CHAPTER 1: THE TRUTH

CHAPTER 1: THE TRUTH

A Chapter by Ethan
"

first chapter of my epic book, The 6 Descendants. introduces the main characters and small overview of characters

"

CHAPTER 1: THE truth.

“Guys this is the greatest challenge we have ever faced,” Mark said, “on my mark…NOW!” the boys at the red team started throwing water balloons at the opposing blue team. The red team won. “You won again,” stated Mark’s best friend, Callum. Mark was water fighting with his best mates at the local park by his house who are: Callum, James, Jessy, Rick and Kyle. It was unfair since the match was four against three, because Mark says that the dog counts as a player. Callum is from the Air Kingdom, James is from the Fire Kingdom, Rick is from the Lightning Kingdom, Jessy is from the Water Kingdom and Mark and Kyle are from the Rock Kingdom. So they are each from different kingdoms apart from Mark and Kyle. All Mark’s friends were the descendants of the different lords of the kingdoms that they are from but mark wasn’t, and he never knew his father or his blood-line. Mark envied his friends as he saw those firing rocks, electricity, water and all sorts at each other as they have powers of their elements.

But during the fight Kyle accidently shot a rock into Mark’s leg, his eyes started glowing purple, but he couldn’t control it, it was a purple that no one had seen in a long time. After a few seconds of his eyes glowing, they started glowing brighter until they stopped growing in mesmerising brightness and then Mark started to float. Mark shouted out strange words. He did all this for a while until he blacked out and fell to the ground.

*

Mark woke up noticing the clock said four hours later than the time they finished water fighting. He noticed he was on the sofa and then looked to his left and saw Jessy asleep with her cheek resting on her hand. “Jessy?” Mark said softly, “Jessy!” Mark said louder. Jessy woke suddenly with drool all over her hands. “Oh, Mark, you’re awake.”  Jessy got up, gave Mark a hug and whispered to him,” Your mom is waiting for you in her room, but she just told me already,” and left. Mark was confused, but felt weird because it is was the first time a girl, other than his mom, had hugged him. Mark quite fancied Jessy, but he never imagined that she would be the one to stay with him, and then hug him. Mark was 13 years old, Jessy was the same and so was Callum, but Kyle was 12 and Rick was 14.

 Mark walked up the creaky staircase of stone. He saw his mom sitting on her bed staring down and frowning. As Mark walked through the door his mom said, “I have never once lied to you Mark, I did say that you’re from a family of men that create things, and that is not a lie, but I didn’t tell you everything. Mark looked confused but then he felt a tear run down his face and drip of his chin. The room was so silent you could hear a pin drop. “Your father was a very important man, Mark; he was descended from the Universe Lord.”  Mark’s eyes lit purple up again but he did not float or speak strange words, he could control himself. Mark heard a voice in his head say “Hello Mark, you have unlocked the first stage of power, control.” His eyes became normal again. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and Marks friends came in. “Were you guys listening in on that?” Mark said wiping his tears away before Jessy could see. “Every word mate,” Rick said smirking. “You can stay the night boys if you want, and Jessy, you can get the spare room away from the boys,” said Marks mom. “Thanks Miss F” Jessy said. You guys get to sleep now.

*

“Mark?” Rick said quietly, mark nearly dosed off but Rick woke him just before. “What do you want, man?”               “Do you want to talk?” All of Mark’s friends sat up waiting to talk as a group without Jessy. Then Kyle popped up and said to Mark, “So you asked Jessy out yet, we all know the way you look at her, and the way she looks at you.”                   “What do you mean, we’re just good friends, that’s all.” Mark answered quickly.              “Go to sleep you five!” shouted Mark’s mom from the other room. The five looked at each other, said their good nights, and went to sleep.



© 2016 Ethan


Author's Note

Ethan
13 and over

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Will edit to fit the need of a fan

Posted 7 Years Ago


It's kind of hard to picture the environment and what time this takes place, I would also recommend describing what the characters look like briefly. i'm new to story writing too so overall keep up the good work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 6, 2016
Last Updated on May 7, 2016
Tags: Chapter, Book, The, Six, 6, Descendants, 1, One, Fantasy, Epic


Author

Ethan
Ethan

South Africa



Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Ethan