him. You guys are really cute together.” She said, I could tell though that while she was walking away she was crying. I met up with him in a little diner in the middle of town.
“Hey beautiful.” He said.
“Hey handsome.” I said.
“How are you?” he asked.
“I’m doing ok.” I said.
“What? What’s wrong?” he asked with a concerned look on his face.
“Well, I hate to bring this up again…but I keep thinking about Emery lately…and I don’t know why.” I said.
“He hurt you pretty badly…it’s understandable. But you know I would never…” I interrupted him.
“Leave me or hurt me, I know…”
“So…what’s the deal?” he asked. I started to think about Paige and her hurtful look as she walked away from me.
“Well, I’m just saying. I don’t think my feelings for Emery are completely gone; and I don’t want to hurt you.” When really, I didn’t want to go on hurting Paige.
“Oh, so…” He started.
“I prayed to God on what to do on the way over here. He spoke to me in such a way that I believe he was telling me that…I’m not the girl for you.” I said.
“Ah.” He said. “So, you’re ending our relationship.” He said.
“Yes, I don’t want to go on hurting you with my left over feelings for Emery. It’s not right or fair to you. I’m sorry. Ya know I may not be the girl for you…” Isaiah interrupted.
“Thank you.” He said.
“Wait, what?” I asked.
“Well, I was going to apologize…” He said.
“For what?” I asked.
“Well, I’ve secretly been wanting to see another girl.” He said.
“Really?” I asked. “Who?”
“Um, actually. You’re best friend Paige. “I know that makes me a dirty rat, but I’ve had a crush on her since the 1st grade…” I was smiling through all of this…my plan was complete.
“I just never had the guts to ask her out.” He said. “I’m really sorry.” He said.
“It’s totally ok. You should definitely ask her out.” I said.
“Do you really think so?” he asked.
“Totally.” I said.
“You’re ok then?” He asked.
“I’m perfect.” I said, and gave a smile.
“Great. See ya around Trinity.” He said.
“Yeah, see ya around Isaiah.” I said. I watched him go outside and go to the middle of the town by the fountain and sit down by Paige. They hugged and walked off together, talking and laughing. I smiled and finished eating.
______________________________________________________________________________
 
