Chapter 7: Angel

Chapter 7: Angel

A Chapter by Mad_Hatter56
"

Written by: Tyler Stafford

"
"Over are the other three housing halls, the one on the right are for new comers, the ones on the left are for kids who leave everyday(they get their own rooms for their studies) and in the middle are where the experienced kids who stay all year round stay," I explained, pointing out the designated hallways.
    "Who does your hallway house?" Ian asked.
    "That hall holds Jack and I, and important guests. Kids who have been here for as long as they can remember stay in our hallway, it's sort of a respect thing."
    "Well, aren't you special?" Ian asked sarcastically.
    "Why, yes," I responded, as if this obvious. "Yes I am! Shall we continue?"
    As I showed Ian around the Academy, I found I couldn't stop staring at him. I spent so much time in the past year trying to forget about us, and then here he is, in the flesh. It's like the world is teasing me, showing me somebody that would never take me back. Screw you world.
    "Over here is the Library, which is probably my favorite room," I said, grabbing onto the door's handle. Even on this side of the heavy oak door, I could feel the power of each book's magick secrets filling the air. "This is where I spent most of my time growing up."
    I opened the door, and smiled when I heard Ian gasp beside. He expressed in that gasp exactly how I feel whenever I open that door. Inside the room were millions of books; in shelves, on top of tables, even stacked as tall as a Hunter on the floor. I watched as books zoomed across the Library, and land opened in front of students who needed them, and when they were finished, they flit right back to their designated spot on it shelf. I turned to Ian, who was staring wide-eyed at all the activity in such a quiet room.
    "Holy crap..." he managed to get out.
    "I know," I said smiling. "That's how I feel every time I walk in here."
    "Can we stay in here?" He asked. A book took itself off the shelf across the room, and planted itself in front of Ian, who picked it up. "'A Beginner's Guide to Demon Hunting,'" he read, looking up at me.
    "The Library always knows exactly what you need, even if you didn't know you needed it," I said, as a book nudged it's way into my own hand. I glanced at the cover('How to Get Your Dream Guy with 10 Easy Spells') and shooed it away before Ian could a good look at. "Most of the time, anyways."
    I took the book from Ian's hand and held it to my mouth. "Check out, please," I muttered, then opened the book to see the due date that had been written by an invisible pen on the inside, and handed it to Ian. "Make sure to bring it back in two weeks," I said, leading him out of the room.
    "So, we've covered housing, the Library, the Training Grounds, where to next..." I started, thinking.
    "Angel?," Ian asked. "You mentioned that you and the rest of the demon hunters use magick, as well as weapons, right?"
    "Perfect question!" I exclaimed, grabbing his hand and leading down the hallway. "We'll visit the Casting Room!"
    After a few twists and turns, I stopped us in front of a huge steel door. "Now, before we go on, I have to ask you to be quiet in here. It takes a lot of concentration to use magick, and if we lose our concentration, someone could get hurt, alright?" Ian nodded and we stepped inside.
    Again, Ian couldn't help but gasp. In the room was a large group of students, split into six sections. On the center of the far wall in front of the room was a small group of three, completely engulfed in flames. In the right hand corner of the same wall were two students passing a large book back and forth to each other without using their hands. In the left corner, four kids were lifting rocks out of the ground, simply by glaring at them. Directly in front of us was like a small pool, held up with invisible wall, with one kid inside, lounging on a inflatable raft. To the right of us was a blinding white light, and we watched as three students materialized out of nowhere. And finally, and the left, another two students were practicing summoning Hunters.
    "In the Academy, we use six elements as the basis for our magick," I whispered to Ian. "There are, of course, the original four, Fire, Water, Earth, and Air, and then there are the ones that balance those four out, to make the others manageable, Light, and Dark."
    "Dark?" Ian whispered back, staring at the group summoning the Hunters. "Is that evil?"
    "It all depends on the person using the element," I replied. "Dark magick have very powerful spells that we demon hunters often use when we're fighting."
    "Angel, would you be able to teach me how to use magick?" Ian asked, turning to look me in the eye.
    I shrugged at him. "If you were willing to join the Academy, I suppose I could."
    Ian looked as if he was about to say something, when the door of the Casting Room flew open, and Chris stepped in. He apologised to the irritated students whose concentration he had just messed up, before turning to me.
    "Angel, Jack needs you," he said in an urgent voice. "He says it's important.



© 2013 Mad_Hatter56


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on January 9, 2013
Last Updated on January 11, 2013


Author

Mad_Hatter56
Mad_Hatter56

Snellville, GA



About
Hmmm...What can I say about me? I love to write. Poetry, short stories, books, anything. I also love to read, and if you need someone to read your stuff, for critique or proof reading, I'm your guy .. more..

Writing
Watching Watching

A Story by Mad_Hatter56