Chapter 4:Ian

Chapter 4:Ian

A Chapter by Mad_Hatter56
"

Written by:Tangie Hanigan

"
      With my eyes shut, I heard voices.
    At least three of them.
    "That's all he said, Lexi,'you'll just have to find out.'" I know that voice! That was Angel's voice.
    "Well, that's not helpful," Came a gruff male voice. I'm guessing that's not Lexi.
    "Oh, yeah, because Silus is going to be helpful towards us," a female voice said. Probably Lexi.
    "Hold," said Angel, getting a bit closer. "I think he's waking up."
    Damn, no point in hiding it now. I opened my eyes, and found myself staring straight into Angel's hazel ones. Behind him was a burly man that looked to be about twenty or so, with curly blond hair and bright green eyes. Standing beside him was a young, petite Asian girl with long, straight black hair and pretty brown eyes. I turned back to Angel, who was now smiling.
    "What happened?" I asked quietly.
    "You fainted after Silus grabbed you," Angel explained. "I brought you back to the Academy."
    "Academy?" I asked looking around. It looked like a hospital to me.
    "Harry Price Academy for the Hunting of Demons," said the burly blond.
    "Oh," I said. "Of course that's where I am."
    Angel smiled and turned to the other two in the room. "Chris, Lexi, could you give us a minute?"
    "Alright, Angel," said the girl, Lexi. "Come on Chris, Jack wanted to talk to us anyway."
    The two shut the door behind them, leaving Angel and I alone. I sat up and stared at Angel. "Well, you gonna explain what this is about?"
    "Oh, right, yes," Angel started. He cleared his throat and spread his arms. "Welcome, the secret location of the Harry Price Academy for the Hunting of Demons!"
    I looked at him, hoping to send beams of doubt out of my eyes. "Okay,” I said slowly. “Who's Harry Price?"
    "You know I'm not goo at explaining things..."
    "Ok, how long have I been here?" "About,” Angel drags the word as he checks his watch, "four hours."
    "And why am I here?"
    "Because we believe Silus has plans for you."
    "Who's Silus?"
    "Silus the Controller is a very powerful demon," said a voice from behind me. "And if you're part of his plans, then you are in grave danger."
    I turned around to find a tall, serious looking man standing behind me. He had blond, cropped hair streaked with gray and steel-colored eyes. He looked to be in his mid-thirties, and had a small goatee the same color as his hair. He sent a small smile my way, and nodded to Angel.
    "Ian, this Jack Reed, the Head of Harry Price Academy," Angel told me.
    "Hello, Ian Stewart," Jack greeted me, walking over to take my hand.
    "Hi," I said nervously. "Would you be able to explain to me what exactly this place is?"
    Jack smiled and nodded. "Of course, I would.”
    “The Harry Price Academy is one of four schools founded by the British psychical researcher, Harry Price when he was 15, shortly after conducting his experiments on Poltergeist phenomena and discovering that are more dangerous beings out there then spirits created by anger. The students here have been trained from a young age to hunt and Vanquish the darkest forces that are out there."
    "Most of us are orphans whose parents have been killed by demonic forces, or kids that have been sent here by parents that were also Demon Hunters," Angel added.
    Jack nodded, "Precisely, or kids that have encounter demons themselves."
    "What if I don't want to be a part of this Academy?" I asked.
    "You don't have to if you don't want to," The Head replied with a shrug. "But, until Silus' plans are put to an end, I'm afraid you won’t be able to leave the safety of these walls."
    "But, what about my sister? She'll be worried that I haven't come home."
    Angel turned to Jack. "Ian's right. We should send a group to Ian's, and tell his sister what's happening."
    "Naturally," Jack said, looking up at Angel. "Would you like to go, Angel? You can take Lexi and Chris with you."
    Angel nodded, and started heading out of the room.
    "Wait!" I called for him. I turned to Jack. "I want to go too."
    Jack looked at me hesitantly for a moment. "I don't think that would be wise, Mr. Stewart."
    "I don't care, it's my sister," I argued, my attention shifting to Angel. "Take me with you." I nearly begged.
    Angel looked at Jack, who shrugged. "I suppose you can take him with you, but make sure you keep an eye on him at all times."
    Angel nodded. "Well, come on then."



© 2013 Mad_Hatter56


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on January 9, 2013
Last Updated on January 11, 2013


Author

Mad_Hatter56
Mad_Hatter56

Snellville, GA



About
Hmmm...What can I say about me? I love to write. Poetry, short stories, books, anything. I also love to read, and if you need someone to read your stuff, for critique or proof reading, I'm your guy .. more..

Writing
Watching Watching

A Story by Mad_Hatter56