Emery’s End of It
 
“I love you so much.” I said to Trinity. Finally being able to see her was so wonderful. I walked over to God.
“Ok father.” I said.
“Very well Son. But you realize what you’re doing for her.” God said. In a blink we were in Heaven.
“So, when do I start my next task?” I asked.
“In a while.” He said.
“Very well.” I guess I was going to have some down time. I just wondered when I’d start to forget about Trinity. I helped around Heaven in little ways. Wasn’t much to do. A month (earth time) went by. I still hadn’t forgotten about Trinity. I kept seeing her in my mind. It was the last thing on earth I saw. It was a beautiful sight. I’m just not sure why I still have these feelings. I thought I’d forget all about them.
“Jesus, do you need me to do anything?” I asked.
“No, thank you though Emery. You have a mission coming up soon.” Jesus said.
“I do?” I asked.
“Yes.” He said. I went to God.
“Father, is my next assignment ready?” I asked.
“Yes son.” He said.
“Great, where am I going?” I asked.
“Well, I mustn’t send you back to earth. You are already to close.” He said.
“Close to what father?” I asked.
“Just too close son. I’m going to assign you to help the archangels.”
“The archangels? Are you kidding father?” I asked.
“ARE YOU QUESTIONING ME?” He asked forcefully.
“No, sorry father I am not.” I said.
“Now son, for your own good go and help the archangels.”
“Yes father.” 2 months (earth time) passed. So I guess all together 3 months have passed. I still am wondering how Trinity is doing. I can’t believe I remember her. I thought I would have forgotten about her already.
“Emery, please come over here.”
“Coming Gabriel.” Gabriel is about to go to earth.
“Tell God that I am going to deliver the message.” He said.
“Yes sir. Sir?” I asked.
“Yes Emery.” He said.
“What happens when we stay on earth too long?” I asked.
“Well, we get too involved with humans, so much that we start having their feelings, and eventually we just become human in a sense, because we start to think like them and have their feelings. We get caught up in their emotions. Why?” He asked.
“Just wondering. Thanks.” I said. I went to God to deliver the message. I ran into Diane.
“Hey Emery, boy was that fun being able to help God out. What a feeling!” She said.
“Yeah, it’s amazing. Excuse me.” I said.
“Nope, I’ll be here. Got an eternity.” She said laughing.
“Yeah…” I laughed.
“Come child, what troubles you?” He asked.
“You knew I’d fall in love with her didn’t you?” I asked.
“Yes.” God said. “I know all things.” He said.
“Yes father, I know. But then why would you take me away from her? Or her away from me…”
“To show you that my love comes in many forms…you have become too much like the humans, you think like them, love like them, and you would go to Heaven before them. Would you like to return to earth?” God asked.
“What would that mean? Because the last time I checked, if I go and stay, she has to leave.” I said.
“Well, Yes she would have to leave still; it was the original plan that some how you feel had to change, and you wouldn’t be mortal. I could make you age, but you wouldn’t necessarily die.”
“I don’t understand why she has to die, what if I wanted to experience death?” I asked.
“I am God, I could wipe your memory of Heaven, and you would live like her.”
“But Father, why does she have to die? She’s still young and can do many great things for your kingdom.” I said.
“Yes, I am aware. But Emery, she wasn’t supposed to live this long. I was going to take her home with me long before her father. But things happened, and I needed to use her for my kingdom.”
“Then what’s wrong now? She could still be used father.” I said, noticing that I was beginning to argue with God, not a smart thing to do.
“Emery quite arguing with me, and do as you’re told.”
“But father…” I started.
“You are already like the humans, thinking your way is better than mine.”
“I just don’t see why we must be separated.”
“Because you’re an angel Emery, not a 17 year old boy on earth.”
“I know father. I love Trinity, I need to be with her.” I said.
“So you’d rather be with a girl than with your Heavenly father?” God asked.
“I’m sorry father, but I have been on earth too long, you must let me go back. I can no longer not argue with you.” I said.
“Very well son. I’ll give you a week with her, and then I must take her home. Understand?”
“Yes father, thank you.”
“Good, because you’ll be coming with her.” He said.
“WHAT!?” I asked.
“Yes, you will come back here as well. I need you up here more than I need you down there.” He said.
“Ok, fine.” I said.
“Good, now you are going to only have a week with her. Make it so pleasant so she doesn't know. She mustn't know what's happening. Tell her something nice before it happens ok?"
“Yes father.” I said, not believing I was about to see Trinity die before my eyes.
“Very well child, now go in peace." God said.
“I want to…I love her." I said.
“Very well.” He said.
“One more thing father. May I keep my sight?” I asked.
“Yes son, you may keep your sight.”
“Thank you father, will I have salvation?”
“Yes son, your salvation is yours.” God said.
“Thank you so much father.” I said.
“When would you like to depart?” God asked.
“Tomorrow, earth time.” I said.
“Very well.” God said. I went back to Diane.
“Hey Diane. I’m going back to earth. To live with Trinity.” I said.
“OH, that’s wonderful!” She said. “Say hello for me.”
“I would, but you may tell her soon enough for yourself.” I said.
“Splendid.” She said. 
"Splendid, that means she is about to die." Emery said.
"yes, her body is, but her soul will come here." said Diane. 
“Please say hello for me too.” Came a voice.
“Huh?” I asked turning around.
“Please, tell my wife and daughter that I love them and that my trip was a success, the gospel was presented to all, and 55 people were saved that day.” I noticed the man was Trinity’s earthly father.
“Sure thing Christopher.” I said. “Although she’ll be seeing you in a week.” I said.
“Really why?” He asked.
“It’s a long story, I will tell you all about it later.” God said to him.
“Great, thanks.” He said, he and Miss Diane went over and started talking with Noah, Adam, Eve, and Moses. Tomorrow came nice and quickly, especially since time doesn’t exist in Heaven.
“Son. May your earth time be glorifying to me, and may you not wander.”
“Yes father. Thank you so much again.” I said.
“Your welcome son.” He said. In a blink I was standing at Trinity’s front door.
 
