Chapter 2: Ian

Chapter 2: Ian

A Chapter by Mad_Hatter56
"

Written by: Tangie Hanigan

"
    ‘I can’t be late for school.’ Was my last thought before hell broke loose.
    I heard screaming and turned around to see students and teachers running out of every exit of the school. From behind me, Angel muttered a small, "D****t" before running past me towards the school.
    "Wait!" I shouted, but he either didn't hear me, or ignored me. 'What the hell is he doing?' I thought to myself as I ran after him. I pushed through a sea of familiar faces until I finally made it to him. I grabbed his arm and pulled.
    "Angel, we have to get out of here!" I yelled at him.
    "I can't, Ian, there are still people in there!" He shouted back over the throng of screaming teenagers and teachers. I took a look at the brick high school in front of us. It looked like it normally did, huge and uninviting. I noticed something in the windows.
    Faces.
    Horrible faces with glossy pitch black skin and bright white eyes with tiny black pupils looked directly at me through their greasy, long white hair.
    "Oh my God, Angel, what are those?" I asked, not being able to look away from them.
    "Hunters." He replied. "Demons sent here to kill me." I turned to look at Angel. I admired the way he stared back at the creatures without so much as an inkling of fear in his amazing, hazel eyes. At that moment, I just wanted to turn to him, to bury my face in his wild, long brown hair and wish the demons away....
    'Not now,' I thought to myself. I looked down and realized I was still holding onto his arm, and quickly let go. I turned my attention back to the school.
    I just about screamed.
    Standing not even three feet ahead were four of those things Angel had called ‘Hunters.’ They were about six feet tall each, wearing dirty, tattered pieces of cloth; that looked as though they might fall into dust at any minute. They had gnarled, hands, with claws on each hand that appeared to be sharp enough to cut through metal. They glared at Angel, snarling and growling, clawed hands clenching and unclenching.
    "Angel, what do we do?" I asked, unable to hide my fear.
    "'We' don't do anything," he said as he turned to me. He grabbed his bag from off his shoulder and handed it to me, and started taking off his sweater. "You are going to take this bag, and you're going to run."
    "What?" I couldn't believe what he was saying! Was he telling me to just leave him here to fend off the monsters by himself? "I don't think so."
    "Ian,” He said, sounding a little irritated, “now is not the time to be stubborn." He pulled a small stick from his jeans pocket. "You need to go, I'm staying here to fight, and try to save whoever else is still inside."
    "You're going to fight them off with a stick?!" I asked in disbelief. "Angel, I don't think that's going to work."
    Angel shook his head and smiled. He held the stick out in front of him, and pressed a tiny button on the side. I watched in disbelief as the four inch piece of wood that he just had in his hand turned into a six foot tall staff.
    "Keep that bag safe, I'm going to need it after this," He said, turning to the demons. "And, please, be careful."
    With that, Angel leapt into action.



© 2013 Mad_Hatter56


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
K.G
I noticed something in the windows (i would add something to this, like maybe something that inclines that something out of the normal caught his eye when he noticed something in the window side note:srry, im kinda detailed in my stuff V.V) Again, just brush threw this :D its getting exciteing. . .best "angel" v.s demon book i have read so far XD

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
K.G
I noticed something in the windows (i would add something to this, like maybe something that inclines that something out of the normal caught his eye when he noticed something in the window side note:srry, im kinda detailed in my stuff V.V) Again, just brush threw this :D its getting exciteing. . .best "angel" v.s demon book i have read so far XD

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 9, 2013
Last Updated on January 9, 2013


Author

Mad_Hatter56
Mad_Hatter56

Snellville, GA



About
Hmmm...What can I say about me? I love to write. Poetry, short stories, books, anything. I also love to read, and if you need someone to read your stuff, for critique or proof reading, I'm your guy .. more..

Writing
Watching Watching

A Story by Mad_Hatter56