Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hurumi
"

The first chapter of Sword Masters

"

Ariette!”

Ariette!”

The sound of the voice began to change and it rang a sense of familiarity in Ariette's head.

This voice sounds familiar”; Henrietta is that you? Ariette asks. “If it is you why did you kill yourself? You could have talk to Mom or Dad about what you were facing in high school! You always made it seem fun and I envy you for that especially when we could no longer hang out together. I though you could talk to me about anything,but I guess I was wrong.

Ariette Jones you wake up this instant!” The teacher shouted.

*Yawn*


Ariette stretched her arms up into the air. She was unaware that it was still homeroom and the day only had just begun. “Oh morning teach” she said to the teacher. “Ariette Jones for the umpteenth time you are NOT ALLOWED TO SLEEP IN CLASS! the teacher said in an infuriating tone. You are in school you need to start acting like it.”


Yeah, yeah ,I know teach” Ariette responded. She looked like someone who was tired of hearing the usually lecture on academic behavior. But, she did not care because of what she heard yesterday was still in her mind.


Her school principal Ms. Lafontay made a breaking announcement. She decided to create a tournament called Sword Masters which will alter the order of Maryweather High. Ariette found this to be an awesome experience presented to her because her goal was always to take down the Royals at Maryweather High.


The Royals have been a term created by fellow students based on the status of other students here at Maryweather. This is how along with other terms came to be under know as an allegiance. The Royals represent one of the many allegiances formed at the school. Ariette is a part of the Rebel allegiance one the lower social statuses at Maryweather. The students part of the Rebel allegiance are those who have failed to follow orders by school staff or student officials. They can be considered as the troublemakers within the school they will likely start drama.


Ariette never cared for labels or allegiances as she just stayed to herself. She also never bothered to respect the authorizes. School staff and student officials meant nothing to her as that trust was lost ten years ago. When Henrietta died so did her respect from the education system. The loud school bell phased her back in reality and long before she knew it the class was over.


Good for Ariette anyway because her most favorite part of the day came. Lunch time the meal that one needed to get through the remainder of the day. That also meant the school day would end soon and Ariette could get out of here.


As she enters in the cafeteria, she is immediately swarm with fellow Rebel students.


Yo! Jones we all know you gonna enter that Sword Masters tournament right?” A random guy said. If you win that Sword Masters then we can finally rule the school. I can finally threaten those teachers to give me better grades on my school work.”


I'm not entering the tournament just so you guys can do dumb stuff. Ariette said with a serious look. I'm entering to take out Melanie De Rosa the head cheerleader of our school's s****y squad.”


After those words were said silence fill the space between all of them.


Could you blame them? Even members of the Rebel allegiance wouldn't think no one take out Melanie De Rosa. The young woman is stacked with money and so much protection getting close to her would be nearly impossible.


But, instead of fear there was excitement filled in the space that surrounded them. “That our Ariette Jones!” the man said. “ Only you would have the guts to take on the big dog. I do hope you know she not only popular with the people but, also as a target as well. So don't expect to be able to get to her easily. You'll have a whole lot of competition ahead of you.” “ I know that I'm not the only one with has tensions with her” Ariette said.


She knows that Melanie has caused many indicates due to her popularity. Due to this enemies have emerged from the students.


After finishing talking to the other Rebellion students, Ariette moves to the tournament booth that was set up in the cafeteria. “Young student are you going to enter Sword Masters?” a teacher said. “You damn right” she said. She had forgotten that she was talking to a teacher and that language was normally unacceptable. But, the teacher paid no attention to her and said the words that she wanted to hear. “Alright your in.” As a teacher, I usually cannot condone violence in school, but, this tournament was created by the principal so it is out of my hands. “I do not know what she is possibly thinking. “Well whatever it is must be a good thing.” Ariette said jokingly.


