Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Hurumi
"

The prologue of Sword Masters.

"

Prologue

Good afternoon, students,” a voice said on the intercom. “This is your principal, Ms. Lafontay, informing you that, as young people, high school is a very important aspect of your lives. So I have decided to hold a special tournament here in Maryweather High. This tournament will allow you, as young people, to decide how you want your school to be run. This tournament is called Sword Masters. I'm leaving the decision in the hands of you younger individuals, rather than myself. I personally believe the victor will lead Maryweather High to a much better place."

After the voice vanished from the intercom loud shrieks and applause crowded the hallway.

“Alright. About damn time that principal finally did something good,” a voice said.

This voice surprisingly came from a young woman of about 15 years of age. She was a bit over the average height for a young American woman. Her pink hair was slanted to the side on one side, with the other half of her head having been shaved. She was dressed in a light blue hoodie cut off at her waist. Her bosom was lifeless, but she was not one to care about such trivial things, unlike most girls her age. She wore a pleated skirt with matching knee high sneakers. A fiery expression showed on her face; she had been waiting for something like this happened. Although an event happening like this was unexpected, but it provided the young woman the opportunity to start her revenge.

Her revenge on the Royals, the high social class within high school society.

Also known as the popular kids in everyday language. 'The Royals' was a term created by the high school itself, along with other terms. The Outcasts, the Orders, the Royals, the Observers (or Neutral), and the Rebels were all terms for different 'allegiances.' These 'allegiances' were just groups which formed in the school, just a fancy term for cliques.

Ariette Jones is a student of the Rebel allegiance, though she does not care for label or placement. All she is after is the destruction of the Royals' dominance after they had destroyed her life.

Her elder sister Henrietta once attended Maryweather High. She was a kind and a sweetheart girl who cared for everyone. That kindness was abused by the Royals: asking for favors, having her do their homework despite saying “just once.” Then, the very same people she trusted showed their true colors: they began to tease her and make fun of her.

At home a very young Ariette Jones saw her sister Henrietta filled with sadness that was hidden behind false happiness. While her family smiled, inside Henrietta was crying, crying for the pain to end.

One day she couldn't take it anymore and Henrietta drowned herself in the river.

All little Ariette could do was cry, asking "Why did she do this? Who made her do this?”

“Evil people,” her parents said. "People that couldn't stand seeing others happy, so they decided to make her life miserable for their own benefit."

“And that's what I will do,” a little Ariette said to herself. She had promised that, when she is older, she will destroy that very same structure at Maryweather High which killed her sister. Now a much older Ariette Jones plays that memory back her head.

“It's time to start raising hell” she said walking off. Unknown to her, there were other young women who were also going to act in this very tournament. 



© 2015 Hurumi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the concept; it reminds me of Real Bout High School. I like Ariette and Henrietta; you can easily relate to both of them and they are very human.

It was possibly a little heavy on exposition, and could have done with more balance in terms of description and dialogue, but this does not detract from the potential here.

Good job.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Hurumi

8 Years Ago

Ah thank you so very much for the review. Oh yes I was not aware that I use too much exposition. Sho.. read more
David Jae

8 Years Ago

Yeah, it's quite an old one now.

The details you included are important, you just ne.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
1 Review
Added on July 29, 2015
Last Updated on July 29, 2015


Author

Hurumi
Hurumi

About
Hello everyone I am artist and a writer. I was normally going to make my works into comics but I have realized that I lack the motivation to continue working on them at a constant schedule. So I decid.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hurumi


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hurumi