Summer Night

Summer Night

A Story by Paisley

The only word I can use is excitement because finally the guy next door had a date with me. Maybe it was the warm summer breeze that night, or maybe it was the fact not only was he talking but I could see a whole other conversation under his baseball hat in his light blue eyes that could keep one held into them as if you were reading a best selling New York Times book. One that couldn’t be put down because just when you think you passed the best part of the book, a better chapter came up. Our plan was to go to a festival. Before the festival even came I could hear the laughter of the little kids running past me as they ask their mom for more money to play a game, I could see the twinkling of the ferris wheel lit up, the smell of the fresh elephant ears in the hands of a couple that walked by who were noticeably in love. However, my day dreaming came to an end when I got a phone call saying he called off work, and could not risk being seen there because if he did it would look bad. Of course, I understood and when I got into his truck after his big white smile and dimples greeted me, we mulled over where we should go. I was so nervous that every word I spoke felt like it was spilling out of me like the water does on the top of a water fall. I recently read a book where a couple road tripped with a penny and an idea. “Do you have any change?” I asked him, and right when I did he handed me a quarter. “Okay,” I continued, “heads we go right, tails we go left. We will do this at every major intersection until we find a destination!” He smiled and agreed to my quick game. But, after about 4 flips we found ourselves heading into an unknown part of Detroit. He said “I have a place we could go to.. My aunt lives there and it’s beautiful. I think you’ll like it.” And so we went.. off to for all that I knew could be a garbage can and I would be happy because I was with him. There is something about his presence that puts the world to shame. We ended up on the quietest, island you can find that is remotely near us. We were driving around talking about whatever came our way. That was something I enjoyed about him, he had the ability to make me feel like I have been with him forever. Little did I know that this would be our go to place as our relationship developed. That city is something very special to me. It symbolizes the beginning of a blessing I can not thank God enough for. There was something about that night that felt normal. That night I realized I was finding myself falling in love. And, even if I am too young to know the feeling, I have never been so sure of something in my whole entire life. I guess I would come to find out no John Green love story in the world could beat my love story which started that night. 

© 2015 Paisley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's a really beautiful story. It is written in a way that made it really romantic. I love it.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
1 Review
Added on February 12, 2015
Last Updated on February 12, 2015
Tags: love, boyfriend, happy, first date, excitement, butterflies

Author

Paisley
Paisley

Writing
Someone Someone

A Story by Paisley


Escape Escape

A Story by Paisley