Suddenly the happy chatter stop as loud marching came straight into the cafeteria. Two cheerleaders stood in the center the of the cafeteria with their arms to the sides like army soldiers. “HEAD CHEERLEADER MELANIE DE ROSA IS GOING TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT! ALL OF YOU ARE COMMANDED TO HEAR HER PRECIOUS WORDS” they shouted. “Ugh here comes the s****y head leader” Ariette said in a low tone preventing the others hear. After she had said those words the door had busted open and out came Melanie De Rosa.


Melanie was a very beautiful young woman with an hourglass figure. Her wealth, looks, popularity was all of every girl's desires. She flung her long black hair to the back of her body and pose like a model on the runway. “ Fellow students... I'm sure we all know about the announcement principal Lafontay has made the other day on the intercom don't we? This silly little thing called 'Sword Masters' where one of us can get gain control of Maryweather High. Well just so you know nobody in here can top me so why don't you all back down. This is a waste of your time and yours truly.


Your just scared as s**t of someone messing up that pretty body of yours!” Ariette said coming up to her. “ That vulgarity of course it would be you Miss Jones” Melanie said. “Are you not a lady?” “A lady does not speak that way. If you keep talking like that then you will never find a boyfriend of your own.” she said with a smirk. “ Oh like the trash you got?” “Popularity mess ain't for me” Ariette said. “My boyfriend is the pride of our school.” “ He helps win our games” Melanie said.


She changes the subject and remembers about the list for the Sword Masters tournament. “You think you can beat me, Miss Jones? There is no way that you can do that. I have so much power held within Maryweather High your attempts would be impossible. If there was even a slight chance that I will lose my followers would not stand for it and I would be back in power in no time. She raises her voice so that all the students in the cafeteria would hear. NONE OF YOU FOOLS WILL NEVER NOR COULD BEAT ME” she said. After her tone returns to normal and she smiles and leaves the cafeteria. Then her followers proceeded behind her like a pack of dogs.


Chatting fills back into the cafeteria along with whispers of what just happened.


That B***h!” Ariette said. “She thinks her popularity power will save her from me beating her down a notch.”


Before she can continue her ranting, her stomach reminds her of it hungriness. “Ah yeah I'm starving need to get me something from the lunch ladies.” Ariette didn't mind having school food. She knew when she first arrives to Mayweather High about how 'cool kids' don't eat school lunch. But, to her food was food once her stomach starts talking that when she is biting. She sat down in a corner away from the students reflecting her loner status. She took a huge bit of the apple and chewed it very loudly. Ariette didn't care about her eating etiquette skills if she looks messy, not a problem for her. She knew no one would mess with her about it. When she was done Ariette got and left her tray, knowing that it the cafeteria’s job to pick up the trash. Though the school staff always encourage the students to try and clean up after themselves. Right then the school bell rang, signaling lunch was over and the halfway point of the day.

As she left Ariette did not realize that she was being talked about by other people.


Oh great, if she's entering that means we got a lot of work to do before we can get to De Rosa” a young man said to a young woman. The young woman sigh and smile. “Well we can't give up here before we even started” she said. The young woman knew all about Ariette from the other students from her Allegiance. That she is a Rebel allegiance student, and stays to herself. Not bothering anyone which was a good thing for the young woman. She knew Ariette and herself will eventually battle in Sword Masters.



© 2015 Hurumi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This just keeps getting better. I like what you're leading up to and the suspense is killing me.

Just one point; you might want to separate out your dialogue. Each time a new person is speaking, you should start a new line. It makes it easier for the reader.

Overall, this is an exciting story. Well done.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Hurumi

8 Years Ago

Yes thank you again for your review. Okay that really help me a lot. I'm currently writing the next .. read more
David Jae

8 Years Ago

You're doing fine

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 29, 2015
Last Updated on July 29, 2015


Author

Hurumi
Hurumi

About
Hello everyone I am artist and a writer. I was normally going to make my works into comics but I have realized that I lack the motivation to continue working on them at a constant schedule. So I decid.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Hurumi


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hurumi