 
Trinity
 
I walked up to the little church, went inside and started praying to God.
“Lord, help me to get through this, and even forget him if possible.” I sat in the little Church praying for a while and just sitting there.
______________________________________________________________________________
 
Emery
 
I walked up to her porch, and knocked. The door slowly came open.
“Hello?” Came the soft voice of Mrs. Grant.
“Hi Mrs. Grant is Trinity home?” I asked.
“EMERY!? Am I really seeing you?” She asked.
“Yes, it’s a long story.” I said.
“Uh huh.” She looked at me in bewilderment.
“Where’s Trinity?” I asked.
“Where she usually is, at your church up the road.” She said. “Please excuse me I have plans tonight with Mr. Breton.
“Oh, you’re seeing Riley Breton?” I asked her.
“Yes. He’s a nice fellow.” She said.
“Yes, I agree.” I said while running up the road. I finally reached the porch of the little church out of breath…it was nice. Usually I’m not out of breath. Any way I walked up and into the church.
______________________________________________________________________________
 
Trinity
 
I was sitting there praying when I heard some one run into the church. I turned around. I gasped.
“Emery?” I asked skeptically. “Am I seeing things?” I asked.
“No Trin, it’s really me.” He said. He ran to me. He kissed me. God is allowing me to live here with you. He told me everything.
“Also, your father says hello. I’ll tell you more when your mother gets home.” We walked back to my house and sat on the porch until my mom got back. We finally all went inside and Emery gave us my father’s and Miss Diane’s message.
“So Christopher’s trip was a success. That’s great.” My mom said. “Also Trinity…” My mom said, and held up her hand, on it was a very sparkly ring.
“MOM! That’s great!” I smiled. I couldn’t believe my mom was engaged.
“He finally asked.” My mother said.
“How long have you been going out?” Emery asked.
“Um, about 4 months.” She said.
“That’s great Mrs. Grant…or Mrs. Breton. HUH?” He laughed.
“Oh, Emery…I’ve missed you so much.” We went outside.
“I’ve missed you too. I never forgot you.” He said.
“Really?” I asked.
“Yeah, God let me remember you. I think this was my task, to stay with you, and prove God’s love to you through me.” He said.
“Sounds good to me.” I said. He gave that smile.
“Oh how I’ve missed that smile.” I said.
“Well I will smile nonstop until it gets tiring.” He said.
“You’re going to be smiling for a while.” I said.
“By the way, Isaiah and Paige are seeing each other.” I said.
“I know, Gabriel told me.” He said.
“Nice, like the archangel?” I asked.
“Yup." He said.
1 week later...
For the past week Emery held me tighter, smiled bigger, and just stared at me for hours.
"What is it with you emery?" I asked.
"Huh? Nothing, you are just pleasing to look at, and i enjoy holding you in my arms." he said simply enough.
"oh, well I enjoy staying in your arms, and looking at your smile." I said. Although Emery told thi sto me, because God had come to him and he knew that his week with me was up. I came home from the store on saturday and heard my mother with Emery.
"What do you mean time is up!? She's my daughter Emery!"
"I know, trust me I hate this too, but it's God...I can't argue with God, well I can but it's not a smart thing to do. I am very sorry Mrs. Grant."
"You're sorry!?" She yelled.
"Yes, I am." he said seriously.
"Can I say goodbye?" I heard her say. Although I was wondering what in the world they were taling about.
"Guys?" I asked them. My mother hugged me tight.
"I love you so much Trinity."
"What, it's not like I'm dying."
"No, of course not." she said. But that made me more suspicious.
"Mom? Are you ok?" My mother was softly crying.
"Yes, I'm fine. just know I love you ok?"
"Alright...you guys are really starting to scare me." I said as I put the groceries down.
"No, everything's just fine." said Emery with that nice smile I liked.
"I have a surprise for you Trinity." said Emery.
"Really?" I asked.
"Yes, let me take you somewhere." We walked out the door.
___________________________________________________________
                               Trinity's Mother's Take
There was a knock at the door. I opened it, and there was Emery.
"Hey Emery what's up? Trinity's at the store."
"I know Mrs. Grant, but I need to talk to you alone." He said very seriously.
"Well, alright. What's on your mind?" I asked.
"When I went back to Heaven, I couldn't get over Trinity. God granted me another week with her..."
"A week? so that would mean that you go back...TONIGHT! Oh Emery, you can't keep doing this to her. It's just wrong to do to a girl." 
"Mrs. Grant...that's the thing, She ahs to come back with me."
She dropped the glass of lemonade she was holding and glass went everywhere.
"Emery, this is not a funny joke...not humorous one bit!" She yelled.
"Mrs. Grant, it's no joke. You see she was supposed to die alot of times, when I was here on earth for the first time."
