Chapter 1:Angel

Chapter 1:Angel

A Chapter by Mad_Hatter56
"

Written by:Tyler Stafford

"
    I'm looking around nervously, seeing if anybody I actually care for is on this bus. So far, I see nobody. Thank God. This day is going to be hard enough without having to look after someone. I sigh and relax a little, sinking down a bit on the uncomfortable school bus seat. I want to stare out the window, but of course, with my being the last stop, I don't usually get a choice in where I can seat.
    Hopefully after this, I wont have to see South Kitsap High School ever again, or  Port Orchard, and move with my work. I let a small smile escape my lips at this thought, and wait patiently for the torturous bus ride to end.
    The bus is pulling into it's designated parking zone when I hear him.
    Ian Stewart.
    D****t, how did I miss him? He must have been slinking behind the seat in front of him. Of course, this shouldn't make things too difficult, he usually skips school anyway.
    I climb of the bus and hang behind everyone else. Ian climbs off and passes by me without noticing I was there. I sneak up behind him and gently tap his shoulder, and he turns around, almost as if to yell at me. I smile shyly, and hold up the pack of Marlboro's I had in my pocket.
    "Conversation for a cigarette?" I ask quietly, offering the open pack out to him. He looks at it suspiciously before taking a cigarette.
    "Fine," he said. "But let's make it quick, I got to get to class."
    I nod, wondering when he ever started worrying about school, and turn to lead us around the huge brick building and through the student parking lot. We weave through the student cars, and exit through the little gap in the gate at the other end, stopping at what the students here call "The Smoking Tree."
    I lean against the tree and light my cigarette with my Zippo, before turning to Ian, offering the flame. Ian ignores me and pulls out a slightly beaten up red Bic. I pocket the Zippo and glance at my watch. 4 minutes, I think to myself. Not too bad, I just have to keep him talking until then.
    I take my eyes away from my watch and sneak a peek at my company. God, how I've missed him. His beautiful brown hair may have been cut, but his gorgeous blue eyes still shown as bright as they always have. I watch as he lifts the Marb to his lips and takes a drag, closing his eyes as he savors the bitter smoke, and I can't help but think about how we used to be.
    No, stop that, my brain tells me. This is a mission, you can't be thinking about that at a time like this.
    "So, erm, how have you been?" I ask, trying to sound casual.
    "Fine," Ian replied, obviously not to interested in conversation.
    "That's good." I glance at my watch again, and nearly fell over when I saw that I had already wasted two and half minutes thinking about Ian, and we had a minute and a half before things went to hell. "So, how about we skip our first class and go get something to eat?"
    Ian dropped his cigarette on the ground and stomped it out, turning back to the school. "I can't Angel, I have to get to class."
    "Oh, come one, when have you ever been worried about getting to class?" I say, counting down in my head. 45 seconds left, you can do it, stall him.
    "Since the last time I went to Juvie for skipping." He was starting to walk towards the school.
    15 seconds. "Wait, Ian, please, come with me." I lightly grab his arm, trying to turn him around. 10 seconds.
    "No, Ang-"
    The last of what he was saying was quickly drowned out by the sounds of hundreds of screams coming from behind him.
    Well, you manged to stall him at least.



© 2013 Mad_Hatter56


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this. Doesn't make sense (not yet anyways) but it's a good start

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
K.G
I don't usually get a choice in where I can seat(sit instead?) I climb of the bus and hang behind everyone else(off the bus, and change hang to something else maybe? like linger or something?) umm i would just lightly reread throught the rest, other then that im really likeing the story thus far :3


Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 9, 2013
Last Updated on January 9, 2013


Author

Mad_Hatter56
Mad_Hatter56

Snellville, GA



About
Hmmm...What can I say about me? I love to write. Poetry, short stories, books, anything. I also love to read, and if you need someone to read your stuff, for critique or proof reading, I'm your guy .. more..

Writing
Watching Watching

A Story by Mad_Hatter56