What About Me?

What About Me?

A Story by Paisley

I find myself always constantly giving. Emotionally, I am drained. For being the girl who walks into a room and wants to make those close to her happy. No matter how hard it might be. 

I give I give I give, but I never break. I sit here waiting for my time to break. All of this built up of emotion gets heavy on my shoulders and the weight of it crawls up to my temples until I cannot take the pounding anymore and reside to tears instead. 

I do special things for everyone just to enjoy my presence but they unfortunately go unnoticed. 

That’s when I feel alone. 

The world turns me away every time, but why? Why does the girl who gives and cares always the one no one is giving or caring about. 

Materiallistic things do not seem to matter when no one is emotionally there for you. A closet of the finest dresses, or the words of someones sincerety when they understand why you are upset? The value of the mind is obvious. But the value of the heart remain unseen like the tears that form day in and day out when I am in my room by myself. 

It is the sadness which I cannot explain other than the fact I just need someone next to me at all times. I need to know I am normal. 

However, I am the only person who understands I feel every emotion so deeply. The waves of all feelings drown me and that’s when my temples pound harder. I am suffocating in my own feelings that no one will ever understand.

I have lost everything by giving to everyone. 

© 2015 Paisley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have felt this way many times over, in my life. I can't definitely relate, its so hard to be the one that gives and praises and never feel it reciprocated ....lovely write, thanks for sharing

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 19, 2015
Last Updated on February 19, 2015
Tags: emotions, sadness, confusion

Author

Paisley
Paisley

Writing
Someone Someone

A Story by Paisley


Escape Escape

A Story by Paisley