Chapter 11:Angel

Chapter 11:Angel

A Chapter by Mad_Hatter56
"

Written by: Tyler Stafford

"
What did he mean, 'take this one off'?! Jack has never kept me from doing an important mission, and all of a sudden he decides I need a break?
    I'm pacing around my room, trying to figure why Jack won't let me partake in the assignment, when I heard a knock at my door.
    "It's only six thirty!" I shouted, annoyed. "Nobody is supposed to bother me until at LEAST seven!"
    The knock came again, this time with Chris's voice. "Angel? It's me, can we talk?"
    I sighed and mumbled, "Come in." Chris walked through the self opening door, and closed it behind him before making his way over to his bed to sit down. I continued to pace until I realized Chris was watching me without saying anything.
    "Yes?" I snapped.
    "Just wanted to check up on you," he said, stretching out his legs. "Jack came to me with an assignment to stop Silus before he found something, so I figured you must be sick or something."
    "I'm not sick," I growled, continuing to pace.
    "Oh," said Chris, now stretching his arms. He stopped for a minute, and then looked at me. "Did you get in trouble?"
    I stopped pacing and glared at him. "No, I didn't get in trouble!"
    "Well then why would Jack give this assignment to me?" he wondered out loud. A wide, confident smile spread across his face as a thought popped into his head. "Maybe he thinks I'm better than you."
     I stared at him in disbelief for a minute before pointing to the door. "Chris, I would kindly appreciate it if you'd leave now."
    Chris looked at me. "Why, jealous?" he sneered.
    I let out a low growl, and then put my hand to my said with my palm pointing at the ground. Out of a swirl of Darkness appeared a large Hunter, who growled and snarled at Chris until he stood up and made his way to the door.
    "Alright, alright man, chill," he said, opening the door and leaving.
    I sighed, and willed the Hunter away before flopping down on my bed.
    "Maybe I do need a break," I muttered to myself. "I am getting kinda antsy."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Concentrate," I said slowly. "Clear your mind, and let nothing but power flow through your hand."
    Ian scrunched his face up in concentration, his hand raised as he tried catch the fanged dummy a few feet in front of him on fire. I couldn't help but smile, thinking of times I had seen that face when Ian couldn't figure something out. I quickly wiped the smile from my face and continued talking to him in a slow, calming voice.
    Earlier today, Ian had come to me to tell me that he would like to stay with the Academy, on the condition that I would be the one to teach him. I agreed, and now here we are. I've tried to teach him how to use Water, Earth, and Air, but to no avail. We're trying out fire now, and so much, not even a hint of smoke has made itself evident.
    Ian let his hand drop in defeat and turned to me. "It's no use, we've been at this for hours, and nothing's happened," he said in disappointment. "Maybe magick isn't for me?"
    I gripped the bridge of my nose with my forefinger and thumb, thinking. "Everybody has the ability to perform magick," I muttered. "Some people just have a knack for different element."
    "Okay, then what should we try next?"
    I sighed and put my hand down. "I don't know, how about Light?"
    Ian nodded and prepared himself.
    "Alright, now, think of the happiest memory you can. It doesn't matter what it is," I told him. In my own head, I thought of when we were together, when I was the happiest I had ever been. I forced the thought from my head, and focused on the task at hand. "Now, imagine moving from the spot you're standing in, to a different point in the room."
    For a while, nothing happened, and I was about ready to give up completely, when I saw the starts of a bright white light beginning to appear from Ian's fingertips. A few seconds later, a blinding flash of light filled the room, and Ian was standing on the other side. He opened his eyes wide, and looked at me.
    "I did it!" He said. "I did magick!"
    "Yes you did," I said, smiling at him. "Very good."
    The sound of clapping filled the air, and I turned to see Jack watching us.
    "Well done, Mr. Stewart," he said, still clapping. "Well done indeed."
    Jack smiled at both of us, and then headed for the exit.
    "Wait!"I shouted, running after him. He turned and looked at me.
    "Yes, Angel?"
    "I was, um, wondering if you've heard anything from Chris and his team yet," I told him.
    He rested a hand on my shoulder. "Angel, you don't need to worry about the assignment," he said.
    "But Jack-"
    "No 'buts', Angel. I didn't want you going on this mission for a reason, now please, stop talking about."    
    I nodded and turned to Ian.
    "Alright," Istarted, listening for the sound of the door clicking behind Jack. "How would you like to go on a field trip?"


© 2013 Mad_Hatter56


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on January 11, 2013
Last Updated on January 11, 2013


Author

Mad_Hatter56
Mad_Hatter56

Snellville, GA



About
Hmmm...What can I say about me? I love to write. Poetry, short stories, books, anything. I also love to read, and if you need someone to read your stuff, for critique or proof reading, I'm your guy .. more..

Writing
Watching Watching

A Story by Mad_Hatter56