Lost In Mafia Trouble

Lost In Mafia Trouble

A Story by Heartful5160
"

This was a piece I had to do in my creative writing class and just thought I share it.

"

     My name is Renee`, thirty two years old, and I’m married to my husband, Craig. Craig is not only ahead of the mafia that he runs, but he’s also the deacon at our church that we attend every Sunday. I know that those are definitely not a good pair to put together, but it’s okay. We do a pretty good job at keeping it on the low and keeping it quiet. “Do you think that you could handle going out today, to get my money?” he asked. We were sitting in the kitchen, at the kitchen table, eating lunch. I looked up from my plate and looked at him with concern. Did he think I could do this? Did he think I was built for this? “ Well, who’s the guy?” I wondered.

“ He’s a new one. He owes money, that I’ve loaned him,” he explained.

“Oh’ well, I guess I could.”

“ Good. Now, I think that you can handle him, but if you can’t there’s a gun in the car and I’ll send Rylin with you, all for protection.”

“ Where am I supposed to be meeting this guy at?”

“ Under the bridge, downtown.”

“ Okay, when should I leave?”

“ In the next thirty minutes. He said that he’ll be waiting for you down there.”

“ Okay, well I’ll leave right now.”

“ Great,” I got up from the table and went upstairs to grab Rylin and we left the house.


       I drove up to the destination, and found the guy there. He was standing next to his car, with a silver briefcase in his hand. I walked up to him and left Rylin in the car, “ Hi, I’m Mrs. Arlins. I’m Craig Arlin's wife. He sent me to pick up his money for him,” I explained.

“ How come you have to come, instead of him?” he wondered.

“Because he just couldn’t make it.”

“ Then, do I really know that you’re his wife?”

“ Since, I’m getting a strange feeling that you’re trying to cause trouble with me, would you like for me to bring my son out of the car or the gun out? I mean I would hate to give you trouble, but that’s how I play this game,” I threatened. He started to hand out the briefcase, “ I want to get a call from Craig when he receives the money,” he said. “ Oh’ you will.” “ Great,” he handed the briefcase over and I walked back to the car.



     I got home and sat back down at the kitchen table, with Rylin. We counted the money and by what we know, there’s supposed to be $25,000. I had to use the restroom, so I left the table and money with Rylin. I came back and he was still counting the money. He had the last stack in his hands and laid it down, “ Well, we’re finished. Where’s dad at?” he asked.

“ I don’t know.” I sat back down.

“ Mom, there’s a problem.”

“ What?”

“ There’s not $25,000 like there’s supposed to be.”

“ What do you mean Rylin?”

“ There’s only $20,000.”

“So, we’re missing $5,000?”

“ Yeah.”

“ We’ll just wait till your dad gets home.”

“ Okay.” Rylin went up to his room, and left me to the money. I sat there, waiting for Craig to come home.


      Craig walked into the door and I was ready to tell him what was going on. “ Craig, I have some bad news for you,” I said.

“ What do you mean?” he wondered.

“ Well, I left to use the bathroom and Rylin was down here counting the rest of the money and when I came back down here, he told me that there was only $20,000 and that we were missing $5,000.”

“ What?” he yelled. “ Did you take it?” he asked me. I couldn’t believe he had the nerve to ask me that. I bolted out of my seat, “ You think that I stole your money?” I asked him, with fire in my voice.

“ Yeah. You’re the one that went to go get it, so yeah I do.”

“ Remember you were the one that said that he was a new one and he might try to cause some problems? Did you ever think that, he told you that he had it ready, but really he was only paying, what half of it?” I suggested, “ And by the way he wants a call from you, to know that you received the money.”

“ Well, I’ll call him for sure,” he bolted to his office to make the call.



     I was sitting in the living room, watching a rerun of Jersey Shore, until Craig walked into the living room. He sat down in his recliner, that he’s always in. “ So, what’s going on?” I asked him.

“ Well, just know that someone took the $5,000 from the case. I believe that’s it you, more than anyone.”

“ Why, though?”

“ Because you were the one that was counting it. Now, I hate to do this, but you better find it, or it’s not going to end out good.”

“ What? You’re going to divorce me or something?”

“ No, worse, because the money that I need and I don’t have right now, makes me want to kill someone and hell, that just might be you,” he explained, “ Now, if you don’t find this $5,000, then you’re in trouble.”

