Game of Polo Highlighted At The Finals Of The HVR Baroda Polo Cup Tournament

Game of Polo Highlighted At The Finals Of The HVR Baroda Polo Cup Tournament

A Book by Harshavardhan
"

The ball was set rolling with an exhibition match between Maharaja Fateh Singh Gaekwad sports foundation and HVR Baroda Cup teams. Some of India’s finest polo players participated in the event.

"

No Chapters


© 2015 Harshavardhan


Author's Note

Harshavardhan

November 7th, 2015 at the Jaipur Polo Grounds in Delhi, that Polo, the game of the kings was highlighted as one of the most popular outdoor sports played by members of the elite societies. The event was the finals of the HVR Baroda Polo Cup tournament, 2015, a tournament being played annually for the past several years. It was hosted by the Princess of the Royal Gaekwad family, Asharaje Gaekwad and harshavardhan Reddy, in the presence of dignitaries which included the Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson and Neelam Pratap Reddy, who was spotted wearing a Tilak.



Other personalities present at the first match of the fall winter polo season were Jyotiraditya Madhavrao Scindia, MP, Designer Reynu Taandon, Cricket commentator Gautam Bhimani, Rajeshwari Raj Laxmi from Jaiselmer, designer Pawan Sachdev , Dr. Pravej Ali Ahmed, Jewelry designer Pooja Vaswani , Interior designer Parull Mahajan, and others of the political circle of Jaipur, who are keen followers of the game.



The ball was set rolling with an exhibition match between Maharaja Fateh Singh Gaekwad sports foundation and HVR Baroda Cup teams. Some of India’s finest polo players participated in the event, which was a grand success in making the game of polo more popular. The exhibition match was followed by the finals of the hvr Baroda Polo Cup tournament, 2015 between teams of Jindal Panther and Sona Polo.



Mr. Simran Shergill, Mr. Miguel Saravia, Naveen Jindal, and Mr. Pratap Singh Kanota represented Jindal Panther, and Mr. Sunjay Kapoor, Mr. Bhawani Singh Kalvi, Mr. Salim Azmi, and Mr. Abhimanyu Pathak were the players representing Sona Polo. The game ended with a score sheet of 8-5 in favor of Jindal Panther, although the defeat of Sona Polo was not at all an ignonimous one. It was played in a royale spirit, which made the event at the Jaipur Polo Grounds, New Delhi a spectacular one.



Polo is a sport that has been followed by the royal blood for years together, and to make this game more popular, Princess Asharaje Gaekwad and harshavardhan reddy are the two key personalities shouldering the responsibilities of making more people attracted to Polo. Sarah Ferguson was appreciated for her closeness to this game, while she said that she was a keen follower of the game since his father played polo, and she used to watch him play very often.



Some of the great pics taken by news persons can be seen online at http://photogallery.malayalam.samayam.com/events/delhi/hvr-baroda-cup-polo-tournament/articleshow/49780288.cms http://photogallery.telugu.samayam.com/events/delhi/hvr-baroda-cup-polo-tournament/articleshow/49780283.cms
http://www.askmeonfashion.com/whats-new/dresses/hvr-baroda-polo-cup-tournament-2015.



The country takes this opportunity to thank all those who have been part of the tournament on and off the field for promoting the royal game of Polo.



Harsha HVR popularly known as Harshavardhan Delhi in personal life is the chairman of the Aura Group. Aura has made a global mark for itself as being the largest educational group worldwide.

My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

451 Views
Added on December 25, 2015
Last Updated on December 25, 2015
Tags: harshavardhan, harshavardhan hvr, harsha vardhan, harsh, harsh vardhan, harsh aura, hvr