Chapter 3: Angel

Chapter 3: Angel

A Chapter by Mad_Hatter56
"

Written by:Tyler Stafford

"
Fighting Hunters?
    Piece of cake. I mean, everything usually is when you've been training for it since you were four, like the piano, or a foreign language.
    In no time at all, the four demons had been Vanquished, and I hadn't even broken a sweat. Keeping the staff in full form, I turned to see if I could find out which direction Ian had headed with my bag.
    I didn't have to look far.
    I watched as Ian ran up the stairs to the high school, my bag in hand, and slip through the front doors.
    "Of course," I muttered to myself as I ran to the school myself, feeling highly irritated. "Of course he didn't listen to me, when has he ever listened to me?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inside, the school was in complete disorder. Backpacks, books, and miscellaneous papers where scattered everywhere. Tables had been upturned, chairs had been used to barricade doors. 'Reminds me of my last day of every other school I went to,' I thought to myself.
    "IAN!" I shouted, hoping to get some answer. In the hallway to the left of me, I heard scuffling and shouting. I run towards the sound and find Ian, hugging my bag to his chest, staring wide-eyed at the tall man in front of him.
    Instantly, I recognized the man. The waist length red hair and dirty black long coat brought back terrible memories I constantly had to hide away. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves and stepped forward.
    "Step away from him," I said with false confidence. Ian took his eyes from the tall man, and switched them over to me, a brief moment of relief flitting over his face. I gestured for him to run, but he shook his head, and stayed where he was.
    The tall man also noticed me. He turned around, a broad smile spread across his pale skinned face, showing the sharp teeth that have haunted my nightmares since I was little. His dark violet eyes shone brightly, like a purple flame.
    "Angel," he said in his deep, unsettling voice.
    "Silus," I replied, glaring at the man.
    "Oh, little Angel, it's been too long!" Silus outstretched his arm as if he expected a hug.
    "Not long enough, Silus." I made a small gesture to Ian, beckoning for him to run, practically pleading silently. Again, Ian shook his. But, instead of staying put, he started to make his way towards me.
    Silus noticed Ian's movement out of the corner of his eye, and his wide smile grew even wider. He whirled around and outstretched his index finger. Ian was lifted off the ground by invisible hands.
    I ran forward, lifting my staff in offense. "Leave him alone Silus!" I shouted, lifting the staff above my head.
    The demon turned halfway and outstretched his other hand. I was pushed back against the far end of the hallway by an unseen force, and slammed into the lockers that were bolted to the wall.
    "Now now Angel, you shouldn't just rush into battle like that!" Silus said, walking towards me, dragging Ian along with him. "I could've killed you!"
    "Why don't you?" I grunted, grimacing with pain. I think I broke a few ribs.
    Silus chuckled. "Because, then I my plans for you would fall to waste, and we can't have that, now, can we?"
    "Plans?" I ask as I pull myself to my feet. "What plans?"
    The demon's smile grew sinister. He let Ian fall to the floor, who had fainted while still suspended in mid-air.
    "You'll just have to find out, wont you?"
    With those last words, Silus vanished in a small cloud of sulpherous black smoke. I collapse my staff and shove the stick in my pocket as I walk over to Ian.
    "We gotta get you somewhere safe," I say quietly as I pick him up, and then my bag. "If he didn't kill you, then you must be a part of his plans too."



© 2013 Mad_Hatter56


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on January 9, 2013
Last Updated on January 9, 2013


Author

Mad_Hatter56
Mad_Hatter56

Snellville, GA



About
Hmmm...What can I say about me? I love to write. Poetry, short stories, books, anything. I also love to read, and if you need someone to read your stuff, for critique or proof reading, I'm your guy .. more..

Writing
Watching Watching

A Story by Mad_Hatter56