Words

Words

A Story by Paisley

Being a kid is said to be the greatest days of your life. I often find myself pondering if I agree with that or not. I roll it over in my mind and try to attach each string of each word together. If you look at the sentence word by word, they each feed off each other to stay alive. Like all sentences do of course. Without one, how can the other survive? The strongest of words are spoken together. Maybe it is just words don’t want to be lonely. Or maybe it is because we put them together. We force them to bond even though they may not get along well. Because in that very second, that one spoken word cannot survive without others. However, why does this stick out to me so often? Perhaps, because I feel the best days lie ahead of me beyond my youth. Or, maybe it is the fact I simply know what kids my age go through on a day to day basis. The stress, that is often ignored by your elders because you are just a kid dealing with our ‘childish’ problems. The desire to ‘fit in’ that is placed inside of you much like how a word is forced into a sentence. Because there is no way of getting out of craving the feeling of completeness, or wanting the feeling that you are not alone. 

After almost completing my 4 years of high-school, I learned my most important lesson within the last year. Sad, that 3 years were wasted to being someone I was not; to friends who would not have my back for me, like I always have had theirs; pointless worrying about materialistic things which will not, nor ever will matter. Now I often find myself alone. I am not a sentence. I am one word, drowning in a sea of what does not matter. I am one word, with no description surrounding me, no other words to group me into what I am. I think that is why I feel so confused about the saying being a kid is the best days of your life. Because I myself feel that the strings of that sentence is the smile kids wear on their face walking around everyday. It is not real, it is plastered together to cover the loneliness they truly feel. Leading to my last and final statement, that the smile one wears may be fake. But the words one speaks to another can be just as fake as the statement: if you are a kid you are currently living in the best days of your life.

© 2015 Paisley


Author's Note

Paisley
First piece that I put out in public like this, very unsure of how I feel but thank you for your time in reading this

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on February 12, 2015
Last Updated on February 12, 2015
Tags: life, words, feelings, loneliness, kids

Author

Paisley
Paisley

Writing
Someone Someone

A Story by Paisley