Watching

Watching

A Story by Mad_Hatter56
"

One of my first attempts at writing a creepy short story

"
Always watching.
Behind the jackets, sweatshirts, and whatever else maybe hanging in your closet, pressed against the back at night. Peering out from under your bed in the morning. Five steps behind you as you run errands during the day; always watching.
I find you amusing and interesting. Every so often I make my presence known. I move just barely on the borders of your peripheral vision, and speak just quietly enough to catch your attention. I do it to test and play with your mentality. And because it's my only joy in the world.
I remember watching you when you were young. That's when I would have the most fun. I used to love seeing you there with your blankets pulled up to your face, as if that could protect you. I loved the smell of your fear, dripping off of you like the sweat I caused to form on your tiny, frail human body. The sound of your little bones clattering as you shivered with terror and you puny heart beating quick as a rabbits' were music to my ears. And when you would scream for your parents to save you from the monster in your closet? It was almost enough to make me giggle with glee!
And even now, with you all grown up, after all these years, I still find myself watching you. It's almost endearing, seeing how vulnerable and unaware you are, curled up in your bed, dreaming away as if death wasn't standing right next your bedside.
Do you realise how easily I could take you up from that bed and snap you in two? How I could tear the flesh from your bones without even breaking a sweat? How little strength it would take to rip your head off with my claws and use your skull as a bowl for your organs?
But, of course, I wont. There's no fun, no enjoyment in simply killing you.
No, for now, I will simply observe.
I am content with merely watching.

© 2013 Mad_Hatter56


Author's Note

Mad_Hatter56
This is my first attempt at a short horror story. Please go easy on me :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
K.G
:3 Iike what where ur heading. And I see what ur trying to do. But its a little bit on the poetic side(wich is not a bad thing cause I do that too.) But try lessen the poetry and make it more into a story :3 (I'm referring to the flow, either that or I am really tired and it just sounds like a poetic horror story/nursery rhyme/grimms tale @.@) Igive u a jack shape sugar cookie tho cause it is awsome :3.and it s pretty good foryour first try)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
K.G
:3 Iike what where ur heading. And I see what ur trying to do. But its a little bit on the poetic side(wich is not a bad thing cause I do that too.) But try lessen the poetry and make it more into a story :3 (I'm referring to the flow, either that or I am really tired and it just sounds like a poetic horror story/nursery rhyme/grimms tale @.@) Igive u a jack shape sugar cookie tho cause it is awsome :3.and it s pretty good foryour first try)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very nice read :) especially for your first.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 19, 2013
Last Updated on September 19, 2013

Author

Mad_Hatter56
Mad_Hatter56

Snellville, GA



About
Hmmm...What can I say about me? I love to write. Poetry, short stories, books, anything. I also love to read, and if you need someone to read your stuff, for critique or proof reading, I'm your guy .. more..

Writing