Chapter 4: A Sister in Need

Chapter 4: A Sister in Need

A Chapter by Literally Words

Chapter 4: A Sister in Need


Ruby woke up at 9:56AM and got up quickly and got dressed, ate a bowl of cereal for breakfast, brushed her teeth and got ready for the day. Nan was in the living room on the phone with mum. As Ruby went to say good morning to her, her call finished. “Morning nan,” Ruby greeted.

“Morning hun, your mummy is on the way to pick you up,” She replied. Ruby nodded, then she texted mum to ask if Tania and Toni could visit. Mum agreed, so Ruby texted them to say they could come. She gave them Grace’s ward number so they can meet her there.


Ruby’s mum came and picked her up, and drove her to the hospital. The doctor was in the room, trying to comfort her, saying things like “You’ll be alright, you’re in good hands,” and “We’ve put anaesthetic on you, don’t worry,” Then he saw Mum and promised her Grace would be 100% fine and ready to go home in a week or two utmost.

“Grace, you are a very brave girl. Just stay there while we do a few more tests. It won’t hurt a bit,” he laughed.


Toni and Tania were at the door, waiting to be invited in. Grace saw them and waved trying to smile. Ruby let them in and they rushed to either side of the bed asking her so many questions. Grace laughed at them.

“I’m alright guys, I’ll be out of here before you know it,” She reassured them. All four girls hugged each other. Soon Ruby, Toni and Tania had to go, so Andrea decided that Ruby could come over to their house. Andrea got the three girls into her new yellow car.

“So how are you, Ruby?” Andrea asked.

“I’m fine, just still a bit shocked with that accident, you know,” Ruby said. Andrea nodded.

As the car parked into the garage, they got out and Andrea guided Ruby to the kitchen.

“What do you want for lunch, Ruby?”

“Hmm, do you have lasagne?” Ruby asked. Andrea scanned the fridge and indeed they did have lasagne. To Ruby’s surprise, she pulled out a cooked lasagne and popped it in the microwave to reheat. The three girls chomped into their lunch. It was an awkward silence, as Tania and Toni didn’t want to say anything because they were afraid to hurt Ruby’s feelings. After their lunch the girls went upstairs into Tania and Toni’s room. Andrea had made up a mattress for Ruby.

“Guys, we’ve been friends for sometime, right?” Ruby asked. Tania and Toni both nodded. “Well you see, I have to tell you something. Promise you won’t tell anyone?”

“Of course we won’t,” Toni promised.

“Okay, well you remember Solarist?”

“We will never forget that,” Tania replied.

“Well, I still go there in my dreams!” Ruby blurted. Toni and Tania stared at her. “Please don’t tell anyone!”

“Is this a joke Ruby? Tell us what’s been happening, then,” Tania retorted.

“Well I’m a lone leader, no one else from Earth is there. I am trying to help the poor there. I also met a family of a brother and sister, and I am currently helping them out,” Ruby answered.

“Sounds fun, Tania should we try to get there tonight?” Toni turned to Tania. She nodded

“How though, our dreams are back to normal now,” Tania replied.

“Let’s just hope for the best tonight,” Toni said, positively.



© 2017 Literally Words


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on March 7, 2017
Last Updated on March 7, 2017


Author

Literally Words
Literally Words

Auckland, New Zealand



About
Just a bunch of random stories that just pop up in my mind more..

Writing