“ You know, I can’t really do much of anything, because I don’t know where to find this guy.” “Well, you’re in luck, because I do,” he got up from the recliner and I followed him to his office, .

“ He lives on the other side of town, so he shouldn’t be that hard to find. Here’s the address,” he gave me the address on a piece of paper and I left the house to go and look for him.


      I pulled up to his house and I parked my car on the other side of the road and I got out. I really didn’t know how to confront this guy about all this. Something inside of me, felt like this was a mistake. I knocked on the door and he answered it, “ Can I help you?”

“ Do you remember me?” I asked him.

“Yeah. What do you want? I gave you all the money.”

“ Yeah, see that’s why I’m here. My son had told me that we were missing $5,000 from case. So?”

“ Well, I’ll tell you this much. I made sure there was $25,000 in that case, before I even put it in the car,” he added. I stepped back and walked back to my car. Once, I got in the car, I pulled out my phone and called Craig, “Hello?” he answered.

“ Hey, I think I know why there’s not the right amount.”

“ Why?”

“ Because, I just put it all together. I went to use the restroom, while I left the money with Rylin and what if Rylin took it?”

“ You think that Rylin stole the money?”

“ Well, yeah. You thought I stole it, and that didn’t make sense. So, why don’t you think that Rylin stole it?”

“ I’ll talk to him.”

“ Is he at home right now?”

“ No.”

“ Check his room and call me if you find anything, okay?”

“ Okay.”


      I got home, still with no phone call. But when I got home, I saw Rylin and Craig standing in front of each other. I was guessing that Craig found the money in his room. “What’s going on?” I asked.

“ Well, you were right, Renee.”

“ I knew I was. Had that feeling. What’s going to happen?” I asked, Craig.

“ Well, I have the money and well, Rylin’s off the mafia and he’s out this house.” My son was old enough to move out and get a career going, but his father wanted him to help with the mafia, but now he’s finally out on his own.


            So, in the end I didn’t get accused anymore for lost money. He’ll finally trust his one and only wife.

© 2015 Heartful5160


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoy the tension between the family. As soon as the money was found missing it was like the end of the world.I also like the style it was written in when it came to the dialouge.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Heartful5160

9 Years Ago

Thank you for checking out my work, I will soon to be posting some more and I hope to see your comme.. read more
The story was wonderful ! Your a great writer !

Posted 9 Years Ago


Heartful5160

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much
I wonder why he needed the money and what he did with the $5,000; it seems like a lot of money, but some people have to pay large bills and it costs much more than that.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Heartful5160

9 Years Ago

Yeah, I see what you're saying. Just all made up
Heartful5160

9 Years Ago

I'm glad I left you thinking
For me the words match a background that has the same thoughts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw9fsAP9GkQ

Posted 9 Years Ago


this is a hell of a story,i can see a series from this.reminds me of my grand pa had a kkk out fit in his trunk on one side and the mason outfit and sword on the other

Posted 9 Years Ago


 wordman

9 Years Ago

well I share the same sentiment, not just kkk but all who put them selves above others
Heartful5160

9 Years Ago

Well, I'm glad were on the same page.
 wordman

9 Years Ago

well I am too so you thought I was a murderer
Wonderfully written piece, with a SAD, SAD, reminder of the power of money. 1st sending his wife to do his dirty work. 2nd the threatening to kill his wife over a measly $5,000. 3rd loosing a son over a measly $5,000 dollars. Which in the end was probably a blessing for the son getting him out of such an unhealthy world. Great Job.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Heartful5160

9 Years Ago

Exactly. It was a story that I had to write for my creative writing class and I just thought I would.. read more
This is really one great story!I love the tention in it
Wonderful story

Posted 9 Years Ago


Heartful5160

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the reading and review. Glad you liked it!
Lizardo

9 Years Ago

You are welcome!
I love this story and how the trust between the husband and wife is all one sided but by the end it goes both ways. It show's that with some people you have to prove your self in order to be trusted.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Heartful5160

9 Years Ago

I was happy to and glad you enjoyed it!
kick your buttercup

9 Years Ago

Absolutely I love these types of stories especially murder mystery
Heartful5160

9 Years Ago

Oh' well once again, I'm glad you liked it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

440 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 9, 2015
Last Updated on January 9, 2015

Author

Heartful5160
Heartful5160

Sherwood , AR



About
I'm a sixteen year old hard working writer and I enjoy writing every second. I love to give my opinion on things. I've written about three novels and trying to get them published. Please, if you have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..