"Do you realize how you sound right now! You're telling me my daughter is about to die!" 
"I know but...she was going to Hell at first, and now she's going to Heaven. Which would you prefer?" He asked me. I couldn't believe what Emery was telling me. This was my daughter's last day on earth, and she didn't even know it. 
"Emery, please God has to give her more time! She's not even been married yet, or had children...Please." 
"I'm so sorry, but time is up for her..."
"What do you mean time is up!? she's my daughter Emery!" I yelled at him.
"Trust me I hate this too, but it's God...and I can't argue with God, well I can but it wouldn't be a smart thing to do. I'm very sorry Mrs. Grant."  
"You're sorry!?" I yelled at him.
"Yes, I am." He said taking a serious tone with me. I decided to give up arguing.
"Can I say goodbye..." Then Trinity walked in. As soon as she was here Emery was taking her away, he was taking my baby away and I knew that this would be the last time on earth I would see her again...she looked so beautiful today. They walked out the door.
___________________________________________________________
  Back to Trinity and Emery
"Ok Mr. Mysterious, where are you taking me?" I asked.
"To our spot." he said, and when he took off the blind fold there was the little church, rebuilt and beautiful.
"Oh Emery, it's beautiful." I said running inside. The inside was wonderful, new pews polished, new hymn books a new bright red carpet with simple windows with the setting sun coming through them, a new piano, and pulpit we there.
"Emery, it's absolutely gorgeous." I said. We sat there for awhile until it was dark and the moonlight replaced the suns. We were sitting in on e of the pews when I looked up at Emery.
"I want to get married in this church." I told him, as if to hint him a bit.
"That would be wonderful." He said a tear going down his cheek.
"Emery? Are you ok?" I asked noticing it.
"Hm, oh yeah I'm fine. I just like listening to your plans and ideas, all of them are wonderful plans." He said.
___________________________________________________________
                                       Emery's take
I sat there listening to her plans and ideas, knowin gdown inside that none of them were going to be fulfilled, and it hurt, it hurt so bad. I felt a tear go down my cheek. I had never cried before, it was an interesting experience. She asked if I was ok.
"Hm, oh yeah I'm fine. I ust like listening to your plans and Ideas, all of them are wonderful plans." I said still knowing full well knowing what was about to happen. What she said next almost killed me inside.
"It makes me wonder what wonderful tings God has instore for my life, or shall I say our life." She said smiling.
"Whatever it is, it'll be grand, I promise." I said a couple more tears falling. I leaned down and kissed her.
"I remember our first kiss." she said laughing.
"Yes, as do I. I kissd you so suddenly with the stupid reply of I thought that's what you wanted..." I couldn't speak.
"Emery, are you sure you're ok?" she asked.
"Yes, I've just never cried before."
"Oh, that's right. How's it feel?' Trinity asked.
"Wonderful." I said. It began to get really late.
__________________________________________________________
        Trinity
It must be weird to have never cried before. I just thought about all of the firsts for him while being here on earth. His first day of school, crush, love, kiss, anger, sadness...how strange.
"Emery, do you love me?" I asked knowing how stupid a question that was.
"Yes, of course I do." He replied. Emery had been actin greally different this past week.
"Would you ever want to ya know...oh never mind."
"What, I want to know..." he said.
"Never mind, I'll see if you get it." Later that night around 11 He turned to me while I was laying against him with his arms around me he finally asked as I drifted off.
___________________________________________________________
       Emery
"Trinity?" I asked her crying softly.
"Yes Emery?" She replied while nodding off.
"Marry me?" I asked her, I didn't get a reply.
"Trin?" I asked crying..."Marry me?" But I didn't get a reply that night. Instead she fell asleep in my arms, and woke up in glory.
 
 
    Fin*


© 2010 Harmony Grace


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

she just did, I don't know how she died, use your imagination...you missed the point...she died in his arms, just went to sleep, natural causes I guess

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wonderful but what did whe die of???

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 9, 2009
Last Updated on April 15, 2010


Author

Harmony Grace
Harmony Grace

About
really want to be an actressdirector, but I also really love to write! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Harmony Grace


Avery Avery

A Book by Harmony Grace