Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by Kathryn Elizabeth
"

This chapter has some violence and mild language. Readers be warned! Enjoy :)

"

One stormy evening, five years after my mother's death, my father came home unusally drunk. It was a wonder he managed to make it home. I heard him slam the front door and began to shiver uncontrollably. I knew what was coming next.

 

He stomped up the stairs and down the hallway to my room. I began to cry as I heard his footsteps coming nearer. I heard him rattle the doorknob, and I gasped in horror. I had forgotten to unlock my door this morning. My fears of the locked door making the situation worse were confirmed as he began to scream through the door. "Open up! Open this damn door now Emmilynn!"

 

I hurried to the door and unlocked it, then retreated as fast as humanly possible. But it just wasn't quick enough. "You think you can lock me out of this room, in my house? I am your father for christ's sake! You have angered me for the last time!" He screamed as he rushed towards me, knocking me to the ground.

 

Grabbing a fist full of my hair, he dragged me out of my room. Throwing me over his shoulder, he carried me downstairs and out the front door. I screamed, begged, and pleaded with him to stop, but he wouldn't listen. I began to fear my very life as he threw me into the trunk of the car. My cries for help were drowned by the engine, which was roaring to life as he floored out of the driveway and down the road at an alarming rate.

 

I sat in the trunk and cried for a few minutes, thinking hard of my situation. Eventually, I fainted.

 

I awoke on the damp, soft ground. It felt like I was laying on pine needles. I sat up quickly and looked around, seeing nothing but darkness. I quickly realized that I was blindfolded and my hands were tied securely behind my back.

 

Suddenly, the blindfold covering my eyes was ripped away. I looked in horror at my father who was now standing in front of me, pistol in hand. From the corners of my vision, I notice vast oak and pine trees surrounding me.

 

I return my attention to my father, who is standing in silence, pistol pointed in my direction. "Daddy...please don't do this." I begged. He got down on his knee and looked directly into my eyes. "I didn't want to do this." I noticed he had began to cry. "You just had to kill her! Why did you let her die! Why?!"

 

He slapped me across the face with his pistol and rose. "After all these years... I cared for you, provided for you, did everything for you. This is the thanks I get?" He raised the pistol again and I closed my eyes, prepared for death. "I'm coming, mama." I whispered.

 

But nothing happened. I opened my eyes to see my father looking past me in horror. Before I could turn to look, I saw an orange blur leap over my head and tackle my father. The giant creature loomed over my father, growling as it pinned him to the ground. Even though he had mistreated me, I couldn't help but yell, "No! Daddy! Stop!" As if it understood, the creature released him and sat protectively in front of me.

 

My father, terrified, ran towards his car and drove off.

 

That was the last time I ever saw him.

 

The creature stood up and walked around to my backside. I felt my hands fall to my side as it gently bit through my restraints. Turning around to look at the creature who had saved me, I realized that I was staring straight into the burning eyes of a tiger.

 



© 2011 Kathryn Elizabeth


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

hmm I like this and want to read more of it :) Very good and captivating!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This part of the chapter really gets me into the story. Now I want to know: who is this tiger? What will happen to Emmilynn? Will she go back home? Will the tiger take her somewhere? This sounds so exciting so far. Keep on writing cause I would like to know what will happen with this girl. Great work. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


In the beggining , I was like "uh oh" but at the end , it changed to "whoa"
You did really good. I am loving it so far. Can't wait for the next chapter!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
3 Reviews
Added on June 27, 2011
Last Updated on June 27, 2011


Author

Kathryn Elizabeth
Kathryn Elizabeth

GA



About
Hello there. My pen name is Kathryn, as I'm not a fan of just sharing my actual name with the world. Anyhow, here are some things about me: I love the hipster culture. Writing poems, fantasy, an.. more..

Writing