Chapter 6: Home comes Grace

Chapter 6: Home comes Grace

A Chapter by Literally Words

Chapter 6: Home comes Grace


After half an hour of poking by Tania, Ruby’s eyes started to open slowly. Toni dragged her to the kitchen and happily announced,

“Pie for brekkie!!”

“Ugh, yay,” Ruby said still half asleep. “Can I go back to bed?” she protested

The twins and Andrea stopped, stared and gasped.

“But pie’s your favourite?” Tania said,

“Your dreams must be getting too good for you, isn’t it?” Toni asked. Ruby giggled, and poked her tongue at them and making silly faces. The girls and Andrea all laughed at the faces Ruby was making.


Once again, they went back to the hospital to visit crippled Grace. The doctor was there, getting Grace ready to go home. She had a neck cast, which she said made her look like a freak. Grace’s wasn’t allowed to move her head, which made her feel uncomfortable on the way home. Mum had bought a special chair for Grace to sit on that would be comfortable for her neck. Grace had twisted her neck so it wasn’t as bad as breaking it, but still, she wasn’t allowed to go back to school unless it heals completely. Mum helped Grace onto her special chair and hurried off to get some fruit for her.

“There you go, darling. There’s nothing better than fresh fruit. How bad was the hospital food?” Mum asked.

“Oh, it wasn’t the best. It was quite bland and tasteless if you ask me,” Grace shrugged. Ruby had run off to her room, she wanted to get back to Feather and Leigh and see how they were doing, so she got into bed and fell into a nap.


She found herself next to Leigh and Feather sleeping. Leigh was holding Feather’s hand, as if he was scared she would leave him. Ruby smiled, and saw that Leigh’s most important thing in his life was his little Feather. She was happy that both brother and sister were extremely close to each other. The maid came over.

“Your majesty, you have been a lovely queen to us all. And we so prayed that Queen Grace would come, she didn’t come,” she came closer and put a finger to her lips. “So we put a curse on her. Whenever she comes down what the E-arthlings call “stairs” she will roll down and hit her head and hurt herself! Isn’t that a wonderfully great idea??!”

“Of course not!” Ruby said immediately. She ran to her room and got her staff, she held it up, and with the power invested inside of her she removed the curse performed on her sister, and she use all of her power to make magic more rare and only available to royalty for good deeds only. Ruby was proud of herself, there was her second good deed to Solarist.


Ruby summoned some expert builders and designers and told them to design a simple, stable, and small house design. The designers and builders went straight to work. Ruby was now ready to go back to E-arth, and to see her beloved sister.


Ruby woke up to see Grace was sitting next to her bed, in her special chair.

“How’s Solarist?” she asked, kicking her legs around.

“It’s cool, I guess,” Ruby shrugged effortlessly. She was too carried away to realise she had given away her secret. She put her hand to her mouth, startled.

“GRACE?” she gasped. “How did you know? Who told you??”

“Sleeptalking. Duh,” Grace glared at her. “Why didn’t you tell me?” Ruby was so embarrassed that she ran out of the room and down the stairs.



© 2017 Literally Words


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on March 7, 2017
Last Updated on March 7, 2017


Author

Literally Words
Literally Words

Auckland, New Zealand



About
Just a bunch of random stories that just pop up in my mind more..

Writing