Chpt. 17 (?)

Chpt. 17 (?)

A Chapter by DowntoEarthDreamer

Reluctently Jesse dropped his arms, I immediately missed the warmth that seemed to radiate from him as if he were a stove. He glared at a few of the slightly younger boys who were looking at us curiously, then he rounded that death look on a slightly hystarical Spit who had progressed from doubling over to sitting on the ground with his head between his knees, howling in laughter.

"Okay, ya can stop now." Jesse growled.

"Th-thank ya Vel, fer catchin' dat when ya did, I couldn't take no more. If he'da kissed ya dat li'l kid ova dar was gonna die!" Spit gasped out.

"Yer gonna die inna minute if ya don't cut it out." I grumped as I crossed my arms across my chest.

Just then, Print walked up, little Anna May hanging off his arm like a shed coat,

"'s so funny, Spit?" he asked,

"Jesse finally told Vel dat 'e loves 'er." Spit said clearing his throat and starting to rise.

"'bout time." Print muttered, Anna May giggled.

"Am I de only one dat didn't have 'ny idea ta his intentions?" I asked, glancing around.

"Yeah, basically." Jesse chuckled, I glared at him; apparently knowing that he returned my feelings didn't make me want to slap that insaitable grin off of his face any less. Thankfully for Jesse one of the smaller boys came running out of the crowd and stopped right in front of Jesse.

"Blink says dat da three a ya need ta get up ta da front now er he'll toss ya inna da river."

"I am so sick of dat li'l rat-b*****d..." I muttered to myself, Jesse laughed and put his arm around my shoulders and squeezed,

"Don't worry, my dear, soon ya won't hafta see 'im no more." I snorted, at this point I could never see Kid Blink again and it would be too soon. Jesse chuckled at the expressioin on my face and kissed my cheek before collecting Spit and Print and weeding their way through the crowd. Anna May smiled dreamily to herself as she turned her gaze to me, suddenly that dreamy look dissapeared and was replaced by a harder, more preditory look that startled me,

"Isn't he cute?" she laughed a little cruelly, "I like keeping him around, he reminds me of a puppy." she slipped a silk hankie from her sleeve and blotted at her forehead and face from where the dew in the air was making her makeup thick.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I'm assuming that you're keeping another man on the side, little Jesse can't be that good." I snorted again,

"Who says I'm anything like you?"

"We both like to be in charge of our own lives, don't we?" I glared daggers at Anna May, "Although, Jesse is rather handsome...would you be interested in sharing?" I moved forward and looked straight into her eyes. She was a little taller then I was, but I knew I was more intimidating then this little powder-puff. I kept a fake smile on my face so that I didn't draw attention to us, but my voice was low and, hopefully, dangerous sounding.

"Listen ta me ya li'l w***e, I can't stop ya from throwin' yerself at every male who comes witin twenty feet a ya. But what I can do, is stop ya from hurtin' a decent guy like Print. He works hard 'nd thinks ya hung da damned moon 'nd stars! It'll hurt 'im less if I tell him yer no good, den if he catches ya with Fiction up yer skirts!" she gasped a little, and looked down at me with wide eyes,

"You wouldn't."

"I don't have any problem throwin' yer sorry uptown a*s outta Print's bed 'nd inta da streets ta go back ta yer parents 'nd their money."

"You evil, vindictive..." Anna May started to snarl, I stopped her with a calm smile,

"Ah ah ah," I scolded mockingly, "you're devil horns are showing, harlet." She shot me a look of pure malice, then turned on her heel and flounced away. I settled back, chuckling to myself as the mass of kids around me started moving as one. I picked up my sign and followed.



© 2008 DowntoEarthDreamer


Author's Note

DowntoEarthDreamer
sort of short, but i wanted to get it out there.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

hehe! i love this chapter. i kow its been awile since ive reviewed (work, writing, prom, stress, blah!) but im glad anna may finally got what she deserve. I am actually a litle depressed that Vel didn't beat her to a pulp because i woulda paid u c ouple bucks to put that in there lol. Neways great chapter! I will return once your next is posted! Until then Dream!

Posted 16 Years Ago


I loved this chapter! Vel's definitely coming into her own and I'm so happy for her and Jesse. I hope nothing gets in the way of them or Belle's future. I can't wait to read more! I'll be waiting for the next chapter.

Brette

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 14, 2008


Author

DowntoEarthDreamer
DowntoEarthDreamer

Stafford Springs, CT



About
I'm really shy about letting people read my things, but I've loved writing and imagining since I was very little. So..in an effort to see if I actually have something that vaugly resembles talent er .. more..

Writing
 1 1

A Chapter by DowntoEarthDreamer


2 2

A Chapter by DowntoEarthDreamer