Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 10: Jack

Chapter 10: Jack

A Chapter by Mad_Hatter56
"

Written by: Tangie Hanigan

"
   ‘That was close,’ I thought, almost running down the hall from Angel’s bedroom. ‘He can’t know what’s going on. Not yet, that is.’
Glancing at my watch, it read 5:45 a.m.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ian:
    My eyes flew open and I shot up in bed.
    My alarm clock, of course. ‘Well, at least Angel warned me.’ I thought. Thinking Angel’s name, reminded me of my dream.
    It was around this time last year when we had been together. The thought made my heart squeeze, but I couldn’t help it. Things were so different last year; and just when I thought I was over him, he pulls me back.
    I sighed.
    It wasn’t good to think about this. Not now; not when things have gone to hell. ‘I almost died yesterday!’ My mind screamed at me; but no matter, I still loved Angel.
    The knock on my door interrupted my thoughts.
    “Come in,” I yawned.
    “Good morning, bro’! Ready for your first day?” My sister asked closing the door behind her.
    “Yeah, just tired.” Then I look at what she’s wearing: a light pink V-neck tee shirt with blue jeans, and black, leather stilettos. Her brown long hair was curled perfectly. She usually looked nice, but I think she got all Dolled-Up, because it was her first day as well; and she liked to make an impression. “Wow, Cloe. You look nice today.”
    She smiled at me, “Thank you, Ian! I love these shoes! They’re amazing.” She then walked over to my closet and started picking out clothes for me to wear.
    “Um, Cloe? I’m pretty sure I can dress myself.”
    “Oh, hush! It’s your first day! Plus, you’re going to be seeing a whole lot of Angel,” She said his name all flirty and girly like.
    Getting out of bed, I grabbed the clothes she picked up and went into the bathroom to change.
    Moments later, I walk back into my bedroom to find Cloe sitting on my bed, listening to some of my CDs. When she looked up, she smiled. “You look great, Ian!”
    I was wearing a light blue tee shirt and dark blue jeans; nothing fancy.
    “Come on, let’s go! Or we’re going to be late!” She jumped off my bed and pulled me to the door.
    "Cloe, wait!"I cried, yanking my arm out of her hand. "I don't even know if I want to be here!"
    "Don't be silly!"She said. "This place is amazing! Why wouldn't you want to be here?"
    I sighed and sat down on my bed. I told her about everything that went on between Angel and I, keeping my eyes firmly adjusted to the floor through the whole story. When I was done, I look up my sister, who seemed to be deep in thought.
    "Do you see why now?" I asked.
    "Maybe I should've worn the flats," she said out loud to herself.
    "You weren't even listening to me!"
    "Of course I was Ian," she said with a sigh. "I just think you're getting all worked up over nothing."
    I shrugged and shifted my attention back to the floor.
    "Honey," Cloe started, kneeling down in front of me and taking my hands in hers. "Angel loves you, that much it completely obvious, you just have to show him how you feel, make yourself as clear as he is, you know."
    I looked up at her and smiled. "Like you made yourself clear with that Charlie guy?"
    "Ugh!" She dropped my hands and stood up. "Don't even mention him! Now come one, let's go find some food in this place."




© 2013 Mad_Hatter56


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on January 11, 2013
Last Updated on January 11, 2013


Author

Mad_Hatter56
Mad_Hatter56

Snellville, GA



About
Hmmm...What can I say about me? I love to write. Poetry, short stories, books, anything. I also love to read, and if you need someone to read your stuff, for critique or proof reading, I'm your guy .. more..

Writing
Watching Watching

A Story by Mad_Hatter56